Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

730 results found

1. There used to be lines in between each comment that help you see where one comment ended and the next one started. The new comments panel design is a mess that makes it hard to distinguish which comment is checked and which is not everything just flows together in one long indistinguishable mess. And for God’s sake bring back the old method of checking off a comment.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Started  ·  5 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have wasted hours upon hours of time changing my font from minion pro to arial every time I edit/add text to a new PDF, and even when I switch pages within one PDF. It should be the most basic tool offered, the ability to set a default font for all Adobe PDFs. If this does not exist yet, IT NEEDS TO, please!!!!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I am working with Linde Engineering India (Linde AG) as Engineering consultant. Our daily routine job is to review various suppliers' documentation to meet the client requirement. Supplier submits the document which we review in .pdf using commenting tool. Previously we were using Acrobat 9 for this in Windows7. Now we are using Windows 10 for last more than 1 year and in that, we are only allowed to use Acrobat standard DC Version 2015.006.30033. In this Adobe Acrobat version, we are not able to edit the comments made by our peers / sub-ordinates before sending it back to Supplier

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,
    This is as per the current design, we will keep your feedback in mind.

Could you please let us know if you are unlocking comments one by one.
    Kindly take a note that you can unlock many/all comments in one go after selecting them in RHP.

Regards,
    Arvind

4. There is no differentiation between ben and finger touch input und windows tablet pcs. I'd like to hightlight, write etc with the pen and move the page withmy fingers without selecting the "move" tool every time.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The comments pane takes up WAY too much space. I would like the ability to customize what I see there.

Currently in the Comments pane, it display the:

-Author Name
    -Type of Comment
    -Text within the pop-up note
    -Date and Time

Sometimes all of this information is useful, but most of the time, I don't need to see all that! It is a waste of screen space. I would like the ability to show to only those options which I need. In this case, I just want to see what is in the pop-up note, nothing more.

We can customize…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It should be possible to copy the text easily from a highlight. Right now, this is almost impossible. (One had to switch to the Edit tool). Why not create a Copy Highlight item in the context menu. Or, when one clicks on and selects a highlight, why not simply let CMD-C do the job?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. the new version of acrobat is terrible! you took away tools that made it easy to provide graphic markups to documents, you reversed the entire format of where toolbars are located so i have to retrain my brain on where to look for things. the arrow box and markup editing features are clunky, slow and difficult to manipulate. if it isn't corrected i'm reverting to bluebeam for good.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The default layout of the comment tools menu has changed significantly in the new version of Adobe Acrobat DC and finding how to add functions like strikethrough and replace to the banner menu is not easy. This is frustrating for editors and typesetters who have to explain to authors how to proofread their galley proofs. Previously, I simply had to explain how to use Acrobat's comments function. Now, I'll have to explain to them how to find the menu to change the tools that appear on the banner, which is hard enough to figure out because it's just a bunch…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Export highlights and comments - after highlighting and commenting on a .pdf file I should be able easily export those highlights and comments as a kind of highlight reel.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Things change - as does the UI - that is fine. Professionals working with Adobe Pro have adapted before. However, the changes have DOUBLED the amount of time it takes to mark up a PDF and as far as I can see there is no solution for this.

• We are not longer able to highlight text, start typing and have text automatically replaced. We also have to select the tool, then implement the mark up.

• We are not able to pick a spot in the text, start typing and have text automatically inserted. We also have to select the tool,…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I'd like to request enabling the "Arrange Objects" button so that it can be used with Markup Objects (shapes & lines).

It would be nice to "send to back" or "bring to front" on any object.

Currently I have to:
    Copy an existing object
    Delete the existing object
    Paste a new copy of the object
    Re-align where that object should be

This works ok if you want it in front but not easy to move it to back.

Please enable this action button to be used with all objects.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The dynamic stamp creation process is very difficult, at best. The random names for the stamps makes it extremely difficult to find which stamp you're working on after the stamp has been named during creation. Having to navigate deep into the file system to find a randomly named file is not user friendly by any stretch of the imagination. I'm attempting to make 100 dynamic stamps for our engineering company, not just one or two stamps.

Please see if you can make the dynamic stamp process easier

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be great to have multiple colors or options so you can highlight different topics and organize your note making.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. THIS VERSION SUCKS

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Seriously, the new Acrobat design hides the checked/unchecked options from the Comment filter until you check one. Also, to check a comment you have to right-click it now where in previous versions of Acrobat it was an actual checkbox you clicked. Just put it back the way it was Adobe!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hi, Yesterday when I opened Acrobat DC, and I viewed comments, I could check off the comment as completed right there in the comment's own panel. today when I opened the same program, in order to mark a comment as completed, I have to open two levels of a flyout menu.
    How do I unbury this check box so I do not have to add twice as much clicking to my proofreading process?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Highlighter tool is buggy. Select tool and highlight does not work

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When using the 2D Measurement Tool, I need to change the units from decimals (feet) to feet/inches. (Eg. 6.50ft vs. 6'6")

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Open an existing comment bubble popup that has text in it. Select (highlight) the text. Now just move the mouse cursor slightly outside of the comment popup boundary. The text you highlighted becomes unhighlighted! I can’t even express how maddeningly frustrating this is. We have hundreds of edits a day that we need to copy the comment text out of Acrobat.

We are CONSTANTLY selecting the text, hitting COMMAND+C, switching over to a different program to paste, only to realize that either nothing gets pasted in or the text from the previous edit is still on the clipboard. I finally…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  8 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 Copyedits made in a comment format are nearly impossible to copy and paste
    2 Receive PDF with comments.Select text in comment, either in popup window or in sidebar list, and copy to clipboard. Check clipboard contents: empty.
    3 Any version of DC, Mac platform. Have deleted files, the application, all Adobe software, reinstalled. Created new user profile. Purchased a NEW COMPUTER and installed DC. The problem is OS-, file- and device-independent.
    4 Expected result: copying text would result in it being copied to the clipboard.
    5. Observed result: nothing is copied. Has been the case since the initial release…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?