Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pop up menu in program - text is appearing as boxes with X throughout. Illegible

I haven't been able to access Acrobat Pro because of this issue. I updated the software on a trial version, and it's working fine except for when I get more pop up boxes to upgrade my subscription, with the same issue. It looks like maybe there's fonts missing? I've had no luck finding a solution.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Send Adobe form so recipient can reply to the client's email address.

Send Adobe form so recipient can reply to the client's email address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AUTOMATIC RECURRING REMINDER HAS BEEN REOMOVED WHY

WITH THIS NEW UPDATE (WHICH SUCKS BY THE WAY) I HAVE TO SEND REMINDERS EVERYDAY BEFORE HAND I COULD SET IT TO SEND AN AUTOMATIC REMINDER EVERYDAY UNTIL THE DOCUMENT IS SIGNED

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I can delete digital signature from a protected document.

Good day!

I have signed some test pdf document with a digital signature.

As you can see on a picture the document is totally protected from any modification.

Now I go to a signature panel and rightclick my signature.

There is a Clear Signature option, which do what it says - deletes my signature and make document editable again.

I understand the concept of signature. It is not a method to protect your data, it only can guarantee that content was not altered.

But never the less:

1. Adobe states in its documentation that you need a private key to unsign…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. convert dWg to PDF

I would like Acrobat to be able to convert DWG files to PDF.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I can copy highlighted text with "Content Copying: Not Allowed"!

I can copy text when it should not be possible. I just have to highlight the text. This is a big security issue and you should solve this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Need to Export files to Mac PAGES, not MS Word. Why isn't this already available?

As a Mac user since the early 80's I use the Mac Suite of PAGES, NUMBERS, etc. No MS WORD or any other MS product will ever be on my machine! If this is supposed to be a Mac compatible application it should be able to export my edited pdf documents into PAGES.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. unwanted images

I am adding a page to a multi page document. As a single page, the PDF looks clean. Opened in Illustrator, also clean, not remnants. When placed in the multi-page document, it shows additional, unwanted images. I've attached the original and a scan of the document with the errors.
    I have even created a JPG out of the file and placed it, same errors arise. Is there some setting that I am missing? It is a 43 page document and there are no other issues. I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on a Dell Latitude E6440 running Windows 7.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug

trying to reduce file size; keep getting error & no reduction. Error: "The PDF document contained image masks that were not downsampled" never had that come up before and am reducing the same set of forms as have been for the last 10 years..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Document Cloud cannot download more than 45 docs at a time. And then it loses my work on top of that.

I cannot download a large folder of pdfs (anything more than 45 or 50 is too much) made with Adobe Scan as a zip file. Forget about anything involving sub-folders. I'm digitizing a backlog of expense receipts. And then Document Cloud makes half my work disappear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 6800.338.14.2.20020

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Stop text blasting about your product "user Guide". Just the facts, sir, just the facts.

Stop text blasting about your product. just the minimal facts about what does what, and, who the heck thought of the term "preflight" to embed fonts?<>!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Move pointer doesn't always show with small text boxes

When I need to move a text box, I have to move the cursor over the box many times (or enlarge the text box) because the move pointer doesn't show up. It's extremely frustrating and a waste of time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Adobe Acrobat Pro on windows7 not responding

Adobe Acrobat Pro on windows7 not responding , it only can open the PDF file around 5 sec than it will show not responding
    the Adobe Acrobat is installed form Adobe CC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Notes ("add note to text") not updated to Retina resolution on macOs

Just wanted to let you all know that it appears that the notes ("add note to text") part of Acrobat Pro DC and Acrobat Reader has not been updated to match the Retina displays of Macbooks as the other parts of the program have. When you click the note it shows up correct resolution... when you mouse over it... it comes up old pixelated low resolution.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. cannot send documents for signature

• cannot send documents for signature.

2.- I open the file, select the option send for signature, fill the information, click next

3.- I run Windows 7 Enterprise Version 6.1

4.- I expect to continue the process after clicking Next

5.- a window appears and there they ask me to upgrade but I already have the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When drawing an arrow with arrow tool, tip of arrow is NOT pointed; the blunt end of longer line that forms arrow appears over tip

When drawing an arrow with the arrow tool in the Comment Tool section, the tip of the arrow should be pointed. Instead, it looks like this (see image below). I am a proofreader by profession. I cannot use the tool because visually, it's too distracting. I would use this tool often, however, if the arrow had the pointed tip that it SHOULD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Archived comments' quality

After completed adding comments from all the people, I downloaded the comments as fdf file and imported to the original file ("save as an Archived file" is not available today), and found the comments quality is changed. it is no problem during online shared review, but after download the place of comments are changed. especially Strikethrough is terrible. It needs manually checking.

Also the strikethrough color is really different from online and desktop. it is really clear online, but the same strikethrough is almost invisible on desktop.

Please fix this bug soon please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The old version allowed the user to copy the the X,Y coordinates to clipboard when right clicking the mouse while using the Geospatial Tool.

This is not so much an idea as it is a complaint that I'm not able to do what I use to with the old version.
    I would like to be able to copy X,Y coordinates from a geospatial enabled PDF to clipboard with a mouse right click. When I right click, it doesn't give me this option. Please add it back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base