Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10743 results found

1. When converting documents that contain embedded documents to PDF, the final product should keep those embedded documents intact instead of converting them to images - forcing you to go back one by one and reembed the document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make it easy to select the select as default cursor when opening documents.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It be nice to have a Trim View display option similar to the Trim View display option in Illustrator. This view would temporarily hide the bleed and slug areas of the page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Cannot change fill color to transparent ("no color") using the new tools.
    Only way to do it is to go into the properties via right click or Ctrl+E.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I’m trying to edit Javascript in an external editor. This has worked for years until just now. I’ve tried Brackets and TextWrangler with the same failure. Acrobat launches the external editor, and waits until the editor process is no longer running. This means that you actually have to quit the editor after saving the document in order to make Acrobat respond to your input again. This is fine, it has always worked in the past. But now when I quit the external editor, Acrobat remains unresponsive because it's waiting for the external editor to close, even though it’s already closed.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I was disappointed to learn that you had to be an Acrobat 2017 or later user to get upgrade pricing on Acrobat 2020. As a loyal user of Acrobat 2015, this was a bit insulting to me. I learned that this is coded into the software registration process and nothing can be done about it by the Customer Care agents.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When autosave is turned on Acrobat periodically writes .tmp files to the autosave location containing annotations since the last time the file was saved. If Acrobat is forced to quit without saving the open file, upon restart it detects the presence of the .tmp file and offers to restore the changes. At that point that .tmp file is still in the autosave folder.

Immediately after the user accepts that offer, Acrobat deletes the .tmp file and returns an error saying the file cannot be found or read and as a result all changes have been lost.

This problem has existed…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am a musician who is beginning to use Adobe Acrobat DC to annotate scores. All music notation software (that I'm aware of) integrates continuous horizontal scrolling between pages, reflecting the way that sheet music is actually read. Without being able to scroll horizontally in Adobe Acrobat DC, annotating music scores is very cumbersome as one has to re-find staves when scrolling vertically and cannot make annotations across pages.

My feature request is the implementation of both horizontal scrolling and continuous horizontal scrolling between pages as an additional method of page navigation. Being such a simple feature, I'm sure it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There has been an update that happened between 4/15/21 and 4/16/21. I use the Document Cloud daily to combine PDFs and there was a change/update that took place that now makes the task daunting. It was much smoother prior to today.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. the option always comes up flatbed. when I change it to document feeder, it only scans one page even though all pages go through the feeder,. I am using Windows 10 64 bit, and Brother MFC L2710DW scanner.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have Acrobat Pro Dc and I have a question that I want to ask the community as the help desk is already closed at 5pm. But from all the logo's I could not directly know on which one to click because nowhere I could find Acrobat Pro Dc. Please make things easier for everyone so we can post our questions at the right place. Maybe you can put a filter function so that we can put Acrobat Pro Dc and so we can come directly in contact with people who know a lot about pro dc and can help…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi,

After the recent update, I can no longer add text in the Thai language. The program just insistently freezes and closes whenever I try to add text in Thai. It used to work well in the version before 2021 updates. Please fix it soon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When we change the reading order in Accessibility of images in a scanned and OCR'd document, the image becomes a grey or white box and no longer shows the image if we move it in the reading order. If you move it back to the original location in the reading order, the grey box disappears. If you save it once the grey box appears, it's permanent. We have tried working with support and they've witnessed the issue happen. The open case may be under cheil@wooster.edu but I don't have the case number handy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you, I believe the issue is resolved on your side.

Please connect with us incase you need any help. Also please checkout the latest features by updating to the latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

14. I would like to be able to distribute a fillable PDF form through a QR code.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Creating pdf's used to be simple. I know because I have used acrobat for 30 years. It has become a complete mess. I have tried for 30 minutes to add jpegs to a single pdf and it is still not right. Get some UX people who really know how to communicate. I can't believe how difficult this simple task has become. Sorry but it is true. I have the Adobe Creative Suite so I'm not unfamiliar with adobe. I have used photoshop for 20 years, illustrator for 20 years, premiere pro, InDesign for as long as it has been out,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In the latest update to Adobe sign, you've done something to the document processing font. It's now very hard to read. Not everyone who uses this software has 20/20 vision. Please use a bolder more legible font (or return it to the previous font being used, which was fine).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. while editing pdf bill for figures i have to copy numbers from excel and paste it into pdf in edit mode .Earlier it was working but recent version is not working as i paste the number at desired location number jumps to elsewhere. Earlier it was working ok. i have to switch to older version

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Why was I told an error had occured where do I go for help[

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can someone from Adobe post and say if this will be changed in the next update? It is completely UNBELIEVABLE that software is "updated" to make it more difficult to use and hinder our workflow IMMENSELY! I cannot imagine how a beginner user could use this. I'd like to know if this will change because I'm considering alternative PDF creation software and will cancel my subscription to Acrobat and I don't want waste time to learn to use a new application if this will be corrected soon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?