Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let us drag and drop images/text boxes across page lines when editing a .PDF instead of cut/pasting everything.

Right now, if you select a picture or text box or ANY object while editing, if you want to move that to the next page, you can't just drag and drop it. you have to CUT it, then scroll to the next page, and paste it. What if you have a full clipboard already, and don't want to put this new thing on it, because it'll slow your work down? There's so many reasons to let people do this, and not one good one I can think of to not have it at LEAST be an option to turn on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. PDF Existing Links text blue

Links that are embedded in the original article do transfer to the PDF and are discoverable when hovering over. Optimal would be to be able to change the link text color to blue. Right now, the options allow creating a visible blue outline around the link, though there is not an option to change the link text for the existing link itself to blue

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. How to convert contacts in bulk from Excel files to the vCard VCF file?

To convert contacts in bulk from Excel files to the vCard VCF file format, the Softaken Excel to VCF Converter Software is a wonderful tool. Throughout the conversion process, the file/folder structure and data integrity are maintained. Users can quickly convert all of the Excel contacts details to VCF file format with a few mouse clicks. This tool has undergone extensive testing by web scanners and anti - virus programs, making it safe for usage with user data. Users have the opportunity to select the vcf version they want to convert to their excel contacts during the conversion process. A…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. How to Batch Convert EML to PDF Free?

I know many users don't have the technical expertise to Convert EML files into PDF manually, so I suggest you switch to a professional approach. Cigati EML to PDF Converter helps you to convert your EML file into PDF and many other file formats. This tool is easy to use and doesn't need any technical expertise to process the conversion.

Read More: https://www.cigatisolutions.com/eml-to-pdf-converter/

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Java Script Debugger window resize is broken

In Adobe DC Pro, the Java Script Debugger window can be resized, but the internal sections cannot / do not scale to the proportions of the overall window size.

The internal sections should be movable / scalable to allow all parts to be viewed, with scroll bars, for the overall window size chosen for the main debugger window.

Very frustrating that the contents do not fit within a normal 1920 x 1080 monitor on my system.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Export XLS/XLSX contacts to VCF files with Excel to VCF Converter Tool

If you are searching for the most suitable solution that exports your excel contacts to VCF files without wasting or making any mistakes, then don't bother about it. Because I have the most useful solution for you that fix all problem-related Excel to VCF Conversion. Utilizing the automatic Softaken Excel to VCF Converter Software. This tool converts your single or numerous excel files into vcf file format without wasting too much time. Before the conversion process, it can show a live preview of complete excel data. So its live previews features are also very useful for all users you can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Apple M1 form fields blinking

The form fields are constantly blinking.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Cannot Open PDFs stored on Google Drive after recent update July 14 2022

Files on Google Drive will open in Revu but not Adobe after the recent update.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. How to convert PST to EML files easily?

MacSonik Outlook PST converter is a professional and reliable software to convert PST to EML easily. This software allows bulk conversion of PST files and prevents any data loss. This utility allows to set a desired name of the resultant file and it removes any duplicate emails from the conversion process. The PST converter for Mac maintains the folder hierarchy throughout the conversion process.

Follow the steps to convert PST to EML -
    1. Launch the PST converter for Mac.
    2. Select the required PST files.
    3. Choose the EML option from the drop-down box.
    4. Click convert to start…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Acrobat DC Pro JavaScript Debugger Window will NOT Resize. Cannot see entire window on 2560 x 1440 display

Bug! Cannot resize Acrobat DC Pro Javascript debugger window.

All content used to fit inside window.

Now on a 2560x1440 32" monitor, I can only see the script list, and part of the script window, but not the script and console window without scrolling... alot.

No, the bottom right corner drag does not resize the contents... only the window which makes the problem worse.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How to convert MBOX files into a PDF format?

If you are searching for ways to convert MBOX to PDF, then this thread is the solution for all your queries. The MacSonik MBOX to PDF converter tool is prominent software that allows converting MBOX to PDF efficiently. The software maintains data security and prevents any data alteration. The MBOX to PDF converter helps to save attachments separately if the file is large in size.

