- or
No existing idea results
- ~ No ideas found ~
14329 results found
-
copy text from PDF including changes (e.g. made with "strikethrough" or "insert" tools)
In the commenting mode for Acrobat DC Pro, there are "strikethrough", "replace", and "insert text" tools, among others.
When I select and copy some text (for example, to count the words or rephrase it in another window), it copies the original text and disregards anything crossed out or inserted. This means I have to re-do all the changes by hand.
It would be great if one could copy the text in a way that incorporates the changes, similar to how you can opt to copy text with or without formatting, in some programs.
3 votes -
Mac App Store
I want to download Adobe Acrobat Pro/Reader DC from Mac App Store, because App Store is the place where we can install apps without anxiety, and its auto update is much more convenient, and it can let us purchase the app much easier, especially for students.
3 votes -
Allow default setting to allow close of current tab when multiple tabs are open
There is an option to always close all tabs in the dialog pop up but no option to just close the current tab by default when X'ing out on the top right of the window. I would like to be able to just close the current tab by default.
3 votes -
PDF opened with Internet Explorer DLL will not print
When opening a PDF in Internet Explorer with the Reader DLL plugin we can no longer open the print dialogue.
The error has started after the latest windows update to 2004 or 20H2. These are just the ones I have heard of from our users.I have tried to get help in https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/pdf-opened-in-explorer-will-not-print/m-p/11265762
1 vote -
Support Linux
The linux community would really like to have at least the minimal support you used to provide.
8 votes -
Cross platform support
I know that this is something that has been suggested many times, but please consider supporting at the very least Linux distros like Ubuntu/Debian and Red hat (maybe a few more of the most used distros).
I know the general reasoning for not doing so, but most is so dated by now! And I wholly believe that anyone who has tried a major distro within the past couple of years, will agree."Linux are mostly used by coders/hackers/servers":
Everyone who knows how to format a computer, and install Windows, can easily install and use Ubuntu, as a minimum. It's easier to set up, and use, than Windows 10, these days. There are very few cases where one needs to use CLI, and this comes down to installing things that do not exist as snaps, or cannot be found in the Ubuntu Software store. The more software is in this store, the less necessary CLI becomes.
If I was to teach a person, who's unfamiliar with using a computer, how to use one, I'd show them Deepin, or Ubuntu (maybe iOS, because it's still slightly more polished), because it's faster, more intuitive, less messy, is much easier to maintain (thanks to package managers updating everything, rather than individual pieces of software) and gets much less in the way than Windows."The userbase is small"
Yes, it is, but it's no longer because Linux-based OS'es requires CLI. Now it's because many companies relies on Microsoft Office, and being able to fill in and sign PDF's.
Today, LibreOffice is a fenomenal office suite, but it is maybe a little difficult for established companies, that relies on documents and spreadsheets, made in MS office, but new companies could easily base their office needs around LibreOffice. But things like not being able to sign a PDF is a hindrance.
I work in a small company with about 120 employed. We have quite a few laptops. Some of them needs windows, because of some niche software they need to run, but most could easily run Linux and LibreOffice, if there had been the ability to sign PDF's through Adobe Acrobat DC, which by many other companies are seen as the only valid digital signature.Please stop being one of few reasons that people are forced to use OS'es they don't like.
I know that this is something that has been suggested many times, but please consider supporting at the very least Linux distros like Ubuntu/Debian and Red hat (maybe a few more of the most used distros).
I know the general reasoning for not doing so, but most is so dated by now! And I wholly believe that anyone who has tried a major distro within the past couple of years, will agree."Linux are mostly used by coders/hackers/servers":
Everyone who knows how to format a computer, and install Windows, can easily install and use Ubuntu, as a minimum. It's easier…5 votes -
I'd love for the signature field to save multiple options for sign yourself feature
I'd love for the signature field to save multiple options for sign yourself feature
4 votes -
Some text changes colour after 3 days = maybe something to do with the Bold selection?
Hi
We had to make some urgent edits in a large PDF on Friday when I went to look through again on the monday some of the text looked like it was missing - it is there but invisible until I turn off the Bold Selection in the edit panel- then it shows up - and if I rebold it stays... This is the second document that it has happened and we are making quick edits to make a deadline by using the edit panel in Acrobat (this is instead of going back to Indesign/Word to make the changes and replacing the pages required- which I will do in the future as I can have this happening for tender work)
I am checking the embeding feature and think it is because the font may not be embedded - but why does it stop working after not being opened for 3 days?
