Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Could Adoble please create a Senior/Disabled pricing option

Hi there, the companies I've worked at and later in my career, I personally have always used Adobe products. Always paid for all the software I used over the years and updated regularly. Now I find myself the victim of an unfortunate accident that has left me with what seems to be permanent brain injury. In spite of several years of therapy so far, I am no longer able to work as a creative director/designer..

I still have hopes that I might one day recover enough to return to work, but as of the last 5 years I have been…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Distiller Font Errors, invalidfont, OffendingCommand: xshow

For years (as long as Acrobat DC), across multiple machines, versions of windows 10 and versions of CC I keep gettting font errors when printing from various sources (specifically, browsers and MSWord)

This happens whenever I print to Adobe PDF (every time)

Windows 10 build 19041.508 (ver 2004)
    Adobe CC 2020, Acrobat 2020.006.20042

This is the current error log generated:
    %%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%%
    Spectral-Regular not found, using Courier.
    %%[ Error: invalidfont; OffendingCommand: xshow ]%%

Stack:
    [65 96 109 97 52 59 80 42 121 81 144 94 94 0]
    (

)

%%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Link expiration date

Provide an option to set an expiration date on a linked file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adding Video Controls

We definitely need video controls, to enable stop, pause in an interactive document. Please!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Acrobat DC continually crashing Windows 10

Acrobat DC has started to continually crash after opening a document.I have tried all steps suggested in "Resolve Acrobat DC intermittent crashes on Windows. Nothing fixes it ! ! !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Default Bookmark View

There used be a setting where you would create a bookmark and it would capture whatever the view ...... not zoom......view of the page. For example, lets say I am bookmarking a picture on a page and its sort of to the lower middle of the page and small. I used to use the dynamic zoom to this object and bookmark it. The bookmark would not only keep the custom zoom, but the location on the page as well. After the most recent update, this option is no longer default. You have to go bookmark by bookmark and adjust them…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Adobe ribbon not showing in Office 2016 and O365

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-acrobat-pdfmaker-problems-office.html#AcrobatRibbonisnotavailabeinOffice2016orOffice365applicationsonWindows

Instructions from this have been followed, along with instructions from Microsoft to verify the add-in is correctly set in the registry. In both occasions, with Adobe Acrobat Pro version 20.012.20041, the Adobe/Acrobat ribbon is not showing in Excel/Word 2016 or in Word/Excel O365.

Support agent requested submitting a bug report.

I've installed the application via mst, without Creative Cloud for enterprise purposes (mst attached), and even on a fresh build of Windows 10, the ribbon doesn't show up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Signature

In the request for signature option i have added both comments and signature column. But in the comments column only partial texts are visible. See in the attached file the comments made by DR are partially visible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Combining converted excel file to existing pdf

I often convert excel files and combine with an existing pdf. I am switching to acrobat pro from omnipage. With omnipage, I would convert my selected worksheets (in a process very similar to acrobat pro), but when i would choose a file name, I would choose the existing file I wanted to combine with and it would give me the option to replace that file or combine to it in the order i wanted (beginning, end, middle). Adobe pro just gives me the option to replace.

It is my understanding the my only options with acrobat pro are to open…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. transparent colour

One of the most common things we do as art directors, design directors and creative directors is to comment on PDF's.

In doing that we have to make boxes or circles to show where we want to make changes.

Almost every PDF editor under the sun has Red Stroke, NO Fill as default for this reason.

In Acrobat I have to click 3 times before I can get to set any object as no fill.

I'm really happy to be able to change fill colour of my rectangle or circle, but at least have one of the colours in the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Editing pdfs on web

Being able to edit pdf on the adobe website would be great because I was dyslexic and can then change the font on my pdfs or have them read out loud for me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Let us completely remove Feedback/ Share/ Tutorial/ Notification button.

No one uses them. it is practically annoying when using half screen when they are there, while my useful tools are gone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Electronic signatures are not simple at Adobe

Simplify your electronic signature solution to work like Docu-Sign. I'm forced to download a 300MB file and provided with trial periods and other product features. I just want to sign a document that's been sent to me and not spend the next 10 mins trying to figure out how to navigate your site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Why create a special tool to 'organize pages' when the functions could easily be added to the left page thumbnail views

The page operations in general have been a mess for years. Why create a special tool to 'organize pages' when the functions could easily be added to the left page thumbnail views in a more intuitive way.

I have seen over two dozen people try to modify pages unsuccessfully the exact same ways using the page thumbnails section. This means there are at least a few and likely more intuitive designs that can be implemented. A bit of user research can help improve the UI dramatically. Apparently, little to none was done.

Establishing editing functions around standard UI interactions and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Text Frame

Adjustable frame like the rectangle shape so that you can adjust the thickness and color but be able to add text inside that frame.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. New cloud share icons are taking up prime real estate

I want to remove the new share icons that were added with the DC cloud app. They are taking up prime menu bar real estate and I need that space for my quick access tools. I also wish Adobe would program size options for the menu bar icons so I can choose smaller icons in order to have more of them fit in the greatly reduced menu bar that you've given us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. You need to be able to increase number of signatures in a Creative Cloud plan

There has to be a way to upgrad/increase the number of signatures you can have in Adobe sign, when you have Acrobat /Sign through Creative Cloud(US$600)
    That you have to buy Acrobat again with the "small business-plan"(US$420) on top of the creative cloud plan not reasonable.

Please make it possible to upgrade the numbers of signatures within the creative cloud plan.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. you need to provide a pending file which tracks requests for signature

Application value.
    For those of us with multiple documents to send for signature, you need a followup system that lists what went out to whom.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base