Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide a way to remove/move Request for signatures button in Office Home ribbon

In a recent update, Adobe Acrobat added 2 buttons in Microsoft Office applications to "Request for Signatures" and "Create and Share Adobe PDF".

This integration doesn't appear in the Ribbon or in the Add-ins list, so currently there is NO way to remove/move those buttons. It is a significant problem when you work with documents side by side or in lower resolution displays because they take too much space in the ribbon and force other more important buttons/groups to collapse/hide.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Newest Acrobat CC does not auto open .pdf file created in Illustrator CC on PC

When I create a .pdf from Illustrator, a dialog box opens saying the file cannot be found. It used to auto open the .pdf after creating it. It does create the file (.pdf) but does not auto open it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Update Acrobat Pro 2019.012.20036 does not display CID identity-h fonts

Since the Acrobat DC auto update last night to 2019.012.20036, my PDFs are not displaying any fonts.
    On closer inspection the fonts have been embedded in the documents as CID identity-h type fonts from OTF originals. I believe this has always been the case.
    Yesterday I could view the files, today all text is replaced with dots. Other people can view the PDFs correctly in Acrobat Reader. I can print on our digital press correctly. I can view the files in a browser correctly. Just cannot view them in Acrobat DC 20036. The fonts are from the Rotis Semi Sans…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unable to sign out, unable to find sign out for Acrobat DC

There is no sign out of acrobat DC on the menu bar or in the drop down items.

Please add one.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us for your concerns.
    You can find the sign-Out button on the right most end of the Tab Bar in Acrobat by clicking on the Image icon for your account.
    Alternatively, you can find the sign out button under Help → Sign out.

Let me know if that still doesnt solve your concerns ?

-Ayush

6. Only few fonts are supported

Version is compatible only with few fonts.Eg when I download tata mutual fund statement it shows in proper english in other apps..Where as in this app it shows me Portuguese and alignment is completely rubbishy....Never faced such type of issue earlier

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Thanks for reporting the issue. Can you please provide any document here via a weblink for us to reproduce it on our side.
    Also please provide the details related to this app you are referring to like : App name, version etc.

Thanks
    Rachit

7. Acrobat Reader for Mac does not expose an Accessibility Tree to VoiceOver

Acrobat for Windows reads tagged PDF (aka PDF/UA) files and exposes an accessibility tree to assistive tech such as NVDA, Narrator, JAWS etc.

Acrobat for Mac does not do this. (And neither does Preview, or Safari). This means that the 'portable' document format is not accessible to Mac screen reader users at all. You can get the text nodes, but none of the semantic tags are respected.

Why is there such a discrepancy between accessibility support on the Mac vs. Windows versions of Acrobat Reader?
    That's not what 'portable' means! Please address this as soon as possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Changing layer default visibility state is awkward and sometimes does not save

I use Acrobat PRO DC in prepress to switch layer visibility in PDF's that are linked to Illustrator imposition file. Usually I need to change 2-5 layer visibility. The process involves awkwardly too many steps to change a default visibility state of a layer in order for it to be saved. And when trying to save changes sometimes it fails. To correct the issue I usually have to rotate the page CCW and back CW and just then the layer visibility state can be saved. Please look at this as it consumes time and needs too many steps to complete…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug: LiveCycle Designer form not showing up in Acrobat Pro 2019.012.20036

Since the update from 2019.012.20035 to 20036 I cannot even view a PDF-Form created in LiveCycle Designer on Acrobat Pro Win any longer. Also the DataMatrix-Field that worked perfect with 20035 is not updating in Adobe Reader (where I CAN display the form!!!). On a Mac with same version visibility of the form YES, but also no updates of DMC on both Pro and Reader. This must be fixed very soon!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Missing characters after conversion of Word document to PDF

Exporting Word documents to PDF using Acrobat PDFMaker produces a PDF document with missing characters.

This only occurs with some fonts, such as Palatino Linotype and Book Antiqua.

