Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

595 results found

1. Make the table with editable content able to expand to show all the content rather than that ugly scroll bar. MS Word has this function, I don't want Adobe to feel like a retrograde step.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Bug report: When copying a set of check boxes by creating multiple copies. The new sets have the checkboxes in a different order than the copied set.

Suggestion: The copied fields should be in the same order as the original set. The naming system could be improved.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Why is it so difficult to straighten a scanned document? I really hate Adobe.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Your Adobe Acrobat application is still dealing with the problems of the 1990s.

Are you supposed to be a top software company and still have trouble coding in different languages?

You see the following problem in Greek, when you fill out a form, the suggestions it makes are I don't understand.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When typing a number longer then 16 digits in a form field who's security is set to "numbers" and then clicking out of the field, Acrobat auto changes the last few digits to random numbers. For instance, I was trying to type 12345678901234567890 into the "account number" field and when I tab/click out of that field to the next, it is changed to 12345678901234567168". Removing the security resolves the issue, but the client wants to only allow numbers to be entered into this field.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I installed a couple of fonts from Adobe Fonts site. Namely Blue Goblet and Typeka. I installed on my computer using Adobe Cloud. However, for some reason I can select Blue Goblet as a font for a text form field (under "Appearance") with no errors, and it shows perfectly on any computer and on other pdf readers as well (Chrome, Edge etc) but when I select Typeka font it gives this error:

"The selected font cannot be embedded in the PDF file because of licensing restrictions. If the PDF file is viewed on a system that does not have this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. For Multi-line fields, text input should not scale till width of field is reached and wraps to next line. Currently when creating a field set to text that Auto sizes, it scales to width of line and then starts getting smaler, then add multi-line to that and it should wrap to next line and only start scaling when the field is full and you can't fit any more text it visibly. However currently when multi-line, Rich text format and Auto size are all set, when end user starts typing in info, the text is really small - but if you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In the old version of Adobe Acrobat, when you were in the process of preparing/editing a form, you could "Preview" the form. It was very useful because you could go back and forth between changing the modifiable fields and seeing the document as someone else would see it. This feature is no longer available. Now, you have to exit the form section to preview and then go back into the form section to edit again, which is such a headache.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Is there a way for pdfs that have both portrait and landscape in the pdfs, in prepare a form fields to write in landscape instead of portrait. So for a portrait it writes correctly every time but in landscape it writes in portrait.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. sinds de nieuwere versie van adobe, is het NIET MEER MOGELIJK om een bijlage te downloaden in mijn eigen bestanden/pc, JE MOET dat dan doen in one-drive, wat dus absurd is, als iemand mij een bijalge stuurt wil ik die ONGEWIJZIGD in mijn pc opslaan, indien dat in one-drive is kan de afzender het verwijderen of wijzigen, hetgeen dus fraude in de hand werkt, bovendien heb ik er een enorme HEKEL aan als een programma als ADOBE voor mij uitmaakt HOE of ik MIJN administratie WIL doen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. For our internal forms we like to have both the manager and staff member sign the document. However, not all staff have an email address and having to email the form for signature each time is too time consuming. It would be nice to be able to add a signature box, that doesn't require digital signatures or email addresses, and the user can just sign with a stylus, then pass to the staff member to counter sign - just like with pen and paper.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. New update in October of 2023 is not allowing me to add new check boxes or align them. There is essentially no function available in the prepare form section at all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. need to be able to use the compare tool to detect field name changes. I've been online with Adobe Support and it is confirmed that field names are totally ignored in the compare tool despite having my having a full feature Adobe Pro. (Graphic elements are text field changes seemed to be currently only identified for me.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There is no option for subtraction in the calculate tab in the text field properties of the prepare form
    Also, there is no article from adobe pertaining to the java script.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I cannot get rid of the panel and continue preparing a form after clicking the X to close the panel. When I close the panel, it goes to Edit mode which does nothing for me. So, then I hit prepare a form mode then that huge panel shows up again. I do not need this panel to prepare my form all the time. What I do need, is to be able to see the actual pdf page zoomed in and all my thousands of small fields that I can see and adjust.
    In the previous version, I was able to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. My important PDF file is corrupted and want to recover it. Your answer may help me to recover corrupted PDF file?

Thanks in advance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. You should be able to set the defaults for the rich text paragraph settings. Currently if my users delete the text in a form field to enter their own input they have to us the hotkey to bring up the rich text properties, click more, and then choose "text middle/bottom/top" to get the desired layout.

As the form creator I should be able to set these for a form field the same way I can set the alignment, Left/center/right/justified.

Text Centered vertically is very useful for certain forms and needs to be possible even for multi line inputs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be helpful for Adobe to allow duplication of signature fields across multiple pages. It is not uncommon for signatures to be required on multiple pages of a document that will get printed and distributed in parts such as work schedules, engineering drawings, etc. Allowing the signer(s) to be able to sign once and have it carry throughout is handy and available in other pdf programs. I am using Adobe Acrobat DC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The option "Delete Empty Tags" is still visible within the Acrobat UI and has been broken since an update was pushed September 2020. I understand from working through the Admin Console that there are no plans to fix this.

"Delete Empty Tags" is a very important function for PDF remediation. Since this option was broken three years ago, remediators have to manually delete each empty tag.

Please bring this back.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?