Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10706 results found

1. Hi,

Arobat Pro DC closes file OK, but sometimes appears to keep the file locked against changes in Windows (Win10, 64bit, fully updated May2020) etc

Win 10 \ Windows Explorer is prevented from modifying the parent folder name (for example).

Does not always happen. Closing Acrobat Pro DC appears to release the file (in that it allows changes to the filepath etc using Windows Explorer etc).

This is similar to issue reported usign Acrobat READER.

The Windows Preview tab is NOT showing
    (that Win10 bug (?) is a known issue, but relevant here).

Regards
    L

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I used to be able to print on both sides of my paper with Brother DCP-7065DN. Must have gotten an update because that is no longer offered in print dialog box.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It used to work fine until a couple of weeks ago. Now I get the following popup "Adobe Acrobat cannot start the image editing application you've specified. Verify the image editing application location on the Content Editing panel in Preferences". I did as instructed...and added the path to MS Paint program. I restarted the Adobe DC several times, but keep getting the same popup. Every time I go to check the Preferences, it shows the correct path. Adobe just fails to open MS Paint.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  amukherj responded

Happy to share that this issue has been addressed in the latest release (Sep 2022)

4. change passwords on user ideas controlled by adobe admin console... I would like to totally control user ID's as it is my company and i pay for the software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add an option to the Microsoft Word Adobe Acrobat driver that allows to save as PDF with the "Navigation Tab" - "Bookmarks panel and Page" property of the PDF file activated by default.
    Currently it needs to be activated manually. The driver only saves with the "Navigation Tab" - "Page Only" option.
    Other Drivers such as AutoCAD; however, save as PDF with the "Navigation Tab" - "Bookmarks panel and Page" property of the PDF file activated by default.
    Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have had a number of issues where the third or fourth person allocated to sign an agreement have left and their emails are not accessible.
    I propose an option that the initiator of a document be permitted to change details of a party to sign without having to cancel the entire agreement and redo it, especially as this requires the first few to have to redo the agreement, and in some cases they are onerous to have to complete many fields again.
    thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. IF i am having a pdf docs which i need to sign on all the pages, i need to sign this each time on each page and save each tine after each signature, each time selection of tools is also a pain!! don't understand why each time after placing a certificate, pdf asking to save after signature/certificate are placed, it should give a final confirmation once everything is done. i can understand its for security but at least the person who is signing should have this option that he can sign on all docs and at the end save everything.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hello,

Just wanted to report this bug. So when I combine a bunch of pdf files I save the combined file using the "print as PDF" function (because some of the files are fillable and I want it "flattened") almost 90% of the times it won't save the file in the first attempts and it will happen in the 2nd or 3rd attempt. 5% of the time the output file only has one page(the first page out of 10-20 pages) so I have to try it again.
    I am using Adobe Acrobat 2021.001.20145 on windows 10

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Pre-existing document metadata that is used for documents stored in SharePoint libraries should be useable by the home section of Acrobat when I select on that connected library. Currently when I select on a connected library, whether it is a SharePoint library, or a OneDrive library the only metadata displayed on my documents is Title, Modified & Size (see attachment).

These are not helpful when I need to filter and sort through hundreds of documents to check out and update one. I would like the ability to customize my displayed metadata columns and to filter out documents that I may…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Adobe Acrobat Standard keeps saying connection status check your internet connection can't verify subscription. Password is correct. Spoke with support and because we have Trend AV apparently this is a known issue. Need a fix ASAP

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow a way to open existing PDF documents and to convert them to searchable documents without need to respond to promtps.

Also -- bump up the 50 document limit to 1000 or more for this action -- still with no prompts while the process action runs through all documents without need for user interaction. (I could use this functionality quite often -- and espeically right NOW)! Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Text in vector graphic images (.svg/.emf) files get displaced and in some cases overlap with other objects in the image during PowerPoint to PDF conversion with Adobe. This issue wasn't present when using Adobe PDF Library 20.9.95

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Your online chat says the current 32 bit supports both 32 and 64 bit architecture, which obviously it does but at only 32 bit ram usage meaning on my 64 bit machine it's slow. They also said you had a 64 bit that you released in some countries but not all. If the 32 supports both why do you have both>

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hello, I was wondering if you all could make a system for Excel or CSV data to be imported into interactive elements like combo boxes and list boxes. Its a real pain to manually input an array of items one at a time, and also not have the ability to edit them in their place. The current process requires deleting an element in the list, and retyping it when updating the list. Imagine if having to make a combo box that included all 50 states or capitals of every country.
    I also ask for this a feature in Indesign, but…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have been trying to send a document as an email for over an hour and it gives me an error message. Thank God this is not an emergency. Your system charges and then it does not deliver.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Return to Acrobat from another app without having to choose from the 2 dozen open PDFs, just go to the one I was last working with.

The PDFs often have many meaningless names from the scanner, such as SKMC30821051311590.pdf, SKMC30821051706480.pdf, etc.

Running my mouse over the images to pick one can be helpful, but most PDFs are 17x11 format or larger drawings, so a little thumbnail doesn't always help because I lose so much detail due to large format. Also, if they are not my own engineering drawings, I won't recognize them easily anyway.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. MacBook Pro (2019, 16"), OS 10.15.7. Acrobat DC stopped working. When I click app to open, it crashes. Unistalled and reinstalled w/ CC, restart, still didn't work. Uninstalled from Finder (recommended on Adobe support), cannot reinstall. Restart again, still cannot install or open. CC says app is installed, update available, but unable to open. Help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create a pane that displays the properties of the currently selected object.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hello,

I have a "problem" with the OCR technology in Acrobat Pro 2017 for Mac. When I edit a scanned file with OCR ("Searchable image", 300 dpi), the words and letters are recognised correctly, but the character spacing (when selecting the words) does not match the original font width (see screenshot). I noticed that this problem also occurs with Acrobat Pro 2020 for Mac, but not with the Windows version. On the other hand, this problem did not occur with Acrobat Pro XI for Mac.

I would be very grateful if you could solve this problem. My Mac is running…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?