Follow the below steps to convert MBOX to PDF -

1. Launch the MBOX converter tool.
    2. Select the desired MBOX files.
    3. Choose the PDF option from the Save As feature.
    4. Click convert to start the conversion…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Not all Comments showing by default in commented PDF

Open PDF – note that Acrobat DC reports one comment in sidebar on right of window.

This is on Acrobat Pro DC, up-to-date (version 2021.001.20155), Running on MacOS Catalina (v.10.15.7). Comments were made on Acrobat Reader DC for PC, (version 2021.001.20138)

Expected result – should display the amount of total comments in the PDF.

Observed result – only displays comments once those pages are navigated to or scrolled past.

This has been reproducible on multiple versions of MacOS

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Admin Console user usage

Can we please have the ability to view the usage history of Acrobat Pro by users? It would help in determining licensing management.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. How do I export contacts from Excel to VCF?

If you need to know how o convert Excel to VCF file formats then use the quick and safe SYSessential Excel to VCF Converter Software that export single and multiple Excel contacts file with complete data into Vcard vcf without wasting too much time. The program maintains your excel data during and after the conversion process, it also shows a live preview facility, which completes the data of excel files/folders. In addition, it operates with all versions of Excel and Outlook.
    For the User's comfort, it offers a free demo pack to convert a few excel file contacts free into…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Send monthly Creative Cloud invoices to my email automatically

I know how to access my invoices but it is a hassle, time consuming and easy to forget.

Please send me my invoices by email automatically.

I shouldn't have to log into my creative cloud account, find my latest invoice and click an email me button. Creative Cloud should send me my invoice automatically.

Adobe is able to send me tips, marketing information and other rubbish automatically but the one thing I want, it can't do.

The people reviewing these messages seem to think it is smart to ignore requests by many hundreds of people or even to merge it…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. open creating and editing pdf without money

to help everyone use acrobat easily

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Files with over 1000 comments experience too much lag

It is still an issue in 2022. It is almost impossible to work on a file with more than 1000 comments; it is very slow, lags, and freezes. When you open 2 files with more than 1000 comments, Acrobat can't handle it anymore. It will stop working; it leads to: "(Not Responding)" forcing the user to quit Acrobat.

I have tried all the possible fixes/solutions and workarounds, but they do not work.
    Our office uses fast laptops: Intel i7, 32GB RAM, and an NVIDIA Quadro T1000 for the graphics card.

When could we expect a resolution for this?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bug Report - Copy/Paste special characters won't work on Mac

Copy/Paste does not work with special characters (used in Spanish, French, German, Danish etc.) anymore. Instead of letters it just leaves blank spaces in the document. Here is an example:

Copy in Acrobat Pro DC:

"Nous vérifions volontiers la possibilité d'une telle
    production spéciale pour le cas individuel."

Paste in any other program:

"Nous v rifions volontiers la possibilit  d'une telle
    production sp ciale pour le cas individuel."

I have tested this on various different computers running macOS Monterey 12.1 and Acrobat Pro DC 2021.011.20039.

The same problem existed before and was addressed in this bug report in June 2021:
    https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/43675632-june-2021-acrobat-update-won-t-copy-paste-special

This…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. EXTREMELY SLOW Adobe Acrobat performance on Mac (re-reporting of common issue)

I'd like to re-report a general issue with Adobe Acrobat running on Mac. While viewing simple PDFs (<1MB), without annotations, Adobe Acrobat has 1 to two second delays when scrolling, painfully slow performance, the program is basically unusable.

I'm sure you are aware of this, because with a limited search I've seen multiple posts asking for help with this, most notably:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/acrobat-scrolling-is-incredibly-laggy-and-slow/m-p/10652846
    The issues brought up in this post fully summarize my problem -- and BEAUTIFULLY surmises a likely cause of these problems. However, while a recurrent issue, I've seen very little interest from your company in addressing it...

I…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Color Code Comments

I review documents with comments from several coworkers. I'd like the option of having each commenter assigned a color. Then I would be able to scan the comments for a particular color to address that person's comments.

Right now, I can filter comments by person, but that removes everyone else's marks/comments from the page. I can sort the comments by date, so I just look at the newest ones, but that doesn't include replies to comments. And it makes it hard to get to the other comments on the same page.

Please add the option of each commenter choosing a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base