Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10727 results found

1. Please add a drop-down menu with Redaction Criteria Search History. This quickly verify previous searches as well as save redundant key strokes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I had a hard time describing this problem (or feature change), so I hope this makes sense. In previous versions of Acrobat Pro, clicking the email icon would open a new email window with the attachment -- and stay there. Now, it opens a new email window and immediately jumps back to Acrobat. How annoying! Why should I have to click back to email, when I just told Acrobat I wanted to attach to email?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please see support chat on email cloud link function, which is limited to one email without flattening. Cannot forward.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Would like for Adobe to have command-line tools (*.exe) for use in batch scripting or any languages for merging multiple documents into ONE PDF file so the task can be scheduled to run nightly... This would be an awesome tool opposing being forced to use the GUI (a manual process).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Electronic bundles created by scanning a physical bundle with double- & single-sided documents tend to have a high proportion of blank pages because the person doing the copying generally finds it easier to scan the whole bundle double sided.
    The blank pages increase the file size and make working on the bundles very annoying.
    Currently the only option is manually removing the blank pages, one at a time and although it solves the problem in the long run it is an immensely irritating chore itself.
    Adobe support on Twitter thought they had a fix using the 'Page is empty' function…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Currently only one file can be shared at a time, but it often makes sense to share multiple files. Add the ability to share multiple files with one link.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Frequently I have to combine files that I have opened in Adobe from a scanned version. When using the Combine Files tool, there's an option to "Add Open Files." This feature is super nifty by incredibly vague. Once you select which files you want to be working with, it adds them to a preview screen -- the order of which is the reverse of the order you have the files actually opened within Adobe. A few little changes would make this so much better... 1) Spruce up the file select screen after clicking Add Open Files (it wasn't obvious to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It is very unprofessional and annoying for you to plant a bright red warning message prominently on my ribbon in the upper right corner WHEN I HAVE ALREADY PAID you. When i click on it, it says the warning is because I have not given you my credit card to auto-renew so I will lose access in the future. I will decide based on my user experience if I want to renew. This is harassment and a distraction to me when using the Acrobat Pro DC software.

I just tried for 20 min to find a way on your site…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When performing Acrobat remediation on Indesign publications containing correct export tagging, the Acrobat Reading Order tool shows "P" tags at the end of each line of text (as well as additional "P" tags in the middle of lines). The Acrobat Tags panel shows no paragraph tags -- just broken up lines of text.

Fortunately, these broken up lines are not reproduced as such by the screen reader. So why does Acrobat identify each line of text with a "P" in the first place?

This issue needs to be fixed as it creates a dilemma and lot of unnecessary remediation work…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I checked it on my side and this is because Indesign create tags in such a way that it contains multiple line text. The Reading Order tool shows the separate container due to multi line text. It can be seen as single if you check “Display like elements in single block” checkbox.

For the multiline text, the issue will be fixed from Indesign side.

Please tell me if I can help you with anything else.

Thanks
    Rachit

10. I am using Adobe Sign to sign numerous documents. I need the signature field to show the date of signature as well. If the signers chooses to sign by typing or drwaing, I get the date below the blue line, but I dont get this if the signer uploads the singature as an Image.

I basically need the opposite of what is described here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/kb/why-date-and-signer-name-disappear-below-the-signature-line-on-a-signed-document-adobe-sign.html

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Actualmente al convertir un powerpoint a pdf, este pasa con los links que se han incluido en el archivo original. De igual manera debería pasar funciones como notas emergentes que al pasar el cursor sobre el objeto que la tenga, la muestre. Lo anterior para la variedad de aplicaciones que pueden convertirse a pdf como Visio, powerpoint, excel, etc. Gracias por la atención.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When deploying auto-updates for Acrobat Pro via the Creative Cloud App, please consider writing the deployment in such a way that any custom user print settings - that are not relevant to the update, are retained, and NOT reset to their default settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When scanning a double-sided document in a non-duplex scanner, you end up with two separate PDFs - one for the odd-numbered pages and one for the even-numbered pages. Combining them in Acrobat Pro creates a single document with the pages in the order "1-3-5-7-....2-4-6-8-...", meaning that we have to manually move all of the pages into the correct order, which is not feasible for hundred-page long documents. We need a 'combine' function that automatically interleaves the pages so that they end up in the order "1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-..".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Need the ability to redline, add formatted text (just like track changes in MS Word) and easily and efficiently strikethrough. In the update as of April 2021 it is a lot of different clicks to configure a redline, strikethrough, adding text and comments. Right now you have to create a redline from scratch and confirgure text when it should be automatic or done with one click.

From a legal doc standpoint this would make docs easier and more efficient to collaborate on and easier to share instead of converting PDFs to Word docs, tracking changes and converting back to a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Would like an option to keep the comment bar either closed or opened by default when you open any Adobe document.
    Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Every time I open up adobe it instantly crashes. It will freeze for a couple seconds then close completely. I've checked for updates, used the 'repair installation' option and even checked if the issue would be resolved by checking the adobe distiller dc (like the trouble shooting page said to). I included the version I have on my work computer. This needs to be corrected quickly, I use Adobe every day to help our patients out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please create the ability to easily tag files (with multiple tag options) for personal filing, as Microsoft Office allows

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Problem: When creating a fillable form, you either have to go in order of fields you create or in order of field creation number. When I receive forms that have already been given a great deal of time, the tabbing functionality is not ideal due to the function obeying the rule of field creation/ purposeful placing in the fields scrollbar. This becomes a chore when dealing with hundreds of fields. Ideally at this moment you want to scrap the whole creation and begin in a more formal and tedious recreation.

Solution: Multiple click/drag selectable field grouping. Where you can form…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. TLDR: expected result is that fonts will look the same in exported JPEG as they do in the PDF (when displayed 1:1). They currently don't.

When exporting to JPEG from PDF, even at max quality setting, embedded fonts have no smoothing/anti-aliasing applied when rasterized and look very choppy. Especially if exporting for web at 72ppi. Only way to mitigate (without fully resolving) this is to export at some absurdly high resolution (600+). We need not only resolution settings but dimension settings for JPEG export settings, and the embedded fonts need to be rasterized at that size and resolution / have…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If you try signing into an English installation of the software with a Chinese license it fails stating that the application must be in Chinese-Simplified. The only option at this point and subsequent launches after the fact is to close Acrobat. If the license validation fails then it should prompt to sign in with a different named license or at least give an option to do so.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?