Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10709 results found

1. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. General User Feedback

1. There needs to be a direct feedback button. The AI feature is beta and it is too difficult to provide quick feedback. I had to search, chat, and end up in the general feeback area. If you are going to test something beta, make a dedicated feedback button/link direct in the AI box.

2. This was released way to early, the AI can't help with what it labels scanned documents or images. That is most pdfs already. Second, I have tested this with first generation pdfs and the AI will still say it is incapable. Almost 9 out…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The new "intuitive" layout is HORRIBLE. I do not understand what your motivation was for changing literally everything and moving things around to random locations. It makes no sense whatsoever.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The old version of Acrobat (Pro X) allowed users to put comments on various items in the document, such as highlighted text, etc. and move those boxes around on the document and change their size.

Now, Acrobat (Pro 2019 and onward) obscures that comment box with a reply field and totally wasted blank space beneath it (see attached). A user shouldn't have to click on a comment box to see the text that's there. This is yet another example of HORRID user interface changes. While reply-type commenting is a useful feature, destroying the original comment box's functionality for those that…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Awfully slow program on a very fast computer. Keeps stalling when I open it. Then it wants to restore my document and it stalls again so I close it. Gotta wait for all the unwanted bloat to load before I start editing my document.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hi,

It seems like the PDF Portfolio Thumbnails are missing, causing major disruption in our communication with our customers who use the thumbnails on the left side of the Portfolio view to navigate between the files.

Currently in January 2024 the Portfolio appears just as a list and many additional settings and preferences also disappeared. Looks like a stripped version of the formerly powerful format.

Please, provide explanation.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Martin Jezek

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The format box that appears when typing in a comment is not moveable and overlaps with my document - sometimes OVER the comment I'm trying to type. making it VERY difficult to edit text or use the PDF. Can't this be dockable? or at least Moveable??

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Return back to prev search tools, especially new window with search results listed. And provide user choice tools on the toolbar across top.
    I spend so much more time trying to use newest ver. that I am looking for a better pdf reader solution...you screwed up the most useful tools.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. After I work with a few dozen files in a day, Adobe simply stops opening. You click on a file or the app itself and the cursor flickers once and nothing happens. The only way to get it working again is to restart the computer. Very inconvenient when you are logged into multiple business programs and have to log out of everything and shut down/restart in the middle of the day. Have checked for updates - nothing.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The latest feature upgrade removed the ability to send a signed copy of a document ("copy to"). Now the only options available are signer and approver. The receiving party is neither a signer or an approver, so this has doubled my workflow and created an inefficiency. I now have to generate a second email with the signed copy to send to my recipient, separate from the signature process. PLEASE add this feature back. What you have done is NOT an improvement.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Accessibility remediation of PDFs is chewing up an inordinate amount of labor, and at present, the steps required to yield accessible PDFs from InDesign are at a ridiculously unrefined, fussy, deep-in-the-weeds stage. This seems like an ideal application for AI. PLEASE create an AI tool that can handle all of the picky details of PDF remediation. I'd love to be presented with a simple set of questions to define things like reading order (in Acrobat and InDesign), then just have the AI handle giving me a PDF that passes muster and works well with assistive tech. I want an AI…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Your software completely SUCKS!!!!!!! i CANNOT OPEN ADOBE FILES ANYWHERE. They won't open in Outlook or after I save them. I NEED TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The new "+ Create" button on the right side of the tabs is totally misplaced. It opens a popup that gets in the way when you want to move the window, if you have a lot of tabs open, which I usually do. The more logical place for it would definitely be in the toolbar below. It's just annoying and makes me want to install another reader.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The line spacing between bookmarks in the bookmarks panel is now a full line, meaning the content of this panel is 50% wasted space. Plus they are all indented, which is more wasted space especially because many now spill over onto a second line. On my 1440-pixel tall display, I can see 30 items. But if I open the same document in Firefox, the bookmark panel shows 42 items. So it's much easier to find what I am looking for in a long document.

Please don't design everything for touch. I don't need giant touch targets. I want to see…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Remove the 10 million billion trillion popups when initially running after downloading/signing up for a trial. Also, if you can't get the program to run at least as well as Microsoft word for editing a document... no one will.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Remove some of the clutter on the top bar, it make so I can see only 2 or 3 tabs since the update.

I also wish you would allow us to make the checkmark smaller than the current smallest setting. It is clumsy for fine print text.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. in previous version of Acrobat, you could set a Preference/General to open files in separate windows. This is not available in our current version per Adobe support.
    Cannot go back to older version as this is a municipal account.
    Please add this option.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Once I have uploaded the image of my signature in the Fill & Sign tool, it's not more possible to remove it. Clicking the "X" button doesn't work. I've closed and re-opened Adobe DC. I also tryed to reinstall it, but nothing.
    After reinstallation if I uload again an image in the fill&sign tool, it's not possible to remove it.
    Adobe Acrobat Pro 2023.008.20470 64bit
    Win 11

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hello
    The UI has just been updated under Windows (2024-01-18), which I like so far.
    But what has remained the same is the settings window.
    I have now counted over 320 (!!!) individual setting options in all categories.
    What do you think, does this contribute to user-friendliness?
    I think certainly not.
    The other day I finally dug through all the options to see what else would make sense to set.
    I was extremely busy for many hours.
    And I think a lot of things could be simplified and left out or implemented in a more user-friendly way.
    Or perhaps an…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Unable to print any PDF on any printer. Same error again and again : Cannot find pages…

Tried anything. Select one page, actives pages etc…

No way.

Latest Adobe CC softwares and Mac system

All these files print well with Aperçu

To me Acrobat is totally useless.

But maybe a genius has found the way to acdress this critical issue

;-)

Happy new year y'all

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)