Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. reboot

Acrobat is an application and as such, I should not need to reboot the computer when it updates. I have lost information twice now. I will now block it from updating.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. As everyone has said, the tools and overall layout is a nightmare.

Why cant I zoom out of the default oversize document? Whose grandmother set these defaults?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide a way to remove/move Request for signatures button in Office Home ribbon

In a recent update, Adobe Acrobat added 2 buttons in Microsoft Office applications to "Request for Signatures" and "Create and Share Adobe PDF".

This integration doesn't appear in the Ribbon or in the Add-ins list, so currently there is NO way to remove/move those buttons. It is a significant problem when you work with documents side by side or in lower resolution displays because they take too much space in the ribbon and force other more important buttons/groups to collapse/hide.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to Hide Bookmarks Panel for all PDFs

Using: Acrobat Pro DC

Request: Ability to set a global setting that hides the bookmarks panel whenever a new PDF is opened, as opposed to having to navigate to the initial view settings for each file and then save it.

Reason: I open a lot of PDF files from emails, as I'm sure thousands of other people do, with no intention of saving it in that instance. Or files from the internet, again with no intention of saving it. This is to VIEW the file and find content relevant to the task in hand. Having the bookmarks panel occupy a…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Convert html to pdf on Mac

Please allow html to be created as clickable pdfs on a Mac. The documentation you provide says it can be done on Firefox but that is false. Wasted hours with your support folks before they said it can't be done.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Acrobat Pro DC latest update has severe slowing down problems

Acrobat Pro DC latest update has severe slowing down problems. Too often am I waiting for the "not responding" notice. !?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "insufficient data for an image" can't even Print

i download PDF notes from online institution for a regular basis. i got this error few months earlier which was like 1 in a 100 PDF files.i could not able to see the diagram in the file as well as couldn't print that either. i ignored but now i see it again even after getting the latest update available. i searched for a online solution but i think you never had solved this problem. do you know the funny think ,Chrome, Microsoft edge even a simple program can load that PDF file successfully but you..what a pity!!! i am posting…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Devise easy conversion of 2 column PDF text to single column would make read out loud more useful.

A tool for single click conversion of 2-column text to ingle column text would make the read out loud more useful. Have I missed such a tool? Does such a tool already exist? MS word read out loud evidently suffers from the same problem.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stay signed in

Until recently I've had the ability to sign in and stay signed in all day. Now I'm signed out every 30 minutes, which is a huge annoyance since I'm on and off Adobe Sign all day.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. permit installing acrobat reader on another drive than c:

automatic installation procedure on drive c:
    Why not permit installation on another drive?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can't save PDF

Cannot save PDF - File - save as - comes up blank - also unable to email from app. MACOS Catalina ver. 10.15.1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create multiple pdfs crashes

Acrobat Pro DC latest version on Windows 10 (latest). after creating about 20 pdfs it catches out simply closing acrobat. Have same problem on multiple PCs. Has been happening for 6 months or so. Before that I could create 100s without a problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi

Thanks for sharing the steps. We are aware of a similar issue with OneDrive files and are working on fixing it.
    Can you check if you can convert Office files kept in OneDrive by right-click menu and the PDF gets created. Does the Office app remain open or does it get closed?

Thanks
    Tanvi

13. Bug: Gibberish when using ' or & in subject when sending for signature

When a ' or & is in the subject field when sending a document for signature, those characters come through as gibberish on the other end. This only happens when sending from the Acrobat pro dc desktop client.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Keeps closing and losing my work.

Very frustrated with Acrobat at the moment, I reguluarly save my work but every now and then it just randomly closes down! Sometimes it recovers what I do and other times like now has just lost it.
    Why is a service I am paying for work worse than a Microsoft product that can have auot save... and doesen't just randomly close throughout the day. Very annoyed. This issue needs to be fixed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Unable to delete a file after opening in Adobe acrobat DC and then closing it unless I close the whole program

If I wish to delete a file which has been opened and then closed in Adobe Acrobat DC, I need to close the Adobe program to delete the file. Without closing the Adobe, I cannot delete the file. It says "cannot delete the file as it is open in Adobe Acrobat DC"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Setting Defaults for Page Viewing in Acrobat DC desktop

Cannot find how to set a default so that one can view PDF's with multiple pages in a certain setting. Right now the default is 174% and that doesn't work for what I need. I need to see more of the document at a glance, so I have to manually change it to 75% or 100% every time after I extract a page. Please make it easier to set a default

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I have anemail - ID - Password cannot log in

Please do not make me change the flaming password AGAIN please help THIS TIME

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Hello, I made the document accessible. All items are tagged, including proper reading order, but a screen reader ignores the reading order.

Hello,
    I made the document accessible. All items are tagged, including proper reading order, but a screen reader ignores the reading order. Would appreciate help

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. A) Auto clean up after an install or update. Including older versions of Creative Cloud.

A) Auto clean up after an install or update. Including older versions of Creative Cloud.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bug - Portfolio Opens in Small Window

Acrobat DC Standard 2015 updated to v2015.006.30505. Following this update, portfolio files open in a very small window regardless of the size of the Acrobat window. Have to resize window every time a portfolio is opened in order to view it. Problem only affects portfolio files, regular pdf's are not impacted.
    Portfolio properties are not set to Resize to Initial View.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base