Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Save in Recent Selected Folders

In past versions of Adobe, if I was saving multiple documents, the program would remember the last folder I saved the document to, so it would automatically go to that folder when saving another document. At the moment, it will only open temporary files and I will have to waste time clicking around to find the correct folder that I want to save the document to. There needs to be an update to allow the flexibility to save documents to the last folder selected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback. The last folders where you have saved your previous files should get listed under the My computer section of the Save As dialog.

Can you please share the snapshot of your Save As dialog?

Regards,
    Sandeep

2. Bug: "No error" message when viewing XFA forms

In version 2021.001.20138 it's impossible to open XFA-based forms (sample attached).

1. Open any XFA form.

2. All you get is an modal message "No error". When you click [OK] then you'll see the "Please wait …" shell PDF of the XFA form, which is generally only shown by PDF viewer that don't support XFA.

3. Tested on Windows 10

4. Display contens of dynamic XFA form

5. Nonsense error message "No error." and display of shell PDF.

The problem is the same in Acrobat Reader DC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable width reduction of "output preview" window

The output preview ("op") window has a standard width that can not be underrun. As the window is very big, it would help if you could narrow the window more than it is possible at the moment. Therefore you would have more space on the monitor for your document itself. In my case with my older monitor, the window uses nearly one-third of the space of the whole screen and annoys me very often.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can we open a PDF file like a code file, the way we used to open our code file in gvim

Can we open a PDF file like a code file, the way we used to open our code file in gvim ie same file can be open in two/three tabs. (like seeing function decl. & it's call?) This would be very useful to read in a large PDF file, such as reading a sub chapter on page number 50 and referencing page number 225 for further explanation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. letters disappear

This is insane, letters disappear constantly, any idea how I can fix it? I use Adobe DC and win10

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Constant requirement to sign in to our account to use software. Getting impatient...

This needs to be fixed. We are wasting a lot of time constantly be required to sign in to our account, often times on a weekly basis.
    We have an annual subscription and this should not be happening.
    Frankly I'm getting **** tired of it.
    FIX THIS!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Scale Ratio Rounds to 2 Decimal Places

The scale ratio requires you to input decimals rather than fractions when measuring architectural scales, i.e. 0.125" = 1'-0" for 1/8" = 1'-0". However, after inputting the decimals, Acrobat rounds to the nearest 2 decimal places. So 0.125" becomes 0.13". Doing so makes all measurements off by .005". This is unacceptable in the architectural world. This functionality should NEVER round the decimals, and should house at least 3 decimal places to ensure accuracy.

This occurs on Mac and Windows, in every version of Acrobat and Acrobat Pro currently downloadable. It was tested by my team and internally at Adobe.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Acrobat Pro 2020 is Uggggg-ly! And User Interface Worse

This new version looks so childish! Not professional in appearance at all.

AND... too many steps to digitally sign a document! It used to be so easy! Can't you revert back to what worked smoothly???????

I truly detest working in Acrobat now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Comment with jpg sticky note with caption

Comment with jpg sticky note with caption & Auto save without cloud
    First of all I want to thank all of you guys you are doing a great job.

second, I know that we can attach a jpg file ,but you will have to leave the reader and open it and when you send it to others it won't open and I know that we can edit pdf to add images ,but sometimes there is no enough space in the page and its so hard to readjust the pdf so it looks normal again, so if we could to comment…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. copy text from PDF including changes (e.g. made with "strikethrough" or "insert" tools)

In the commenting mode for Acrobat DC Pro, there are "strikethrough", "replace", and "insert text" tools, among others.

When I select and copy some text (for example, to count the words or rephrase it in another window), it copies the original text and disregards anything crossed out or inserted. This means I have to re-do all the changes by hand.

It would be great if one could copy the text in a way that incorporates the changes, similar to how you can opt to copy text with or without formatting, in some programs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Adobe CC Photography Plan interferes with existing Acrobat installation

I have a fully licensed and paid-for Acrobat DC 2015 program. The Adobe CC Photography plan has installed an 'update' that prevents me from using the program unless I pay $20 a month for a subscription to the new program. I have already paid for what I have and it satisfies my requirement once every few months to re-order pages in an Acrobat document. How can I get my paid-foir program back?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Acrobat saves prior version of file exported from Indesign and ignores subsequent version

This is a horrendous bug that I can recreate umpteen times. If a file is exported from Indesign to Acrobat, and then the Indesign file is edited and re-exported to Acrobat, if you try to save the revised version in Acrobat, Acrobat saves the original version (which I presume it holds in memory) and ignores the revised version. The only fix I have found is to close Indesign and Acrobat and start again - this seems to clear the prior version from Acrobat. This is really dangerous for users and immensely inconvenient. Adobe please fix asap.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bring Back Real Deskew

I work a lot with 2-bit (black/white) files of music scores. Since there is not a lot of text, the OCR-based deskew doesn't always work. In the current version of Acrobat DC there is NO incremental rotate, and if you use the "Edit Using" function to get to Photoshop, the Arbitrary rotation functionality is unavailable. This means there is CURRENTLY NO WAY TO DESKEW MUSIC using any combination of Adobe products. This is a bug that needs to be fixed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Wanted: Acrobat DC updates WITHOUT system reboot

ISSUE

• Acrobat DC on Win10 system does updates in the background without asking

• requires system reboot afterwards / otherwise no access to PDF files anymore

• the updates interrupt the whole working process and costs valuable time saving and closing all projects and rebooting the system in order to get Acrobat running again

REQUEST TO ADOBE SUPPORT
    Will this be fixed in an upcoming upgrade / e.g. the announced 64-bit roll-out of Acrobat?

Thanks
    Regards

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Reader 2021.001.20138 suddenly running form javascripts incredibly slowly and freezing

A complex form that ran fine under older versions of reader, is now intermittently running some of the onboard javascripts incredibly slowly and appearing to the user as freezing (Not Responding).
    This does not always occur, and occurs during different operations (using different document level scripts).
    I am using Windows 10 Pro 19041.804 (most recent) and have experienced it on Reader 2021.001.20138 32bit and 64bit versions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Acrobat Reader DC Freezes up

Acrobat Reader DC freezes up. this started about 2 weeks ago. Ehen opening a PDF some time i can scroll for a short while then it freezes or some times it freezes as soon as it is launched. I've been through all of the suggested steps nothing so far helps. what next? I don't get an error code. Operating system is Windows 8.1. It worked fine on windows 8.1 earlier so I assume an update was pushed that was not compatible with my machine.

Help

Thad

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Scrolling preferences window (Windows)

Currently the preferences window is very hard to use and frankly, broken:

You can't scroll with a touchpad.

You can't scroll with a touchscreen.

You can't scroll with a mousewheel.

Scrolling over a combo box changes the setting >:(

Content doesn't scroll when you drag the scrollbar!

The preferences window cannot resize small enough for smaller screens.

Overall: infurating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When working with a document in Adobe Sign, the "Send" button is hidden behind a "Contact Us" bubble

Don't hide the send button behind the Contact us bubble! Just lost an hour (and so did your customer service person) trying to figure out why I could not send a document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. embedded

When converting documents that contain embedded documents to PDF, the final product should keep those embedded documents intact instead of converting them to images - forcing you to go back one by one and reembed the document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Automatically crop PDF-pages to the edges of the document

Make Adobe Acrobat PRO DC be able to automatically crop PDF pages to the edges of the document. For example, send in an agreement photographed on a table with unnecessary artifacts (table, hands, etc.). You need to be able to turn a PDF file into an A4 document at the touch of a button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base