Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10832 results found

1. I often need to add dashed lines and arrows in my document, But since there are none of such features I need to use the free hand drawing tool which costs me a lot of time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Adobe Why is Arabic not supported?
    May I have a supported app. Can I have an app that is supported in Arabic? I am a subscriber. I pay sums of money monthly
    And the application in which I pay sums of money does not have an Arab

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be nice to be able to change the file name using without leaving the full screen mode in adobe. Also a "recent documents" dropdown module or menu near the top right that shows a list of the most recently accessed documents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When pasting pictures/screenshots, the size of the pic is always exceeding the boundary of the paper size, but when you are trying to resize it, Acrobat can auto-fit into the width/height of the picture corresponding to the page size. I recommend resizing the picture in the first place when initially pasting it to the doc, that would save a lot of time. 

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently only one file can be shared at a time, but it often makes sense to share multiple files. Add the ability to share multiple files with one link.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I often works with mixed size documents. I have document set on Fit Width or Fit Visible and it is at about 80%. Then I hit a page in landscape, and it is still Fit Width or Fit Visible but my view is at about 30%. Then I scroll down to regular portrait, and I am still at Fit Width or Fit Visible but I remain at 30% so I have to MANUALLY adjust it. I usually pick the other of the two - Fit Width or Fit Visible - and I am back at 80%. Can you make Fit…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I need to be able to protect PDFs on my Mac from editing BUT allow annotations. We have tried taking the following steps...

We saved a Word doc as pdf on Mac, uploaded it to Adobe Pro, in 'allow changes' chose commenting, filling in form fields, and signing existing signature fields.

We then sent the protected pdf to various devices.

Recipients were prompted to enter a password in order to annotate on Samsung Tablet and Ipad.

Surely, allowing annotation while protecting the pdf from editing is much in demand these days, in particular in the education field where students are…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When we create documents in InDesign using interactive buttons, there are usually unmarked annotation errors in Acrobat's accessibility checker. This happens when the buttons are on master pages or when they're not included within the Articles panel.

As well as fixing this, it would be really helpful and time-saving to be able to search for all the unmarked annotations using the search function within the Acrobat Tags panel, and tag them all at once, rather than having to find and tag them one by one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently you cannot add comments to the document when signing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I sign many documents that have multiple signature lines throughout the document. I read the first section and click sign ... no problems (#1). Then I read the second section. Once I'm comfortable with the text, I click to sign (#2) and it moves me back to my previous signature (#1). I have to scroll back down to the second signature line again and click to sign it again (my previous attempt did not sign, it just moved me backwards in the document). I spent an hour on the phone with support and they said the feature is only meant…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I should be able to attach a doc, xls or any file type in a document for signing. It would be nice if I send a document for signing with the original source together with it, would it not?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow the possibility of moving the Find Dialog Box out of the text window. As it is, the the box obscures part of the text I'm reading, which I find very annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The text reader in MacOS is not a typical screen reader, but it does provide easy, fast access to spoken content from on-screen text. Unfortunately, it does not work with Adobe Acrobat. Ideally, it would speak selected text with a keyboard shortcut, but only reads the document name in Adobe Acrobat. The Acrobat screen reader is difficult to use, does not read selected text, and often fails due to pdf accessibility issues.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bug/Problem:

When opening Large encrypted documents ( eg. 15.000 pages ) Acrobat is really slow compared to other PDF-readers. ( Soda/Foxit )
    (large documents eg. 50.000 pages dosen't open at all.)

i have attached a realy simple large PDF document encrypted and signed - to illustrate the problem. ( opening time on my PC > 10 minutes - Other readers opens the file in < 30 Sec )

PASSWORD => owner

Version:
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (2021.005.20060
    ( Same issue found in PRO reader. )

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There should be an option to change the date format of Audit Trail. Currently it is set as YYYY MM DD
    Due to this, documents are being rejected in UK Courts, as they need it in DD MM YYYY format.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When I ran a scan and ocr on my document, almost all the pages were blank after the scanning. before scanning the text and images were still visible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have had problem with several files becoming corrupted by using Reflow View. Two things happen:
    1. Some pages get "stuck" in reflow even after closing and reopening the file.

2. The format of some pages changes to Portrait or other design changes occur.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Rae,
    I checked the details provided by you. There is no issue here. If you open the original file and click on Actual Size in menu, you will see the same exact view that you see after reflow. The view is actually shown in actual size after reflow.
    Keep the view in Zoom to Page Level to see the full page view.

Please confirm if this resolves your concerns.

Thanks
    Rachit

18. I am a photographer, (amongst other things), and want to use an Adobe product to create a photography consent form to be used in situations such as festivals and concerts. The key is, I want to be able to simply scan a person’s ID using OCR to fill the form, and then get a signature. A 30 second process, instead of 5 minutes babysitting someone filling out a form manually on an iPad. There are much lesser companies offering forms that can be filled out with OCR, but being an Adobe user, I am very surprised this functionality does not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the functionality of a multiple choice drop down box to allow users to enter a number of options and have more than one selected. This should be available via list boxes however it does not work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can we have a 'Save' option in the window where you reduce the file size/save the file as a different name? It seems a waste of time that the designated folder path is already highlighted, then you have to click on it again to initiate the save process and it then pops up the window AGAIN to show you the pathway. Surely, if the pathway is already highlighted, you should have the option to just save the file directly to it?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?