Environment: Windows 10 1909 (18363.476) French, Microsoft Word 1910 (Build 12130.20390 Microsoft Store), Acrobat DC 2019-021-20056, Convert2AdobePDF 19.21.20047.354104, Adobe PDF Library 19.21.79.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

• Type "L'HOMME" in a Word document, font is Palatino Linotyoe,

• Export said Word document with PDFMaker, with all fonts embedded.

Expected result: PDF document displays "L'HOMME"

Observed result: PDF document displays "L'OMME"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Invert colours on images embedded in pdf files.

Invert colours on images embedded in pdf files.

Hi

I'm visually impaired. I find anything with a white background unreadable.

I can change text and text background colours to make text readable but I cannot find a method to change colours used in images embedded in pdf files.

Please can you add an accessibility option to invert colours in embedded images so black becomes white and white becomes black. NB. All colours will need to be inverted not just black and white.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Accessibility settings are difficult to find

Why default to yellow text on white background? It's impossible to read. Personally, some DARK themes would be desirable, i.e. yellow text on black background. Is a SIMPLE link to change SETTINGS in this regard?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thank you for contacting us.
    You can change the theme for the application by View Menu→Display Theme → Choose desired theme.
    Also for changing the theme for the PDF, Go to Preferences → Accessibility → Check Checkbox Replace Document Colors → Check Radio button Use High contrast Colors → Select the theme from High-Contrast color combination as per your requirement.

Please confirm if this resolves your issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

13. The Zoom In (+) and Zoom Out (-) buttons missing from tool bar.

The Zoom In (+) and Zoom Out (-) buttons, and the zoom percentage text box disappeared from my toolbar, and I can't get them back. These controls are only accessible through the menus or the undocked floating panel. Re-docking the panel doesn't bring these controls with it. Right-click "Show Select & Zoom Tools" doesn't even list them.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  53 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Tool to Delete Multiple Files from 'Shared for Viewing'

It would be extremely useful to be able to highlight and delete multiple uploads from the 'Shared for Viewing' page. It's very time consuming having to delete individual files to create space for new uploads.

Please look into this.

Thank you.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. It is essential for the user to be able to disable the default view settings that were set by the creator of the document (often stupidly).

It is essential for the user to be able to disable the default view settings that were set by the creator of the document (often stupidly).

In 35+ years of using computer software, this is the dumbest default setting I have ever seen, and it creates serious usability issues for those wishing to use Acrobat for business purposes (i.e. not graphic design/web design/desktop publishing/etc)

Please IMMEDIATELY ASAP fix this so that the user can disable these default settings and thus view documents effectively instead of spending loads of time fixing display *****-ups caused by the content creator's clumsy use of…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We purchased Acrobat DC license in China, where Adobe only provides the Simplified Chinese version of the product. However users who use En

Allow user explicitly select which language version of the product during the installation process.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Single Sign On

Allow us to automate the sign in process when using Federated IDs by either implementing a reg key to default to enterprise ID and grab their AD email or something else.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Multi-Page View

Posibility to view more than two pages at one view. MS Word style zoom-out.
    Described alredy here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Acrobat/Page-display-Multiple-page-view-more-than-2/td-p/9790338

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Acrobat Pro is freezing for a few minutes after closing the last file

Since yesterday, January 2, 2020, Acrobat Pro is freezing for a few minutes after closing the last file. It eventually starts working again, but it freezes again after closing another file or set of files.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Acrobat DC compile files into single PDF, Illustrator files grayed out

In Acrobat DC when attempting to combine files into single PDF and trying to select Illustrator files they are grayed out and cannot be selected. I have to drag them from the finder into Acrobat. This is a major pain and waste of time. Before the upgrade I could always select an AI file to add to a PDF. Now I never can, even when trying to replace a page with a new file. Illustrator and Acrobat are not talking to each other.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Acrobat does not support conversion of AI files to PDF via the Combine functionality.
    Can you confirm that you are combining AI files or PDF files created from Illustrator?
    Also, do you have Illustrator installed on your system?

Thanks
    Tanvi

• Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base