Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10780 results found

1. When using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to scan a document using a HP OfficeJet Pro 9022 I receive the error message "The Selected Color Format is not Supported" after the page is scanned. A file is not produced.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hi, any idea what the error is relating to this PDF? It was created in adobe acrobat pro, but once filled and png signature image applied over the top of pdf the file shows the error pictured. The pdf previews perfect in every other PDF reader known to man apart from adobe acrobat dc and pro. HELP please. :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can Adobe DC put in a presentation module. Whereby I can present documents, zoom in on paragraphs, highlight sentences with a plain black or white background. Remove any tool bars or menus. Allow the user to activate the presentation mode from any document. All user to key in a file name and have it bring up the document in this presentation mode. I am trial presentation consultant and currently have to use third party software that can't handle PDF's the main legal way of storing and producing legal documents. The attached file shows a sample of what is needed. This…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In line with Salesforce app development best practices, the Apex pages managed by the Adobe Sign app should use field sets so that we can add functionality to the existing managed visual force pages.

In particular we have a requirement to change the AgreementEditor apex page to display the related ServiceContract rather than Contact, Account, or Contract.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The new updates have been doing only harm to the software. It has become painstakingly slow. I normally have 5-6 (min) PDFs open at all times and search through them for keywords. After the recent update, it has been very slow, sometimes showing results on blank pages, even though there is actual content.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like to be able to put very specific tools on the home page, such as Bates numbering, Redact, or OCR. Not just the Edit Icon but very specifically an icon that will go straight into Bates. Four clicks are too many when you work in law firm and are using Bates constantly.

I see now the "Recommended" tools, and I expected those to "learn" which tools I used the most, but I haven't seen that yet.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. PDFMOutlookCore.dll bug

2. Since last out of cycle update on 2020-12-07 (also timestamp of the PDFMOutlookCore.dll the PDFMaker Add-in in Outlook works only shortly after Reboot for a few PDFs and then stops working, it then creates empty portfolios (see attached test.PDF) or pretents to do something but does not write any data/file to a PDF. PDF-Printing via Adobe-PDF still works from Outlook, but our Users are used to get their Work done exporting E-Mails via PDFMaker Add In.

3. Environment: Windows Server 2016 Standard as Terminal Server/Remote Desktop Services, MS Office Standard 2019, Adobe Acrobat Standard DC continuous release, all in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Situation
    A fillable PDF was created to be used as a template when bidding jobs. The PDF was placed on OneDrive and the permissions were changed to read only as to not be able to save over the blank template. When the file is open on a PC with the Acrobat DC application, the file works as intended and the user is forced to "save as" and not allowed to overwrite the blank template. When opened on an iPhone or iPad, the read only permission is completely overridden and the blank template is allowed to be edited and overwritten.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Text in PDFs is too light--much harder to read than in older versions of Acrobat Pro. Zooming in doesn't help. Please restore darker text to make documents legible without eyestrain!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you, I believe the issue is resolved on your side.

Please connect with us incase you need any help. Also please checkout the latest features by updating to the latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

10. I am trying to use Acrobat Fill and Sign feature to send documents to clients for signature. I go to send them and I get "Invalid JSON" as an error message. It kills to progress to the Fill and Sign process and brings me back to a fresh document. I am using this file created in Acrobat.

I add two email addresses, add my own form language for the email description and body as I need to give info on other processes, and then click Continue and it gives the error message

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Eric,

Thanks for reporting the issue and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I tired locally and was successfully able to send the file for Signature. Could you please confirm the following :

1. Do you see the same error with every PDF file or with this file only?
    2. Do you observe the error with this file when you do not change the subject/body with your own language?
    3. Also are you using English or some other language for Subject/Body? Did you use any special characters?

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

11. I trying the Adobe Acrobat DC Pro for the signature. See attached snapshot. It gives me a forbidden error and loops on the error that is difficult to get out of. Please fix bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Windows 10 Pro 2004 19041.630
    From Windows Explorer right clicked a pdf that was created from Brother iPrint&Scan. File size was 6.5MB. File menu -> Compress PDF. Save in same folder same name. Compressing worked, new file size 1.6MB. Close Tab/file. Right click in Windows Explorer and open another PDF file which was also created from Brother iPrint&Scan. File size 7.6MB. File menu Compress PDF. Select same folder/name click yes to over right. Error File is already compressed to maximum.... I know that can't be true. Closed Acrobat Pro. Edit/Open file as above. repeat process. Success new file size 1.7MB

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When you try to split a document using the bookmarks names as the names of the new pdfs being created, if now there is this character '/' in a bookmark name it will throw a "The file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder" kind of error.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make the application, file, and window icon the same. Personal preference is the easier to see red version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide ability to change the color of the highlighter tool other than just allowing for yellow. For someone who reads legal documents all day long, it is important to have the ability to change the color of the highlighter.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Simple. An option to say that "this document does not allow digital signatures", and another that prevents users from doing sign and fill functions so they can't inject or insert a drawn or imported signature.

This is because we have a form that we have applicants fill, but it must be signed and initialed by hand. Applicants left unsupervised do lots of things we don't want them to do.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When a file is opened, it automatically starts to prepare content which stalls and slows. How do I turn off this feature?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?