Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10706 results found

1. Saving a file with multiple pdfs open. The idea would be similar to Sheets in Excel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Adobe Sign should go straight to the More options pop up. It should at least be an options selection to always go to More Options first. I should not have to request it every single time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It is very common to share PDF documents during a presentation, and Acrobat Reader always attempts to open the document with large toolbars that interfere with the presentation. It is not sufficient to be able to set a given document to open in full screen, as whether or not a document needs to be opened in full screen depends on where it's being opened from. This needs to be available as an Open Action like page number or zoom level.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When sending a signature request, email does not reach the recipient. Usually whenever I sent out a doc for signature, I will get an email that ut has sent out. Since 1st Oct neither I get any email nor the recipent recieve any request to sign off.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have a 40-page InDesign document with 2 sections and I'm using a different section prefix for both. I export the full document as PDF and clone it, then I just delete the 20 unwanted section/pages from each. However, upon deleting the continuous pages, for some reason it leaves the last page undeleted and gives an error saying "One or more pages are in use and could not be deleted". This has never happened before. Of course I have to click on the page's thumbnails to select them for deletion. It looks like a very annoying bug.

I've uploaded the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When requesting signatures, the next screen does not load

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If a user saves an ai file as pdf (for example) and a "view pdf after saving" is selected, the pdf opens in Acrobat - but, the file DOES NOT update if the pdf is left open and the file is saved over. I personally do this probably 20+ times a day as a I tweak a file.

Acrobat could have a setting "update open files." Many of us use acrobat as a final visual proof before sending to clients, currently we have to close, open/find to view files after save-overs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For Windows PC, please provide a General Preference Option to close/exit the Acrobat Pro DC program when closing the only open tab/document.

We open a document then review, save and close it. The program window remains open thus blocking the desktop and forcing us to exit the program manually. While that sounds like a minor inconvenience or inconsequential, in reality its very frustrating and time consuming. We consider it to be a Quality of Life issue that disrupts workflow processes and would like to see it resolved.

An option to "Minimize window on final document/tab exit and maximize window…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Typing into the text while the comment menu is open usually activates the relevant comment tools (eg. striketrough, add text etc.) but this function seems to be broken since the last update.
    Working like this – having to choose a new tool each time from the menu (three mouse clicks as opposed to no clicks) – is highly frustrating when you use Acrobat for heavy professional editing jobs.
    This is my main use of acrobat. Please fix asap.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When I'm reviewing my highlights in the Comments pane and want to highlight something, keyboard clicking U instead creates a new comment. When I first select something and then click U.. it's striken through instead of highlighted? That is the opposite of what I'm trying to achieve!

I have to first cursor-select the Highlight tool to be able to properly keyboard switch again between other tools. I understand that giving U different functions in different contexts makes sense but this very much seems to be a bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If you're using the darkmode, all the images turning to black and white. It is unpractical if you're reading a paper with some color-coded diagrams in it.
    Suggestion: implement an option, do change the behavior of the darkmode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Microsoft Edge overwrites the default pdf program no matter how many times you change it back. You cannot even delete Edge to get it to stop doing it. Microsoft denied that it is possible for their program to change my default app without my permission when I contacted their tech support. Adobe should sue Microsoft. This is very frustrating, especially when you paid for the program and Microsoft can do this without your permission.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This bug is discussed extensively here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/acrobat-pro-crashing-constantly-on-m1-mac/td-p/12215734

Steps to reproduce:
    - Open a file with Adobe Acrobat
    - Interact with the PDF viewer such as opening document properties, etc
    - After a couple of seconds, Acrobat does not respond and will have to be force closed.

Environment:
    Device: MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)

Architecture: arm64
    Processor: Apple M1
    Build: 21.7.20096.454274
    AGM: 4.30.110
    CoolType: 6.0.0
    JP2K: 2.0.1.49214

Expected Result:
    - Acrobat functionality works

Observed Result:
    - Program does not respond after a couple of seconds of interacting with the application.

Please refer to the discussion…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We need to be able to sign documents greater than 10GB, we were unable to sign our Corporation tax return and large legal agreements. It is not appropriate to only send the signature page (which we would need to purchase another Adobe product to delete the pages)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. 비디오 추가 후 블랙화면
      비디오 추가 시 <미디어에서 포스터 검색>으로 설정하였음에도 영상 첫 장면이 아닌, 블랙화면으로 제시됨

2. 영상 종료 후 2차 재생 불가
      영상이 끝까지 재생되어 종료되고 난 후, 재생버튼이 나타나지 않아 영상을 다시 볼 수 없음

3. 버튼 추가 시 미디어재생 동작을 선택할 수 없음
      2번의 문제를 해결하고자 재생/정지 버튼을 추가 하려 했을 때, 동작선택을 <미디어재생(Acrobat 5 호환)>이나 <미디어재생(Acrobat 6 이상 호환)>을 선택하면 아래와 같은 알럿창이 뜸
      "이 페이지에서 선택할 수 있는 Acrobat 5/Acrobat 6 이상 호환 미디어가 없으므로 동작을 만들 수 없습니다."

4. 버튼이 동작하지 않음
      재생/정지 버튼의 동작을 <멀티미디어 작업(Acrobat 9이상)>으로 선택하고 추가했으나, 버튼이 동작하지 않음

5. 영상을 삽입하여 만든…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Software language recognition supports a handful of languages and for example does not support Persian language, does not even recognize some advanced mathematics symbols and has difficulty displaying or editing; In addition, the internal converter of Adobe Acrobat Pro software has important and serious shortcomings, especially by converting PDF to Word without any problems.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please add a nudge amount option for the Edit PDF tool like in Indesign or Illustrator. I am trying to align images to a fold but the current amount is too much. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Links are not working after converting a Word document to a PDF. After much troubleshooting, the cause of the issue is the number of pages. Four or more pages works as expected, three or less does not.

To reproduce the issue, create a Table of Contents at the top of the document that links to the Headers of each section. Then Save As Adobe PDF. The expected result is that the Table of Contents will still contain links to the Headers of each section as bookmarks in the new PDF. The observed result is that the links are broken if…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi There,

I am not sure if I am posting this under the correct category as there does not seem to be one that matches my issue / suggestion.

I work for a Staffing and Recruiting company as a recruiter. As such, I look at many resumes that people send to me via email. Most of them are in .PDF format. Because I call people and leave messages for them to call me back, I often have multiple resumes open at once in case they call me back to discuss a job opportunity. I have them open to save time…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Splitting documents by specific range of pages.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?