Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Full Screen PDF reader/more comprehensive PDF reading capabilities

I know many people who opt out of using Adobe Acrobat for other PDF reading applications (such as PDF Expert). They do this because they are either students or scholars who read PDF's daily and find the reading experience better away from Adobe. I am a faithful Adobe products user and do not want to spend on a different PDF reader, otherwise I would have months ago. Adobe ought to make a designated section for reading PDF's, and enable a full screen, double-page option where users can have a pleasing and comprehensive experience while engaging with their PDF's.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I don't want Creative Cloud!

Why when we want to download the Acrobat Pro DC the Creative Cloud comes with it!?

I don't want it. If should be a option to download it only if you want it.
    Its just more time to install and trouble to unistall that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Alt-Text to Digital Signatures (ADA / Web Accessibility Feature)

Accessibility checkers (such as CommonLook) reject PDFs with visible digital signatures, presumably because they lack an Alt-Text feature like standard images have.

We have new requirements to produce all documents for web postings as being accessible, which means we cannot use digital signatures until they become compliant with accessibility requirements.

Please add Alt-Text capabilities or another means of making digital signatures accessibility-compliant. It would be nice if default Alt-Text could be set as part of the digital signature configuration (e.g., "Signature of John Smith".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search Function D.C. Home Page: Flexibility on Scope of Search

Your recent update of Acrobat DC Pro changed the scope of the search function in the search box in the upper right hand corner.

It used to search among the title of the files in my cloud (about 10,000) on the title of the file with boolean "and" logic if I put multiple descriptors.

Now, it searches on the titles of files AND IN THE FILES which gives back too many search results to be useful for my purposes.

So you can understand exactly: over 3 years I have built my entire library of thousands of documents with no subdirectories…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Protection from editing is overridden in other PDF editors

The protection for editing does not work at all under mac Os and the popular PDF editor "PDF Expert". With preview the PDF`s cannot be edited, but with PDF-Expert it is possible without any password. A joke! Such "security" is completely useless.
    Acrobat DC latest. macOS 10.14.6

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC keeps changing the tool I'm using

Example: Say I'm working with the Prepare Form tool, and I have several form fields selected - maybe I'm aligning them, setting the sizes or fonts, whatever. Now I'm done and I want to deselect the group of fields; always before, I simply clicked anywhere on the page, the fields deselected, but the Prepare Form tool remained active. Recently, we upgraded my machine to Windows 10, and brought Adobe Acrobat up to version 2019.021.20061. Ever since then, whenever I click on the document page to deselect the group of fields, the tool seems to switch to Edit PDF mode (even…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Need to be able to change the size of a redaction area.

At present, when you mark an area for redaction by drawing a box, you cannot adjust the size of the box afterwards. This needs to be changed to make this possible. I’ve used other redaction software where this is possible. This change is vital because in very large PDF pages, it is not always possible to precisely mark an area for redaction on your first attempt, so you end up having to delete the redaction you’ve just drawn and try again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hide the home screen when no documents are open - Mac does this - why not Windows?

Hide the home screen when no documents are open - Mac does this - why not Windows?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Get Rid of the File Browser which takes up entire screen

Get Rid of the File Browser which takes up entire screen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Digital signature field is grey-I can't use it

GO back... I use digital signatures on many GOV forms, the new version is broken, return to versions that worked

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. pages don't load

A lot of the time the pages don't load approriately. The work-aroudn to make it fix is doing all sorts of zooming in and out, whereby eventually the whole page will load.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Why don't you have the recognize text as a tool on the right hand side of the page? It's a pill to have to hit "Find Tools" every time.

Why don't you have the recognize text as a tool on the right hand side of the page? It's a pill to have to hit "Find Tools" every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug: "print" pdf from Mac Finder erases edits

Steps:
    1. open a PDF normally, and edit it, such as by adding text or inserting pages
    2. without saving or closing the open PDF, go to Finder, right-click and press command-P to print the PDF
    3. the print window appears, with all of the in-progress edits
    4. click "Cancel" and the PDF is closed, without saving the changes and without a warning about unsaved changes.

When printing a PDF from Finder, Acrobat should check whether the file was already open, and not close it if it was. If it does close the file, it should check to see if…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Acrobat Reader for Mac does not expose an Accessibility Tree to VoiceOver

Acrobat for Windows reads tagged PDF (aka PDF/UA) files and exposes an accessibility tree to assistive tech such as NVDA, Narrator, JAWS etc.

Acrobat for Mac does not do this. (And neither does Preview, or Safari). This means that the 'portable' document format is not accessible to Mac screen reader users at all. You can get the text nodes, but none of the semantic tags are respected.

Why is there such a discrepancy between accessibility support on the Mac vs. Windows versions of Acrobat Reader?
    That's not what 'portable' means! Please address this as soon as possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Adobe PDF Print needs a PDF/UA option

We need to be able to save WCAG compliant, semantic HTML files (e.g. from Firefox) as PDF/UA, but Adobe PDF does not offer this option. Saving as PDF/A does not produce a tagged (UA) file.

Adobe's pdf print gadget should use the browser accessibility tree, and tag the PDF accordingly.

PDF/UA has been an ISO standard since 2012. WCAG 2.1 was finalized in 2019, and WCAG 2.x compliance is now mandatory for public sector procurements in North America, the EU and various other jurisdictions.

What on earth is going on with your accessibility roadmap, Adobe? Apart from Acrobat on Windows,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. comment font size 16

Please add font size 16 for writing comments on PDF please. We need something in between size 14 & 18

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Interact with Document Cloud and Adobe Sign from within Acrobat

It would be both intelligent and highly productive to allow Acrobat users to access their Document Cloud and Adobe Sign activity/functionality within Acrobat rather than forcing them to sign-in separately via a browser.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Changing layer default visibility state is awkward and sometimes does not save

I use Acrobat PRO DC in prepress to switch layer visibility in PDF's that are linked to Illustrator imposition file. Usually I need to change 2-5 layer visibility. The process involves awkwardly too many steps to change a default visibility state of a layer in order for it to be saved. And when trying to save changes sometimes it fails. To correct the issue I usually have to rotate the page CCW and back CW and just then the layer visibility state can be saved. Please look at this as it consumes time and needs too many steps to complete…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. BUG: Acrobat looses numbers at Export as HTML, DOC, DOCX

When exporting a PDF to an HTML, DOC or DOCX, ACROBAT DC and also ACROBAT 11 PRO, looses/converts the numbers at the beginning of the row which contains . and 000 (00).
    For example, in word, the number 15.000 becomes a numbered list starting with "15.1" and in HTML becomes the same or disappears completely. This is a very frequent problem, in 100 pdf's 85 of them have this problem on multiple pages.
    Considering that we work with ACROBAT PRO and DC with almost 10000 of pdf's monthly (from 2006) for us is a very serious problem that we have…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Can't export to PDF due to error

I can't export anything to PDF format because it says "Adobe Acrobat license has either expired or not been activated. Try launching Adobe Acrobat."
    I've checked and my license has not expired and is activated. I've relaunched, logged out and signed in on Adobe Acrobat and it still shows the same pop up.
    It is extremely frustrating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 166 167
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base