Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10803 results found

1. I want to search for a particular word throughout the document excluding the header and footer. This feature is helpful when you are trying to get rid of some words in your document and only first instance of the header/footer shows up and is ignored going forward.
    For example, I want to replace XYZ in the topic "Installing XYZ". I would like only the first instance of the header/footer to show up in that topic. The next search should not highlight the header/footer instances. This saves a lot of time while searching and replacing!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please give an option to disable or set as default 'me' for your new tool which you have forced everyone to use 'fill and sign'. You obviously have not considered your users who have to open hundreds of forms and having to select this unnecessary option every single time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When Autotag is run in Acrobat Pro, it puts hyperlinks on all numbers, such as numerical data in tables, page numbers, and random numbers within the body text.

See the post in the open forums at https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2628248

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Your concern has been shared with higher management. We do not have any plans to fix this now but we have kept it in our bucket and will address this in a future release.

Thanks
    Rachit

4. new update broke outlook when using the share via email option. after doing that, outlook hangs until exiting completely out of Acrobat DC.
    Win 10
    Outlook 365
    Acrobat DC

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. see https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2574582

The most recent version of Acrobat Pro DC continues to open on its own, at random times, without being launched or installed in Login Items.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Acrobat (version 2019.012.20034) crashes constantely when playing interactive PDFs with movies created in Indesign. Computers still on High Sierra with Acrobat 2019.010.20098 do not have this issue.
    On Mojave, as soon as you want to play an embedded movie, Acrobat crashes with this:
    This PDF cannot be viewed in Acrobat or Reader, and the application will
    now exit
    Please help, we have updated most of our computers in the uni and students can't view interactive PDFs anymore.
    Stefan

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hello, I've created Indesign interactive PDFs for many years (mainly lecture course material), until Acrobat Pro DC version 2019.010.20098 all went well. After the update to 2019.012.20034 all files (from the last three years) with movies in them crash with the error:
    This PDF cannot be viewed in Acrobat or Reader, and the application will
    now exit
    This is horrible news for our university, can you please help? Obviously we made sure that Flash etc is up to date. Also we tried different security and multemedia legacy options.
    As a "work-around" we are currently re-exporting all Indesign content to fixed…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. You select "Send for Signature," add the email address, message contents, and files, then click next. Once you have passed this area, you are unable to add any more files. My company is creating leases and sometimes we will miss an addendum. Imagine completing 20-50 pages of a lease only to find you must restart the whole thing because you forgot to add a pet addendum. Believe it or not, it can be soul crushing.

The one saving grace was being able to delete these failed documents. Recently this feature has been changed to a "Hide" function. Instead of replacing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be nice if there was a hotkey or shortcut for signatures and/or initials. I love the functionality but there is a delay when I click on the signature drop down inside adobe pro. There is also a delay between the signature selection and dragging it into the right position. If there was a hotkey/shortcut, I could bind it to one of my mouse buttons and just press it when I have to initial or sign.

I do sign a lot of pdf documents and it would make it more pleasing if this was implemented.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  12 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I cannot save a scanned document. When I click on "save as" a blank box opens up. Nothing else happens. This just started today. I was happily scanning and saving yesterday with no problem.

Anyone know what's wrong ? AND the FIX?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I am trying to make some minor edits to PDF's, which I do regularly. The last couple of days, after working in Adobe for a while, I have run into a problem where, after each key stroke, the active window I am working in, deselects itself and I can't type anymore until I re-select it. Literally after every single keystroke.

I am on an HP Pro3500 Series CPU, Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit, 4 GB RAM, connected to a work server.

Any ideas?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. subscribed to Adobe PDF pack. I still cannot print. What do i do pls? Tells me "your request could not be completed. Adobe Aceobat license has either expired or not been activated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The "Save As" option is not working, doesn't show the options and saving files is impossible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In the Tags pane, add a context menu item under New Tag titled Add Multiple tags. The dialog box would allow the user to select the type of tag to add and another input for the number of tags to add.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When merging PDf form to CSV file. Chinese text will fail to export.
    will show ... instead of correct Chinese characters. it's been a while. Please help fix this bug, thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When I place a comment, a trash can icon or sticky note icon appears, but those icons only get in the way of the content I'm trying to comment on. It would be great to be able to disable that feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When using the add comment text tool the text appears normal when initially typed but fades when clicked away from. The support agents I spoke with said there should be an opacity slider for that tool however there is only the option to change color.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. swedish adobe reader dc often stops with text 'Det uppstod ett problem med Adobe Acrobat/Reader Avsluta programmet och försök på nytt om det körs (0:521)'
    this is in a webapplication thet gets invoice pdfs from a webserver and present them inbedded in Internet explorer. next time on the same pdf works fine. it occurs when changing from one pdf to next.

Windows 10, IE 11

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I understand that some new features come from users that want these features however making them mandatory for everyone is not great.

It would be great if Adobe got smart about the Updates and had a pop up that could be accessed any time after an update which allowed a user to switch new features either on or off. That way we the user can control how the software works and if done correctly Adobe could build it so they get reports back and even feed back on why something is switched off or on to enhance the software in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This was a feature in XI Pro. It went away with DC. I want to be able to use control-A to select comments. That keyboard shortcut has been disabled.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?