Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10810 results found

1. Hello, I was wondering if you all could make a system for Excel or CSV data to be imported into interactive elements like combo boxes and list boxes. Its a real pain to manually input an array of items one at a time, and also not have the ability to edit them in their place. The current process requires deleting an element in the list, and retyping it when updating the list. Imagine if having to make a combo box that included all 50 states or capitals of every country.
    I also ask for this a feature in Indesign, but…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have been trying to send a document as an email for over an hour and it gives me an error message. Thank God this is not an emergency. Your system charges and then it does not deliver.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow the possibility of moving the Find Dialog Box out of the text window. As it is, the the box obscures part of the text I'm reading, which I find very annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Why can't I change the speed of the Read aloud just because I am dyslexic does not mean that I need to have have the material read so slowly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thank you for connecting with us. Please follow the below steps to change the speed of Read Out Loud:
    1. Go to Preferences. (Ctrl + K)
    2. Go to Reading in Left hand navigation bar
    3. Under Read Out Loud Options heading, Uncheck Use default speech attributes and enter the speed in Words per minute field between 50 to 450.
    4. Click Ok and use Read Out Loud

Similarly you can change other attributes as well. Please confirm if this resolves your issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

5. Return to Acrobat from another app without having to choose from the 2 dozen open PDFs, just go to the one I was last working with.

The PDFs often have many meaningless names from the scanner, such as SKMC30821051311590.pdf, SKMC30821051706480.pdf, etc.

Running my mouse over the images to pick one can be helpful, but most PDFs are 17x11 format or larger drawings, so a little thumbnail doesn't always help because I lose so much detail due to large format. Also, if they are not my own engineering drawings, I won't recognize them easily anyway.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. translate pdf from Spanish to English

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. MacBook Pro (2019, 16"), OS 10.15.7. Acrobat DC stopped working. When I click app to open, it crashes. Unistalled and reinstalled w/ CC, restart, still didn't work. Uninstalled from Finder (recommended on Adobe support), cannot reinstall. Restart again, still cannot install or open. CC says app is installed, update available, but unable to open. Help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hello,

I have a "problem" with the OCR technology in Acrobat Pro 2017 for Mac. When I edit a scanned file with OCR ("Searchable image", 300 dpi), the words and letters are recognised correctly, but the character spacing (when selecting the words) does not match the original font width (see screenshot). I noticed that this problem also occurs with Acrobat Pro 2020 for Mac, but not with the Windows version. On the other hand, this problem did not occur with Acrobat Pro XI for Mac.

I would be very grateful if you could solve this problem. My Mac is running…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I found issue that unable to fill Thai language in PDF when using Acrobat DC for Mac.

Typing in English is ok but not on Thai.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a color background to new text boxes ie. a white background so that text placed over other text or images effectively erases what the text box is placed over allowing new text to be seen clearly.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add spell checking capability for the entire content in a pdf -- your competition (BlueBeam) offers this functionality. Adobe is losing ground by not offering spell check only in forms and fields.

Even if you just offer spelling markup (squiggly lines under unrecognized words) that would be helpful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I search for text on the page, the "highlight" that indicates the presence of that word on the page is IMPOSSIBLE to see. We need some way of really making text STAND OUT. For, example, in the image below I've searched for the word "chair." Can YOU see it? (hint: 22.18)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can we have a 'Save' option in the window where you reduce the file size/save the file as a different name? It seems a waste of time that the designated folder path is already highlighted, then you have to click on it again to initiate the save process and it then pops up the window AGAIN to show you the pathway. Surely, if the pathway is already highlighted, you should have the option to just save the file directly to it?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. How to open password protected 7zip file Attempt this safe method to open a password protected 7zip file that name is PassFixer 7z Password Recovery Software. This tool is perfect to recover the different kind of 7z record password like:- • Numbers • Alphabetic • Symbols Its total 7z password recovery process with the utilization of its own propelled three methods and recovered password in a solitary snap. What's more, legitimate on all Windows OS up to 10 including 32 and 64-piece.

Read more about:- https://www.passfixer.com/7z-password-recovery.html

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The PDFMaker ribbon for Microsoft Word for Mac (version 16.49) is broken on Apple M1 with the current latest version of Adobe Creative Cloud Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2021.001.20155

The PDFMaker ribbon is installed, the icon visible is greyed out and is missing the export PDF button and the preferences button.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. These options can allow for a smoother reading experience. Also, a good chunk of the population has neck and shoulder issues, and autoscrolling allows one to read without constantly having one arm curled forward on the mouse or keyboard.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. hello,

if i use the comment-textbox with partially underlined text and i need the same comment-texbox at some other points the copied one is full underlined.
    if i want to correct the underlined part i need to click on the underline function twice to remove the underline

Tested with Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 and Adobe Reader DC 2021.001.20145

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. WHEN WORKING IN A PDF PACKAGE. ACROBAT WILL NOT SAVE THE VERTICAL VIEW CONFIGURATION? ACROBAT DEFAULTS TO THE WINDOW/SPLIT 'HORIZONTAL' VIEW?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I just purchased a brand new Dell with "supposedly" current version of Adobe Acrobat.

I learn today that the version installed by Dell does not include the global preference setting to set file name instead of document title.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating lack of a basic setting. Why would anyone think that the user's preferred name for a document is less relevant than where ever it came from.

I can have hundreds of documents that need to be submitted in very short periods of time and now I have to go in and change each and every one to show…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?