Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Comments 'check boxes' saving/showing for other users viewing PDF file

When 'ticking off' comments that have been actioned on a PDF, when saved, those ticked check boxes don't show if someone else opens the PDF.

Please can the check box state be saved also, so all users can see what has been actioned (and save us all a lot of time going over amends!)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Spell check as you type

I'd like to have spell check AS I TYPE while writing post-it note comments in Acrobat. Every other form field in the world checks spelling as you type...but not Acrobat. Why? This is a ridiculous product limitation!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. please improve the pen sensitivity

i use the pen from the comment tools to write notes, but it is difficult to write with it because it is not smooth, making the writing process very slow

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I absolutely HATE the DC Pro interface; it's about as unfriendly to standard business users who use it for document review as it can get!

This is an impossible interface. Go back to the drawing board and look to the layouts before you 'streamlined for mobile devices' which is not how most of use use Acrobat Pro for routing documents in review.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. stamps custom calculation

Hello,

I tried to add a custom calculation script to my stamps (via form editing), but it always fails. (Also in Acrobat 11.0.23)

This is a serious bug!

Please have a look to the videos. (DC Version is 19.010.20098)

I could do it in Acrobat 10.1.16

When there's already some script in there, DC is able to edit it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add selection tool for selecting all comments on each page in bulk

Add selection tool for selecting all comments on each page in bulk. In addition, add the rotate comment tools by selecting all comments.

This is required while shifting comments from Old PDF document to New PDF document with major change in sheets/ orientation etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When attempting to enter a text box in the top RH corner of a document the tool covers the area the document I am editing

When attempting to enter a text box in the top RH corner of a document the tool covers the area the document I am editing. Have the tools we want to use permanently displayed

revert back to version 9 format.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi User, Thanks for reaching out to us.
    The workaround for this is to click on the text properties icon bar to hide the properties so that you can easily see the text box.
    Please let us know if this works for you.

For the second ask, can you explain the issue again as we are not clear with the ask here.

8. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can't filter comments. Locks up. Need to force quit. Macbook Pro

Can't filter comments. Locks up. Need to force quit. Tried everything. Macbook Pro

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Highlight Text Automatically Change to Cursor Every time after I Highlighted an Item

Every time I clicked on Highlight Text and highlighted something in the PDF, the highlight text pen automatically changed to the cursor, so that I can only highlight for one time and then I have to click on the highlight text pen before I highlight another item. That is, I cannot highlight the PDF consecutively. This is SO BAD.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Request: Pressure Sensitive Draw Tool

Requesting pressure sensitivity on the "Draw Free Form" tool, or a separate draw tool with pressure sensitivity.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. CENTER TEXT IN TEXT BOX

I want to center only selected text within a text box.

For example, I want most of the text to be, say, left justified and then have just a word at the bottom (in this case the word "GLOBAL") be centered.

I could do that in Pro XI. Now that I have Pro DC, if I select part of the text and click on "center," ALL the text centers, not just the text I've selected.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Multiple colors of Highlighters in the tool bar showing at one time. I could use six different colors

Multiple colors of Highlighters in the tool bar showing at one time. I could use six different colors

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Comment Windows: Display Sticky Note Color

In Acrobat 9, the "comments" window displayed the COLOR of the corresponding sticky note (there was a small sticky note icon in each window that showed the color of the corresponding note).It was possible to quickly view and navigate to related pages/sections of the PDF even if the page was not directly viewable; I could quickly scan for all comments that were associated with a RED sticky note, or a BLUE one, etc, by simply scrolling through the comments -- it was not necessary to view the actual page of the PDF to check the color of the sticky note.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Large comment list makes Acrobat unusable

A document with over 1000 comments become completely unusable because of lag. Even when creating an archive version.

Creative Cloud has become a disaster.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. An Urgent Need for Better and Bolder Annotation Tools

I respectfully suggest you consider enhancing Acrobat DC’s current annotation and highlighting tools to enable users to markup documents directly and instantly and do so without putting your users through Acrobat DC’s 28 tool / function menus.

I have been using Acrobat extensively for over 20 years and have a continuous need to annotate a wide range of PDF documents – legal, financial and technical and more. My annotation needs are both textual and graphic. While I remain loyal to Adobe Acrobat, I find Acrobat DC’s current annotation and highlight tools visually weak, limited in graphic capabilities and VERY timer-consuming…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Comments pane

I wish to open the comments pane to open or hide with the click of a button - it is taking up too much room. And in contrast to older versions I can no longer copy any text from the post-it notes (which might be useful if a translator has given a text change that needs to be transferred to a language layout) but have to open the comments pane (with what seems a lengthy way round).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Acrobat crashes frequently when using highlighter on large scanned PDF

Steps to reproduce the issue:
    Open a large scanned PDF, use the highlighter for several times until the bug happens, which when I'm moving the highlighter across scanned texts Acrobat stop responding, and sometimes there's a large transparent window found by Spy++ on top of other windows.

Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
    Windows 10 Version 1709 Build 16299.309
    Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Continuous Release Version 2018.011.20038

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow Properties Bar to modify Comment - Add Text objects

Allow/Enable the Properties of an 'Add Text' Comment to include 'Appearance' modifiers. e.g., opacity. Similar in function to the 'Add Text Box' Comment objects.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Wildcard searches within documents

After trying to search for names in a 2000+ page PDF document, I discovered that wildcard searches are only available at the folder level, not the document level. In this particular case, the names might or might not include a middle initial so a basic First*Last search is critical. This is old technology that needs to be brought back. We included wildcard searches of documents 35 years ago in software - but they seem to have vanished. It isn't difficult to write the code and test it - especially since Adobe already does it for collections of documents. It just…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base