Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10751 results found

1. Need the ability to redline, add formatted text (just like track changes in MS Word) and easily and efficiently strikethrough. In the update as of April 2021 it is a lot of different clicks to configure a redline, strikethrough, adding text and comments. Right now you have to create a redline from scratch and confirgure text when it should be automatic or done with one click.

From a legal doc standpoint this would make docs easier and more efficient to collaborate on and easier to share instead of converting PDFs to Word docs, tracking changes and converting back to a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As of this morning, when I close my open PDFs (using the X that appears when I mouseover the Windows taskbar), closing the final PDF does not close Acrobat itself. Instead it takes me to the Acrobat home screen.

I don't want this. I want to close Acrobat when I close my final open PDF. I don't see why anyone would want this behaviour, but even if some do, please make it an option (as it has been in the past) to close Acrobat completely when I'm done with my final PDF.

This is an unhelpful and anti-productive change.

EDIT…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. SEARCH: Pale blue/grey highlight is very difficult to find in documents with similar colours. Please add shade colour selection.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The menu bar and all drop downs automatically highlight when I run my mouse over them - I can find no place to stop this or change any setting.
    I can't read the text!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When you search a document, the found instances are highlighted in a grey blue colour that is very hard to notice. This defeats the purpose of a search function. Either the colour should be changed to something brighter or the user should be able to change the colour in settings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hi developers, how to change video file if i already inserted a rich media to the document? Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In order to sync a file/folder from your computer to the cloud, you have to move that file/folder into the "Creative Cloud Files" folder. That is, you have to move them from their original place on your computer.

I propose to have a way to sync files directly from their original location in the computer. For some reference, this is what Google Drive does for example; as an addition to moving files into the folder, Google Drive gives you the option to sync files without moving them. They get uploaded into Google Drive and then you can sync them if…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have Acrobat Pro DC fully licensed which I have used for many years, but I now cannot use it as it crashes (just closes) as soon as I launch it every time. I have run the Acrobat repair, but this has not fixed it. Is this due to a Win 10 update? I am using Win 10 Pro (version 2004) build 19041.928, not running any other apps when acrobat crashes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. For example, if we type in text in the pdf using the "Add Text" tool which uses a text box in which you can type.
    Now lets say this text box is quite big and you have typed a lot of stuff into it at different times.
    Suppose you want the formatting of the last paragraph to match the formatting of the first paragraph out of a total of 8 paragraphs (all paragraphs are in the same box).
    Now instead of matching the two paragraphs in formatting by manually selecting Text font, Text size, Bold, Italics, Text colour, Line spacing…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 添付のPDFファイルにAcrobatで新しいテキストボックス注釈を追加し、追加したテキスト部分に、そのPDFファイルに応じた特定のフォントを設定すると全角文字の部分が文字化けします。

AcrobatでこのPDFファイルに含まれている既存の注釈を全て削除して上書き保存し、Acrobatを再起動後に再びそのPDFファイルを開いてテキストボックス注釈を新規に追加しても、そのPDFファイルに応じた特定のフォントを設定すると全角文字の部分が文字化けします。

・Acrobat Pro DC バージョン 2021.005.20048
    ・Windows 10 Home 21H1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There must be an autosave functionality otherwise we always have to restore back things in an emergency

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Is there a way to disable the bookmarks pane from opening by default on Mac? I've seen people edit the registry on Windows computers to achieve this but haven't been able to find a similar solution for Mac.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It's very annoying to have the page with Home and Tools, and recent documents, open every time a PDF is opened. Please give us an option to stop that from happening.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When trying to sign a document with a Digital ID more specifically a PKI certificate, I can create the block for the signature and Acrobat can see my Digital ID signature, however when I go to sign, the "sign" button is non functional.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I'm getting no sensible suggestions on how to flatten a file for printing. This is one of the simplest and most basic of needs for the printing industry and I'm just staggered at the lack of clarity everywhere I look and whenever I ask. I work in Word to create artwork then convert this to a PDF but the existing pathway to flattening the file does not work and creates a chaotic image with bits missing and colours changed. How do I flatten a PDF???

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Acrobat DC std/pro do not have an option to save multiple open files at once. If i have 10 pdfs open in 10 different tabs there is no way to save all of those files at once to a single location. You have to save one by one.

Similarly you cannot open multiple recent items. Yes you can select multiple recent items using the checkbox but the only available option thereafter is to combine or remove from list. No option to OPEN.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The bug is for Adobe Distiller crash with a range setting.

Environment:acrodist X,2017 or Pro DC 2021, over win10-64bit

Recreation steps:
    1/ I printer a file to PS using Acrobat (I used 2017) and recived the attached 7ET-4593311000p.PS [renamed with extension .pdf since only .pdf can be upload]
    2/ Opened Distiller (I checked on Acrodist X,2017 and Pro DC 2021) and change Settings-“Edit Adobe PDF Settings”-Pages Form 2-3 (you can use attached range2-3.joboptions [
    renamed with extension .pdf])
    3/ Drag the 7ET-4593311000p.PS to the distiller and see the distiller Crash.
    Thanks,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?