Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10712 results found

1. I have created a pdf fillable form and the date picker and the signature box only work when I open with Acrobat. Do these not work in Chrome or Edge? I don't want people to have to use special software to fill in the form.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In past versions of Adobe, if I was saving multiple documents, the program would remember the last folder I saved the document to, so it would automatically go to that folder when saving another document. At the moment, it will only open temporary files and I will have to waste time clicking around to find the correct folder that I want to save the document to. There needs to be an update to allow the flexibility to save documents to the last folder selected.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback. The last folders where you have saved your previous files should get listed under the My computer section of the Save As dialog.

Can you please share the snapshot of your Save As dialog?

Regards,
    Sandeep

3. Can we open a PDF file like a code file, the way we used to open our code file in gvim ie same file can be open in two/three tabs. (like seeing function decl. & it's call?) This would be very useful to read in a large PDF file, such as reading a sub chapter on page number 50 and referencing page number 225 for further explanation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I'm running Action Wizard to fixup several PDFs. When an error message pops up, I click OK to dismiss it. Then I click Start to resume the Action Wizard. The Wizard skips over the next document in the list and adds a check mark as though it processed. When the summary report displays, that document is missing as though it wasn't ever in the "Files to be processed:"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Most PDF documents I open are for viewing (prefer to open in DC Reader that is got my preferred tool bar arrangements) and seldom for editing (which can be 'open with' DC Pro). Since I have both DC Reader and DC Pro installed, it does not allow me to 'open with' DC Reader anymore, even though I get option on the right-click to open menu.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This new version looks so childish! Not professional in appearance at all.

AND... too many steps to digitally sign a document! It used to be so easy! Can't you revert back to what worked smoothly???????

I truly detest working in Acrobat now.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When trying to import or export a preflight library or a profile inside a library, the "file open" dialog does not open and instead throws a warning messagebox "Error in OS call SHGetFolderPath: -2147024829". See attached screenshot. This error of course hints to something in the underlying OS, but should be handled differently by Acrobat. For example, by instead opening a "file open" dialog in some default or safe directory instead.

I tried removing the registry key HKCU\Software\Adobe and its subkeys while Acrobat was closed. Then trying again, but it did not make any difference.

Probably not fully reproducable on…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Renaming Date Type field changes it to Text Type

Issue: Renaming any Date type field when using "prepare form" in Adobe Pro, causes the field to be changed to a Text Type field. This causes issues with errors when uploading/downloading the form.

1. Replication Steps:
      Open the Sample Document attached in Adobe Pro
      Click Tools > Forms & Signatures > Prepare Form
      This should load the open form into the prepare form tools
      Right click on the "Date" Field
      Click 'Rename Field'
      Change the name to: Date (no "afdate" suffix)
      Hit Enter
      See in the right menu, the field…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make the PDF email possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bug related to viewing interactive PDFs.

1. Make a PDF with a button in InDesign. Give it a different appearance when hovered by the mouse.
    2. Make multiple buttons like this next to each other (touching side-by-side) to make the problem much easier to recreate.
    3. Export as interactive PDF.

When viewing in Acrobat DC, move the cursor accross the buttons. They show the "hover" appearance while the cursor is over a button, but if the cursor moves from one button to the next the appearance on the previous button often tends to "stick", so you end up with multiple buttons showing the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Mac OS X 10.13.6
    Acrobat Pro DC – Version 2021.001.20138

Inserting a text watermark using the Helvetica Neue font enters a series of boxes instead of the text. All weights and slopes affected except, bizarrely, the ‘Thin’ weight.

Inserting text using the Helvetica Font produces the error message “The font ‘Helvetica,Xxxx’ contains an invalid encoding. Some characters may not display correctly”. This error message appears on saving the PDF and every time it is opened in Acrobat Reader DC.

Both fonts are system fonts and work satisfactorily in all applications (e.g. InDesign, Word) including Acrobat Pro DC, but not as…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hi,

Arobat Pro DC closes file OK, but sometimes appears to keep the file locked against changes in Windows (Win10, 64bit, fully updated May2020) etc

Win 10 \ Windows Explorer is prevented from modifying the parent folder name (for example).

Does not always happen. Closing Acrobat Pro DC appears to release the file (in that it allows changes to the filepath etc using Windows Explorer etc).

This is similar to issue reported usign Acrobat READER.

The Windows Preview tab is NOT showing
    (that Win10 bug (?) is a known issue, but relevant here).

Regards
    L

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In the commenting mode for Acrobat DC Pro, there are "strikethrough", "replace", and "insert text" tools, among others.

When I select and copy some text (for example, to count the words or rephrase it in another window), it copies the original text and disregards anything crossed out or inserted. This means I have to re-do all the changes by hand.

It would be great if one could copy the text in a way that incorporates the changes, similar to how you can opt to copy text with or without formatting, in some programs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There is an option to always close all tabs in the dialog pop up but no option to just close the current tab by default when X'ing out on the top right of the window. I would like to be able to just close the current tab by default.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. convert into excell not in proper format , as compared to prevalent website online , if not done it will replace

second there is no folder sharing option in document cloud

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When opening a PDF in Internet Explorer with the Reader DLL plugin we can no longer open the print dialogue.
    The error has started after the latest windows update to 2004 or 20H2. These are just the ones I have heard of from our users.

I have tried to get help in https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/pdf-opened-in-explorer-will-not-print/m-p/11265762

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'd love for the signature field to save multiple options for sign yourself feature

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hi
    We had to make some urgent edits in a large PDF on Friday when I went to look through again on the monday some of the text looked like it was missing - it is there but invisible until I turn off the Bold Selection in the edit panel- then it shows up - and if I rebold it stays... This is the second document that it has happened and we are making quick edits to make a deadline by using the edit panel in Acrobat (this is instead of going back to Indesign/Word to make the changes and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. With the newest update, F2 (used universally for renaming across every other PC/Windows program/functionality) was changed to a help function that brings up an Adobe Internet help site.

F1 is used universally for help, and no one needs that much access to Adobe help pages.

F2 should be returned to renaming. Ctrl-F2 is a ridiculous and difficult change for renaming and it's the worst idea ever.

I remediate hundreds of PDFs for accessibility, and having to make a more complicated keystroke to rename tags is a huge problem.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  6 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Agreements not populating in Acrobat DC

2 votes