Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10658 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be great if you could create a PDF with a hierarchal navigation. For example, if the page thumbnails could switch to a hierarchal view so you could build sitemaps or app navigation maps using screenshots of a website or app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When using comments it would be great to be able to turn off and on the date and time stamp feature instead of the unchangeable default of the date and time stamp always being on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Open PDF – note that Acrobat DC reports one comment in sidebar on right of window.

This is on Acrobat Pro DC, up-to-date (version 2021.001.20155), Running on MacOS Catalina (v.10.15.7). Comments were made on Acrobat Reader DC for PC, (version 2021.001.20138)

Expected result – should display the amount of total comments in the PDF.

Observed result – only displays comments once those pages are navigated to or scrolled past.

This has been reproducible on multiple versions of MacOS

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I think there is a design flaw in your programme so that when someone has finished say editing a document the Save button does not immediately display a “save as” option. You have to right click on Save to see that option in a sub menu.. At the very least your FAQ should include this as an answer the question how do I save my files? In addition when Save alone is clicked there is no indication of where the file has gone and it does not appear in any of the categories of file shown on the webpage.
    Alan…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I want to be able to expand the entire pdf document quickly by a specific percentage - say 150% or 175% or 200% - for easier viewing. Editing every section is much too cumbersome. This will also make viewing more accessible for people with vision problems.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Need to recognise text from southern African languages such as isiZulu

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Windows 10 64-bit. Latest Acrobat Pro DC. Every restart (or Acrobat update) it keeps calling up the window to change the file type association for PDF to Acrobat, when it is ALREADY set as Acrobat, and will not clear itself out of the way (other than to X out of the window). There is no reason the 'change file type associate should be coming up if it is already set properly, both in file extension properties and in the registry.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have clients that want to attach my drawings to their pdfs but I protect my drawings from editing. They want me to unprotect them and allow editing. I do not want to do that. I would like adobe to have a security feature where you allow attaching to other documents but you do not allow editing the document that is already protected. Clients are very angry that I wont give them the password.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I launch acrobat thru command line or thru scheduler and pass it a bpdx file as a parameter. It launches acrobat but does not start indexing the pdf files pointed to in the bpdx file. My files and command lines are correct - they were working in March 2021. Not working now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Using PDF XFA forms created with Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES4. Data stored in a Microsoft Access database is converted to an XML file and then imported into a blank PDF XFA form using importXFAData. My workgroup has been using this feature for over three years with huge success/satisfaction. With the recent update, the xml import stopped working leaving the PDF form fields blank. Any work around or update planned?

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2020.013.20074
    Microsoft Access 2016 with VBA Version 7.1.1108
    VB code clip:
    Dim AcroApp As Object
    Dim theForm As Object
    Dim jso As Object
    Set AcroApp =…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I add links to a PDF, I do NOT need help EVERY single time I create a link; it would be MUCH more convenient if the default selection were NEXT, not HELP. In this manner, I could use enter to select next, whereas now, when I inadvertently click enter thinking it should be the default, it seems to be common sense - oh, wait, that no longer exists, my bad. I guess never mind, no commonsense, why bother, right?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adobe Acrobat DC Pro allows access to Google My Drive, but I work for a company and most of our files are on Google Shared Drives which now makes editing pdfs a real pain. Please fix by allowing direct access to Google Shared Drives using Adobe Acrobat DC Pro.
    Thanks,
    Ben Black
    Right of Way Tech Support
    205 S. 17th Ave MD 612E
    Phoenix, AZ 85007
    602-712-7143
    WWW.AZDOT.GOV

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When creating a template or otherwise sending a document, form fields should auto "snap to grid" in any document that has lines on it similar to Acrobat DC auto form create. It's frustrating to go into this platform after using Acrobat DC and realizing it will now take about an hour to re-create the same form that took 2 minutes in Acrobat DC.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. You should be able to set up reminders for documents you send out for signatures within the app, right after sending the document, like you are able to do in the browser.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A user in my company with an Adobe Acrobat DC Pro license changed her cellphone number and now cant login, there is no forum or option to reset this phone number for users or me as Admin. Would be nice to have an additional option other than just "Reset Password" - maybe something like "Not your number anymore"/"Lost your phone number" for users, and maybe a "Clear phone number" for us Admins.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to copy over all form fields created into one PDF into another PDF. For example, an application packet that one would make into a fillable form, then - since many application packets have the same blanks and check box spots, be able to pull all the same fields from one state's application packet to another state's packet.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I downloaded Adobe Acrobat Standard DC and 'stuff' in my computer no longer worked as before. I uninstalled the program until I needed it again.
    This iteration of an editing of PDF's is so foreign to what I used a few years ago without going online, in iCloud, in an APP blah, blah, blah that I will never purchase this program again. I will go to a professional editor to help me! I'm not a techi and don't even understand some of the wording in your instructions. I came before to Adobe to get superior editing, moving around file, pages…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hello,
    2 request from me:
    1) is it possible the create a own colortoolbar, i use different colors in my documents and i have to switch many times to the properties. A own created colorbar would be nice and helpfull.
    2) I use in my acrobat pro dc a 3 party applkication from evermap, it is to create multiple hyperlinks at ones. Verry helpfull for 1000 of pages. Could you build this also in the program. I now there is a function hyperlink, but this works so easy and smooth. I think every person would be helped with this option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?