Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10690 results found

1. I'm working everyday with thousands of PDF files for our repository www.ceeol.com. To maintain my overview in WINDOWS-Explorer, quite often I have to change the file names of the PDF-filess. For example, if I've downloaded 100 PDF-documents from a web page, which are a series of numbered documents, then I want to include the numbering in the file name. To do this, I have to open the files, read the number in the document, close the file again and then rename it accordingly.
    PROBLEM:
    Renaming is not possible because ADOBE-Acrobat does not release the file, even if I close…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hi! Since this September update, Interactive PDFs are functioning correctly on Macs. Rollovers don't work, everything is lagging like crazy. Initially I thought it may be an indesign export issue, but opening previously working older interactive PDFs (that worked perfectly) the problem seems to be an Acrobat issue.
    This has been tested on a number of different Macs through the studio - iMacs, MacBooks of various builds, years, operating systems and capabilities - all with the same Acrobat version and same problem. Any ideas?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A few days ago Adobe Acrobat updated, and now the File > Save As dialog box comes up blank. Now I am reduced to just saving the file and then saving it to a another file pathname using Windows Explorer. :-(

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Roland,

Thanks for trying out the latest update and apologies for the inconvenience caused. We are investigating the issue and will release a fix soon.

Regards,
    Sandeep

4. This expensive piece of software really is often total garbage. Gone through redacting information from 52 pages, applied it and the thing spazzes out and puts black lines everywhere that wasn't even selected.

What the ****?

Thought, ah, must just be something tricky with the PDF so I printed to PDF to flatten it, did it again and it just got worse!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The batch OCR feature is simply not fit for purpose and needs completely replacing.

1. When performing a batch OCR the application is entirely locked into the process and is unable to do any other tasks. Acrobat installs itself as the default PDF viewer, so you cannot even view a PDF by default when the OCR process is running. There needs to be a way to run these batch processes as true background tasks that do not interfere with other Acrobat functions, or the ability to open multiple instances of Acrobat.

2. The batch process will often crash without warning or error…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. User has a Citrix virtual desktop with a USB HP printer connected to a Thin Client, and redirected into the Citrix desktop using the Citrix Universal Printer.
    Prior to this version, opening a PDF and printing to that redirected printer presented no problem. On this most recent version it does with a quick "The document could not be printed" error and then it spits out a blank page.
    Ideally I'd like to get my hands on 20.005.20058 to verify this, but I cannot find the full download now. I have however installed an older version 15.*** and this prints just…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Call @: 888-409-0908

Visit Our Website: https://www.webupro.com/how-to-sbcglobal-email-settings/

Learn here how to set up SBCGlobal email settings Thunderbird. For instant help chat or call with Emailsfix expert.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Call @: 888-409-0908

Visit Our Website: https://www.webupro.com/how-to-reset-aol-password/

It can be a hassle to reset your AOL password. here's some helpful tips to assist you with resetting your AOL password.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Several major bugs have been documented by users in the Adobe Community Forums since Acrobat and PDF Maker were updated on September 14, 2021.

They are:

1: Alt-Text from MS Word is not converting into the PDF. Instead, it is dropped and gibberish code is inserted. See https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/alt-text-converting-wrong-from-word-to-pdf/m-p/12393017 This violates the PDF/UA-1 standard which requires that every graphic have alt-text that verbally describes the graphic.

THIS IS A HUGE BUG. You essentially have made Acrobat unusable for those who are required by their country's laws to make fully accessible PDFs.

2: Every cell border on every table cell is being…

230 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for raising these accessibility issues. The post mentions about the following six bugs being introduced with the update that went live on September 14, 2021

1: Alt-Text from MS Word is not converting into the PDF. Instead, it is dropped and gibberish code is inserted
    2: Every cell border on every table cell is being tagged as <P>PathPathPathPath
    3: The underline on Hyperlinks should be tagged as artifacts
    4: Borders and background shadings on Text Boxes are being tagged as a combination of <Figure>s and PathPathPath
    5: Paragraph borders and shadings: same deal as #4 above.Per the PDF/UA-1 standard, they are visually decorative and should be artifacted
    6: Dragging and dropping elements in both the Tag and Order panels is now broken.

Would like to mention that out of these, #1 and #6 were introduced with the Sep 14 update and remaining (#2, #3, #4 & #5)…

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I open my PDF file and when I try to digitally sign it the program asks me to draw the space where I want my signature and then it turns this grey colour, as if something should have popped up but it didn't. It's vital that I can digitally sign documents. Thanks for your help.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In an interactive PDF created from InDesign, interactive buttons do not load the destination page correctly when the PDF is viewed using the newest version of Acrobat or Acrobat Reader on a Mac.

Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1)Create a 2 page document in InDesign
    2)Fill the second page with placeholder text
    3)Create a bookmark for the second page
    4)Create a button on the first page
    5)Set the button event to On Click
    6)Set the button action to Go To Destination
    7)Set the destination to the bookmark you created in step 3
    8)Export an interactive PDF
    9)Open the PDF and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'm having trouble with pdf portfolio keeping the same print setting for all of the documents in the portfolio. For example, I may have 28 pdf files in the portfolio and I want each file to print front to back and staple. It will print the first file to spec, but the subsequent files will print single-sided or front to back without stapling. How do I change this? Those in my office who use a pc do not have this problem.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Windows 10 (Lenovo PC). Is the point of using the Adobe Authentication App to cofirm access when logging in not intended to make use of a password unnecessary? When logging in, we are asked to confirm on the app and then asked for the password. If a password is always going to be required, then the (mis-)information in the motivation for using the App needs to be updated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Why no confirmation when a shared file is read,
    This is one of the main reasons we subscribed, and now the feature has been removed?
    is it coming back?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 10-14, 96-103, 108-115, 127-135, 146-153 It would be helpful if we could split pdf with page range like above. It will create separate pdf for every page range. This feature is available in Nitro pdf. Foxit users also can do this with extract feature. Please consider this feature .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please, please, please make it so that I can split a pdf into individual pages and retain each individual page's thumbnail name! I do not want 100 pages named the same thing and just numbered 1-100. This would be so helpful in construction/architecture/engineering. The thumbnails are usually all named exactly what I need all the individual pages to be. Instead, I have to split document and then go back and rename them all to match thumbnails again. Would be such a time saver since it is already done by architects releasing the document!!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Before an update is rolled out, third-party providers, e.g. for plugins, must be informed in advance about the content of the update so that there can't be any production downtimes!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. cant see the selection cube when selecting items or text, here a link to a video that illustrate the problem:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ky2zwbP8wk
    the version is: 21.007.20091
    please help i cant work like this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)