Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Invalid JSON

I am trying to use Acrobat Fill and Sign feature to send documents to clients for signature. I go to send them and I get "Invalid JSON" as an error message. It kills to progress to the Fill and Sign process and brings me back to a fresh document. I am using this file created in Acrobat.

I add two email addresses, add my own form language for the email description and body as I need to give info on other processes, and then click Continue and it gives the error message

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Eric,

Thanks for reporting the issue and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I tired locally and was successfully able to send the file for Signature. Could you please confirm the following :

1. Do you see the same error with every PDF file or with this file only?
    2. Do you observe the error with this file when you do not change the subject/body with your own language?
    3. Also are you using English or some other language for Subject/Body? Did you use any special characters?

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

2. Bug: Lack of text contrast in Navigation lists with Dark Theme

I use the Dark Theme for accessibility because of light sensitivity.

When using Dark Theme, many of the Navigation Panes (including Bookmarks, Content, Order, Tags, and probably others) display black text on a dark grey background, instead of properly switching to light colored text. I think there are other parts of the UI that have this same problem, but I can't enumerate all of them.

The lack of contrast makes these parts of the UI effectively unusable in Dark Theme. Using low screen brightness (again, because of light sensitivity) exacerbates the issue. The bug is very easy to reproduce because…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PDF Files Don't Open in Acrobat after latest windows update and/or in new Edge Browser

When opening a PDF file from Microsoft Edge browser the file now opens using a default Microsoft pdf reader of some sort. I checked to make sure that acrobat was the default application for opening .pdf files but that makes no difference. Adobe help desk said this is because of the latest windows update and the latest adobe acrobat update as well. This is really frustrating and makes workflow inefficient. Please fix this so acrobat can be used when opening .pdf files from browsers (had same problem with Chrome so does not seem to be a browser specific problem).

Thank…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please fix linkCreation.dotm

Acrobat Pro (for the last several versions) continues to install linkCreation.com into MS Word directories, even though it is known to cause Word either to crash or to throw VBA errors. Please either fix the template or stop installing it.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Printing/scanning issues after update 2020.009.20063

I am working at an MSP currently. Two separate customers are experiencing issues with printing/scanning after update 2020.009.20063 on Reader and Acrobat DC.

If you try to scan a document that is multiple pages it will freeze after the first page.

We attempted repairs and reinstalls but were unsuccessful with both.

Workstations are running W10.

Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Send contract to phone number

I would like to be able to send a contract for signature to a phone number as an attachment, not just an email address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Client's name in email address and in list of documents

When sending a contract for signature to a client I would like to be able to enter or see the full name of the client, not just the email address!

Similarly in the list of documents "out for signature" or "signed" there is no name visible. I have to open the doc to see who it is and there is not a full name (unless you have filled it in automatically which happens sometimes), only an email address!

Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make Acrobat Pro support ARM64 processor, for example Surface Pro X. (aka AArch64, Qualcomm S1, Qualcomm S2)

Acrobat Pro Desktop works on Windows with Intel and AMD processors, but not with ARM64 processors, so I can't use it on my Microsoft Surface Pro X. The Surface Pro X uses the Qualcomm S1 or S2 ARM64 processors which manage power better, extending battery life and keeping the device cool. Please get a team to work on ARM64 compatibility so customers with such devices can use Acrobat Pro as we did on our older devices with Intel or AMD processors.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Incorrect info re attendees at weddings is not consistent with other Gov.UK info docs

The covid-19 Winter Plan document states that there can be 15 guests attending a wedding. All other Gov.UK documents state upto 15 attending and this includes the couple. This therefore means they can only have 13 guests. We have received numerous emails stating that we are wrong (I work in a Registration Service) and that they argue they can have 2 more guests. After checking with GRO; they tell us that it is 15 to include the couple. Could this document please be amended to show accurately the number of people allowed to attend and what this includes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Multi-tasking when printing

I have noticed that with the version I have now (2020.013.20066), That I cannot print one document and the move to the next tab to print, edit or manage that document at all. While the printing is active, one is basically locked out from the app until the printing is complete.

This seems pretty odd as the app is obviously made to multi-task, as is the OS (in my case Windows 10) and printer (queue). Whether this has been done on purpose, or is a bug, I am not sure, so you will have to decide for yourselves if this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Method to identify which user account is used to log into Acrobat

Hi, we've had some users that mistakenly logged into Acrobat using an account that is not their corporate account. We want to see if there are other users in our firm that are logged into Acrobat using an account other than their corporate account. It would be great if there is there way to identify which user account is currently logged into Acrobat on a particular machine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Portfolio PDFs open blank in Protected View

Steps to reproduce:
    Set Protected View to "All files"
    Fully Close Acrobat
    Open a Portfolio PDF by double clicking on the file.

Environment:
    Windows 10 Enterprise version 1909
    Adobe Acrobat DC Pro 20.013.20064

Expected result:
    Portfolio PDF opens without issue. The "enable all features" button appears at the top and can be clicked. The list of files is shown at the top and the document at the bottom. This is observable in version 20.012.20041

Observed result:
    Acrobat opens with both the list of files and the document completely blank. The "enable all features" button appears, but does nothing when clicked…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Starred Files disappear bug

My starred files disappear; this is the 2nd or 3rd time it has happened.

Frustrated, so I updated to release 2020.009.20067.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Retaining Hyperlinks and Fonts when converting MS Word document to PDF

Software Used:
    MS Word for Mac: Version 16.32
    Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017: Version 2017.011.30166

Issue:

When converting a word document with hyperlinked text, a problem emerges. When using the "print to PDF" option in MS Word, the resulting PDF does not retain the hyperlinks contained in the original document. When using the "Save As PDF" function, there is a dual issue. If the "Best for printing" option is used, the resulting PDF does not retain the hyperlinks from the original document. If the "Best for electronic distribution and accessibility" option is used, the resulting PDF…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support Linux

The linux community would really like to have at least the minimal support you used to provide.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Why cant I easily email pdf without using acrobart email

Very hard to send pdf attached to my usual email. This is a very badPractice, trying to force users to use the system. Hate this way of doing businesss

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Interactive Chart or Graph

I would like to have the option to create an interactive chart or graph, like you can create in Excel or or Numbers, where a user can enter information and the graph changes accordingly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. remove "Try Acrobat PC Pro" button

Please please give us an option to remove the terrible "Try Acrobat PC Pro" blue button in the tabs bar. There is already more than enough ads for it everywhere: in the tools sidebar on the right, on the home screen, etc.

This button is taking up so much space that could be used to show more tabs! I'm so used to using Adobe and I like it but I think I will switch to another reader if this button is not removed. I even tried installing an older version of acrobat (which was a pain just to find it)…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Get rid of the artifacts in Distiller PDF's

PDF's created with Acrobat & Distiller leave unwanted artifacts that can be seen in most PDF preview apps, specially email programs & also Reader. This prevents our customers from approving our PDF's. However, PDF's created from Illustrator do NOT have these visible artifacts. Our work flow is built around Distiller to create proofing PDF's & this is a PITA to do from Illustrator. In the attached file keylines of the logo can be seen thru the product

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base