Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10734 results found

1. Acrobat Pro DC latest version on Windows 10 (latest). after creating about 20 pdfs it catches out simply closing acrobat. Have same problem on multiple PCs. Has been happening for 6 months or so. Before that I could create 100s without a problem.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Thanks for sharing the steps. We are aware of a similar issue with OneDrive files and are working on fixing it.
    Can you check if you can convert Office files kept in OneDrive by right-click menu and the PDF gets created. Does the Office app remain open or does it get closed?

Thanks
    Tanvi

2. Anytime I have a document with a higher number of pages open and "output preview" tool open at the same time, all of Acrobat becomes unresponsive and you have the spinning pinwheel. Can the output preview tool be limited to checking on the visible page, so I don't have to wait 30+ seconds between every action for the tool to re-process the whole document?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. After updating to this version, on startup the application displays an empty dialog box and completely freezes, forcing you to quit the application in Task Manager. Repair, uninstall/reinstall, clearing temp files all did not work.
    Starting application on the administrator account allowed it to go through the dialog box which had to do with resetting default apps then allowed the application to startup and run correctly on the limited user account.
    OS Edition
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
    OS Version
    OS Build

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. AFTER AN UPDATE I CAN NOT LONGER SAVE MY PDF I CLICK SAVE OR SAVE AS AN THE BOX OPENS BUT THERE IS NO WRITING NO DROP DOWN BOXES hp

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I installed adobe reader touch in my windows 10 laptop, i am unable to login to my account,there is no option for log in.
    I need to access a PDF (with notes)made in one device that can be continued in another device, for which i need to log in to adobe so that both my devices are connected.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Use the Name field instead of the User Name field when making comments in Document Cloud.
    Easier to know who is commenting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Strange but nor Acrobat Pro DC, nor Reader don't have "close all files" menu.

Yes, we can use it this script - https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/creating-close-all-docs-menu-item , but we can't use it with script shortcuts as CTRL+SHIFT+F4 or CTRL+ALT+W

That's annoying!

Please re-add close all files feature in "File" menu!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When I save over an old file (with the same name) and open it, it reverts to the previous saved version. Looks fine with all the changes done in the Preview, but the moment I open the file it is still the old version. Fine if we rename file or quite Acrobat and open fresh. So this looks like some sort of caching bug?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I loath, with such passion, the new format of this software. The mutliple tabs, the obscure locations of tools that used to be easily found. Seriously acrobat. wtf.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Running Acrobat DC and Mac 10.13.4. It's been crashing for years on various machines and Mac OSs. Seems to crash the most while opening multiple pdfs one after another while using the output preview window and the convert colors window. Hope you guys can fix this issue!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I try to convert a web page in Firefox to pdf using the icon on top right corner, it often does not work. If I try the convert to pdf using the print command on the right dropdown list, the optionto print, then adobe pdf will convert the same page to a perfect pdf. What is wrong?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Lately when I move pages around in the thumbnail preview and save (then close). When I (or my client) open the pdf it opens (defaults) to the page that WAS page 1 in the original InDesign document, instead of the rearranged pdf page 1. e.g. It would open to the middle of the pdf.

i.e. The pdf has saved the page rearrangement but it opens to the 'old' page 1.

My only workaround is to create another InDesign file, rearrange the pages and export. This is because my document is a 4pp double-page spread, so page 1 is in fact…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I need a simple box that can be added into a form which activates the drawing tool to enter a manual signature. If someone is filling out a form, they won't know at the signature point they have to jump to the tool menu and select the pen. For a user they are in the form, keep them in the form. Just a simple setting on a signature box to switch it to pen rather then Digital ID would be great.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Just the other day my Acrobat DC suddenly started popping up a "recent files" window every single time I go to do anything on my computer, even do a google search or look at email, if Acrobat is open. This is incredibly annoying because it stops everything I'm doing and I have to close that window before I can keep going. I don't even need a recent files list but this new popup is driving me nuts. If you don't make it possible to disable it or just get rid of it altogether I'm switching to another app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I don't like the Save and Save as dialogue boxes. The save in a "Different Folder" is in the lower right corner and highlighted. I am so used to the regular "Save" being there, so it's very confusing.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When using auto-tag, often graphic elements are forced to back or deleted. See attached examples, where the text next to the HHS-CDC logo is messed up after auto-tag.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It seems the only way to send out a trapped PDF file is to embed traps or to use In-Rip trapping. Adobe obviously has the trapping technology why not let the end user trap filed to their specs. and let them save a PDF file. I send out trapped pdf files all the time that were trapped in Prinergy to printers and publications that require the pdf files be trapped. This isn't an option in the Adobe workflow and I'm not sure why.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. This is a bug report.

After a recent, involuntary update that occurred without my knowledge, I can no longer open PDFs with Adobe Acrobat DC (a product that is not listed in the product dropdown for bug reporting, by the way).

When I try to open a PDF file, it appears briefly and then a popup window overtakes it and requires me to sign in with an Adobe ID (which I do not have and do not wish to have).

There is no option to surpass the sign in and closing the window also closes the document I tried to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This is a bug report.

After a recent, involuntary update that occurred without my knowledge, I can no longer open PDFs with Adobe Acrobat DC (a product that is not listed in the product dropdown for bug reporting, by the way).

When I try to open a PDF file, it appears briefly and then a popup window overtakes it and requires me to sign in with an Adobe ID (which I do not have and do not wish to have).

There is no option to surpass the sign in and closing the window also closes the document I tried to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?