Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10536 results found

1. Back to the usability idea ... One should be able to have a UNIQUE reference number for each and every post. If users/moderators take the time to review posts, then they should be able to reference them BY NUMBER in their own personal notes and to others.

Right now I cannot possibly suggest that you refer to comment xxxx from date xxxx under topic xxxx .....

How about a simple SQL database to track things ??? These pop-up subcategories by keyword search are helpful, but they are not nearly complete !

PS Number = xxxxxxxx + Section + 2 keywords…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The Acrobat XI version before Acrobat XI Pro 2017 let the user export the current settings to a standard *.aaui file. That way, one could alter between preferences or GO BACK if a change was not working as needed/expected. It also allowed for exchange of settings between users if User B preferred concept used by User A ....

For the life of me I cannot understand why I found this previous request to be 'DECLINED' :

Declined by digvijay singh bisht (Software Engineer, Adobe) responded

Save Quick Tools settings
    There also needs to be a way to save customize Quick…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Duh is this Nov 2019? Why can't I search both titles only and entire text for all requests? Does Adobe seriously want/expect users and moderators to scan FORTY-FIVE (45) pages of a forum to weed out duplicate requests ?? .... I certianly do NOT want to put in a NEW request for something that's already in the count. WORSE YET, if the same concept is entered 4 times as 5 + 3 + 2 + 10 votes, then Adobe will surely not value that as 20 VOTES and will probably NOT fix it !!! Another dis-service to the users, especially…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The Acrobat XI version before Acrobat XI Pro 2017 let the user drag the corner of the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) so that it would expand to 2 or more lines. That way, the most-used icons would all be on the main screen without the insessant need to click on the 3 buttons to expand the options and see the icons .... Worse yet, if there are many icons, you have to press the down-arrow to get there. Yes, I understand that the icons can be 'moved up'.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When I allow Acrobat to auto generate fields Acrobat named each field by the closest text, which is not always, most of the time, the best way to approach things.

I suggest to allow renaming a group of selected items, if they are the same type. Now, when I select multiple fields, even if they are the same type, the field name and tool tip property fields are disabled.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a feature to the Add Text function in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC so that a user can choose Opaque for a text box and avoid a Background image being visible through the text box. Also, the user should be able to choose a solid color to appear behind the text in the text box. This feature is so basic that it should have been in the product from the start. Photoshop Elements has had it for a long time!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Just like it says in title. All other Adobe products have it. Why not Acrobat?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When editing a text box the text does not provide a preview of what it will look like at a certain width with the text wrap. This is a feature Bluebeam has that makes it quick and easy to see how the text box will appear as you adjust the size, saving time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Once the user sets the scale (also, look at having a "set custom drawing scale by measuring bar scale" option like Bluebeam), allow the user to customize the parameters of lines and shapes to create lines that are a certain length or rectangles and circles that are a certain size.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The snapshot tool is already there, allow the user to past that snapshot within the same PDF. For users working with drawings it is helpful to be able to take a snapshot of a layout and move it to a different area. I worked around this by saving the snapshot as a JPEG and adding an image to the file, which is OK but the image may not come in at the correct scale which leads to errors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Longtime Bluebeam User... How can you not have toolbars permanently accessible? Similarly, when you create "quick tools" and you use one how to the tool properties (colors, fonts, etc.) not show up when the quick tool is selected for use. After using this for the last month I realize it is not really competing in the same space as Bluebeam but these are some functional items that cause users to make 4-5 clicks instead of 1, on markups of large plan sets this can add a lot of time to the effort, reducing efficiency.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I copied "TENSIONING" word from Acrobat reader and when I paste it in Google search it comes "TBNSIONING"!!

I have Adobe Reader XI version:11.0.0

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am working with Linde Engineering India (Linde AG) as Engineering consultant. Our daily routine job is to review various suppliers' documentation to meet the client requirement. Supplier submits the document which we review in .pdf using commenting tool. Previously we were using Acrobat 9 for this in Windows7. Now we are using Windows 10 for last more than 1 year and in that, we are only allowed to use Acrobat standard DC Version 2015.006.30033. In this Adobe Acrobat version, we are not able to edit the comments made by our peers / sub-ordinates before sending it back to Supplier

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,
    This is as per the current design, we will keep your feedback in mind.

Could you please let us know if you are unlocking comments one by one.
    Kindly take a note that you can unlock many/all comments in one go after selecting them in RHP.

Regards,
    Arvind

14. Password protected files ask for password to be entered twice.

1.   If the document is opened directly from Outlook: when user opens a password protected PDF from Outlook:

• It will ask user to enter password once (the password for the file)
      • It will again seek password to enable all features in the document

2.   If the PDF is saved from Outlook to the local machine: 

• It will ask user to enter password twice same as above scenario
      • However when the same file is accessed for second time, it will not prompt for password to enable the features again,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. My ACrobat Pro no longer supports combining word documents into a PDF. When I can go to a file to select the word docs it only brings up "supported file types".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be great if there was a way to create a .pdf from doublesided documents without doing each page manually or having a scanner that does it automatically. Ideally, I would scan the odd pages. Then turn the stack of documents over and scan the even pages. Then reverse the even pages (to go from low page number to high). Then combine the odd and even pages in a way that it will be: 1,2,3,4,5,6, etc

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have a client who requires 3 separate pdf attachments for payment: my invoice, their purchase order and a signed proof of delivery. This is impossible in the cuurrent version of Acrobat Pro.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Why!!! After spending the time to put all the docs needed for signature into the program and then try to begin assigning the signature spots....it tells you it can not do it---- THEN EVERYTHING DISAPPEARS & if YOU TRY TO DO IT AGAIN....IT HAPPENS AGAIN. I am so frustrated with this program.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Greek OCR should be fixed as it seems broken in the newer versions.
    Below you will find two paragraphs. 1st is from PDFXEdit (free tool) and second is from Adobe Acrobat 2019.021.20056 (costs two virgins and a first born child). It is expected for such an expensive software to make this process straight forward.

PDFXEdit:
    Τα ίδια κεφάλαια, και τα κέρδη προ φόρων της εταιρείας Α για τη χρήση 2018 είναι €150.000 και
    €5Ο.ΟΟΟ αντίστοιχα. Πώς θα διαµορφωθούν αυτά τα δύο μεγέθη (απαντήστε με τη χρήση πίνακα) αν
    υπάρχουν οι εξής παρατηρήσεις του ορκωτού ελεγκτή:
    1. Η εταιρεία είχε δημιουργήσει…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Acrobat DC erkennt die dedizierte Grafikkarte (NVIDIA Quadro P520) auf meinem Lenovo P53s nicht bzw. diese wird nicht aktiviert, trotz Standardeinstellung. Beim Bilddurchlauf ruckelt es ständig.

Acrobat DC doesn't recognise the graphics card (NVIDIA Quadro P520) on my Lenovo Laptop and it doesn't get activated, respectively. It is lagging while scrolling down the pages.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?