Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Adobe Document Cloud forum.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Why clicking twice for checkboxes?!

In the previous version you can easly click on the checkbox, because it was in the same row (view) as the comment. Now you have to click twice to click the checkbox. Please make it as it was!

13 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • 11 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • 2 steps to add check to comments - Build: 19.8.20071.303822

In previous versions of Acrobat I was able to Check a comment (typically once I had made an edit to my InDesign doc). By setting the filter to show unchecked comments only I was systematically able to go through a set of clients edits. In the new version of Acrobat you have removed the ability to just click to check a comment. I now have to open a drop down menu and select it. This is really annoying when you have a large document with over 100 comments (as I regularly do).

Please return the simple check box to the…

9 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Why did you hide the checkmark?

Why did you hide the checkmark?

9 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Tick box in comments disappeared after last update

I always used the tick box while reviewing, using a filter so that comments I processed also disappeared. It was an easy and intuitive way of editing the source text with the help of the comments in the PDF. After the last update, the tick box is gone and now hidden. You have to click the dots in the top right corner of the comment, then select 'Set status' and then click the status. That's THREE clicks instead of one. NOT user friendly, NOT intuitive, NO improvement. Please give me back my tick box!

8 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • PLEASE BRING BACK THE CHECK BOXES!!!!!!! WE USE THAT 100% OF OUR JOB

WE USE THE CHECKBOXES TO TRACK CHANGES PLEASE BRING IT BACK TO VISIBLE AND EASY ACCESS. IT'S MESSING UP OUR WORKFLOW

8 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Customize Comment Pane

The comments pane takes up WAY too much space. I would like the ability to customize what I see there.

Currently in the Comments pane, it display the:

-Author Name
                -Type of Comment
                -Text within the pop-up note
                -Date and Time

Sometimes all of this information is useful, but most of the time, I don't need to see all that! It is a waste of screen space. I would like the ability to show to only those options which I need. In this case, I just want to see what is in the pop-up note, nothing more.

We can customize…

8 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Make Comments Toolbar Open Automatically/By Default

I would LOVE it if you folks could make the Comments Tool auto-open and/or by default somehow. I open lots and lots of pages every day and it would be really wonderful if the Comments just opened every time I opened a new doc.

8 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Copy text out of comment

1 Copyedits made in a comment format are nearly impossible to copy and paste
                    2 Receive PDF with comments.Select text in comment, either in popup window or in sidebar list, and copy to clipboard. Check clipboard contents: empty.
                    3 Any version of DC, Mac platform. Have deleted files, the application, all Adobe software, reinstalled. Created new user profile. Purchased a NEW COMPUTER and installed DC. The problem is OS-, file- and device-independent.
                    4 Expected result: copying text would result in it being copied to the clipboard.
                    5. Observed result: nothing is copied. Has been the case since the initial release…

8 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• new update makes work inefficient

This recent update is extremely frustrating. It dropped off tools that were in my toolbar previously (page view/zoom options disappeared) and I had to figure out how to get them back.

Not only is the comments bar is now uglier/bulkier, when you have sorted comments to not include ones marked as completed it no longer dynamically removes the comments you mark as you go. You now have to go back and clear your comment filter and reapply "none" to hide completed comments.

To add insult to injury, there is no longer an option for other versions in ACC, so I…

7 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Comments and Annotations need marching ants

In previous versions of Acrobat, it was a LOT easier to see which comment on a page was selected. There sue to be marching ants. Now, there is just a thin blue line that doesn't march. Please bring back the marching ants so it's easier to see what is selected. Our eyes aren't getting any younger!

7 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Filter by unchecked still shows checked comments that I made.

When I set comments to only show unchecked comments, but then I reply to an unchecked comment, then check both that comment and my comment, it won't filter these newly checked comments.

I have to choose "show all comments" then filter by unchecked again for it to work. Please fix.

6 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Default Font for Adding Text to PDF's

I have wasted hours upon hours of time changing my font from minion pro to arial every time I edit/add text to a new PDF, and even when I switch pages within one PDF. It should be the most basic tool offered, the ability to set a default font for all Adobe PDFs. If this does not exist yet, IT NEEDS TO, please!!!!

6 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Export highlights and comments

Export highlights and comments - after highlighting and commenting on a .pdf file I should be able easily export those highlights and comments as a kind of highlight reel.

6 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Comment popup text very difficult to Select and Copy to clipboard

Open an existing comment bubble popup that has text in it. Select (highlight) the text. Now just move the mouse cursor slightly outside of the comment popup boundary. The text you highlighted becomes unhighlighted! I can’t even express how maddeningly frustrating this is. We have hundreds of edits a day that we need to copy the comment text out of Acrobat.

We are CONSTANTLY selecting the text, hitting COMMAND+C, switching over to a different program to paste, only to realize that either nothing gets pasted in or the text from the previous edit is still on the clipboard. I finally…

6 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  8 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Highlighting

It would be great to have multiple colors or options so you can highlight different topics and organize your note making.

6 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Can we have the old one back. This is too cumbersome.

So hard to use and wastes so much of my time looking for things.
                                    I just need the preview/navigator on the side so I can rotate or crop and a highlighter in the tools and the hand to move the page around. Every time I open a file it defaults back to nothing I can use. Please bring back version 10

6 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Make it possible to copy highlighted text

It should be possible to copy the text easily from a highlight. Right now, this is almost impossible. (One had to switch to the Edit tool). Why not create a Copy Highlight item in the context menu. Or, when one clicks on and selects a highlight, why not simply let CMD-C do the job?

6 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Emailing a PDF from Acrobat via Outlook API issue

When emailing a PDF from Acrobat via Outlook API, the default Outlook Signature is missing from the New Email Window. If possible, can this be corrected?

6 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Annotation appearance dict missing ExtGState

Acrobat Pro DC 2019.008.20071, Mac and Windows.

Open any file or create a new one. Right click on the page and select "Add sticky note." Save the file. At this point the file contains an invalid appearance dict for the sticky note. The stream uses a graphics state /GS0 which is not available in the Resources dict of the annotation.

Worse, if the page happened to already have a /GS0 graphics state, that will now be used for the annotation.

5 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?
                                          Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base