I have sent one of the cover pages to see how it is coming out - the blue text was added in the PDF after (all the rest came from the Indesign file) It was perfect on the Friday . opening and closing.But today it was corrupted and had to be resetHi
We had to make some urgent edits in a large PDF on Friday when I went to look through again on the monday some of the text looked like it was missing - it is there but invisible until I turn off the Bold Selection in the edit panel- then it shows up - and if I rebold it stays... This is the second document that it has happened and we are making quick edits to make a deadline by using the edit panel in Acrobat (this is instead of going back to Indesign/Word to make the changes and…1 vote -
F2 should be returned to renaming function
With the newest update, F2 (used universally for renaming across every other PC/Windows program/functionality) was changed to a help function that brings up an Adobe Internet help site.
F1 is used universally for help, and no one needs that much access to Adobe help pages.
F2 should be returned to renaming. Ctrl-F2 is a ridiculous and difficult change for renaming and it's the worst idea ever.
I remediate hundreds of PDFs for accessibility, and having to make a more complicated keystroke to rename tags is a huge problem.
22 votes -
Bug Report -Unable to see agreements
Agreements not populating in Acrobat DC
2 votes -
20.012.20043.3217 Acrobat Pro DC is painstakingly slow
The new updates have been doing only harm to the software. It has become painstakingly slow. I normally have 5-6 (min) PDFs open at all times and search through them for keywords. After the recent update, it has been very slow, sometimes showing results on blank pages, even though there is actual content.
13 votes -
2 votes
-
undo tool in toolbar
an undo tool is necessary on standard toolbar to undo the last edit.
5 votes -
Put comment filtering back to continuous
It used to be that the comment filter would continuously update. You ruined that feature two years ago. I am waiting for you to put it back. Dealing with hundreds of comments is now clunky and painful.
5 votes -
Adobe DC very slow and froze often
Many people in my company experienced same issue with slow Adobe DC and frozen screen, this became major issue for productivity and if left unresolved will force us to look for other alternatives. We googled similar issues experienced by other users and tried many solutions but could not resolve. And this is not network or firewall issue as it also occurred when work from home.
2 votes -
Adobe not opening pdf attachments from WORD doc to PDF doc.
Adobe MUST create automatic links generated by the system to open pdf attachments migrating from a WORD document, Presently a pdf attachment from WORD to PDF DOES NOT OPEN IN THE PDF DOCUMENT! This is not business friendly. the customer should not have to learn how to create links for the PDF attachments to open!
2 votes -
Adobe Acrobat DC freezes
When I create a file with scanning, and when saving, I change the IME to Japanese, Adobe Acrobat DC freezes
4 votes -
Acrobat DC PRO (20125 /20138) not working with BPDX files
Since acrobat pro dc 20135, and patch 20138, acrobat is not working with BPDX files to update a search index. I call acrobat.exe with a bpdx file passed as an argument, acrobat launches, and then the window appears as it did before attempting to update the index. Then message appears "fatal search engine error (-6) not able to find the file". I just went through an issue - after update 20135, with acrobat not being able to search a PDX file - saying file not found. Update 20138 fixed the issue with acrobat but I suspect the issue still exists with the bpdx files
Since acrobat pro dc 20135, and patch 20138, acrobat is not working with BPDX files to update a search index. I call acrobat.exe with a bpdx file passed as an argument, acrobat launches, and then the window appears as it did before attempting to update the index. Then message appears "fatal search engine error (-6) not able to find the file". I just went through an issue - after update 20135, with acrobat not being able to search a PDX file - saying file not found. Update 20138 fixed the issue with acrobat but I suspect the issue still…
1 voteHi,
The issue has been fixed in our latest Acrobat release (version# 21.001.20142). Please update your Acrobat and let us know if you’re still facing this issue.
Thanks
Adobe Acrobat DC Team -
grid lines showing up on the document
Whenever I open a PDF document I see some blue gridlines over the page. Not sure how they got there or how to remove.
1 vote -
failure to offer to print on both sides
I used to be able to print on both sides of my paper with Brother DCP-7065DN. Must have gotten an update because that is no longer offered in print dialog box.
2 votes
- Don't see your idea?