Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10846 results found

1. I build most of my presentation decks in Illustrator and export to PDF for Acrobat. It would be useful to have my cursor act like a red-dot laser pointer for presentations.

Now that so many meetings are remote (Zoom) it would be nice to have more robust presentation features.

PowerPoint has this feature, but I hate PowerPoint.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I ALWAYS want page thumbnails visible. Please make this a preference so I don't have to turn them on every single document every single day!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. "Add Checkmark" does not work. also, the entire interface is super sluggish. I mean, super sluggish.

Architecture: x86_64
    Processor: Intel
    Build: 21.7.20091.452411
    AGM: 4.30.110
    CoolType: 6.0.0
    JP2K: 2.0.1.49214

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (21.007.20099) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. You may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html
    Please try it out and let us know your feedback!
Thanks for your patience and support!

Regards,

Arvind

4. For the last two weeks or since the last "visible" Acrobat Pro update, the Comment Set Status flyouts don't show up at all (but sometimes they do). Turning on the check box in the app preferences does not "wake up" the feature (an idea of mine that did not work ...besides, trying to toggle the check box is also dead). I had posted this problem here already (see below) but the Admin, Arvind, marked it "solved" because I told him it was... but it was not.

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/44150748-set-status-dead-after-latest-update

This issue seems to show up intermittently; sometimes, it resolves itself after relaunching…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Is it possible to rewrite the code so the header can show CUI in the header (ie, “CUI-Privacy/SP”)
    instead of Privacy\General Privacy-Specified which is currently showing and non-compliant with NARA requirements?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Update on Acrobat Pro, version 2021.007.20091 now does not display selections made by Pitstop Pro.
    No options on either software has changed, selections are still made and information about the selections shows on the Inspector window, full functionality of Pitstop Pro remains, however Acrobat will not visually display the highlighted items.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. After receiving an invitation to sign, on the signing web page, if I choose "decline to sign", then typed the reasons, the "Cancel"and "Decline" bottom (which turns in blue") cannot be clicked by a mouse.

the bottoms can still be selected by using "tab" key.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When the comment pane is sorted by date, the date group heading shows one day earlier than the actual date of the comments.
    A comment dated "Jun 26" will show under a group heading of "6/25/2020"
    A comment dated today (showing a time only, no date) will be grouped under a date heading "9/25/2021" (when the date is actually 9/26/2021).
    Steps:
    Create a comment (sticky note or add note to replace text)
    Sort comments by date
    Expected: today's comment 5:16 pm grouped under "9/26/2021"
    Actual: today's comment 5:16 pm grouped under "9/25/2021"
    Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (32-bit) Continuous Release Version…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I can't seem to add a @ in the signers field, I use a french keyboard layout on windows 10.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The issue has been fixed as part of the latest Update. Kindly go to Help > Check for Updates.

Do let us know in case of any concerns.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

10. The ability to manipulate and edit the text in the text boxes is SOOOOO hard, I apply changes and they never take, I attempted to click on a current location on the text box and the box is not active by the time I attempt to type. I am to the point I have to RE-TYPE THE ENTIRE TEXT BOX JUST TO CORRECT OR ADD ONE THING. I don to think it should be so hard to do this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When viewing a 3D pdf with Acrobat Pro on a Mac, the image shrinks to the bottom left quarter of the viewing space after activating it. This used to work and may be related to an Acrobat or MacOS update

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. With the selection tool selected and the comments pane open, you should be able to click and type anywhere in your PDF, and the relevant text edit tool will be applied (strikethrough, replace, insert). This is a great timesaver. On my Mac, though, this works until I press one of the 'problem' keys – such as e, y, i, d, h, j – at which point no mark-up appears and my keyboard is disabled (including the arrow keys) until I close Acrobat and reopen it.
    Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix this bug? It doesn't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The uselessness of the chopped up methodology to customize the quick menu is ridiculous. It would be much simpler if you adopted a process similar to that in Excel. Just where the h3ll is the zoom icon hiding.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Acrobat is not updating the AATL trust list automatically or even asking when a document that is signed is opened.

There is a checkbox under Preferences > General > Trust Manager > The Automatic Adobe Approved Trust List (AATL) updates. Load trusted certificates from an Adobe AATL Server is checked. This is the default when you install acrobat. It however does not update the list. If you uncheck the box, close Acrobat, then open Acrobat check and reclose and open, it works.

Most users won't know to go here and all documents end up looking like they are not valid.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hi all,
    We've tried to add a few metadatas to my PDF file through Indesign (1), such as the title or the author.
    Title works fine, but author does not: to add a second author, I use "," which are converted into ";" right away (2). But when I want to extract pages from the file, all the infos after the first ";" are deleted (3).
    Is there a way to correct this ?
    Thanks
    François

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Windows 10 Enterprise Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043
    Acrobat Standard DC continuous release ver 2021.007.20091
    Monitor 1: 3840 x 2160 (Recommended) scale 200%, Acrobat menu text size looks normal - scrn shot 1
    Monitor 2: 3440 x 1440 (Recommended) scale 100% (Recommended), Acrobat menu text size wrong - scrn shot 2

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I'm working everyday with thousands of PDF files for our repository www.ceeol.com. To maintain my overview in WINDOWS-Explorer, quite often I have to change the file names of the PDF-filess. For example, if I've downloaded 100 PDF-documents from a web page, which are a series of numbered documents, then I want to include the numbering in the file name. To do this, I have to open the files, read the number in the document, close the file again and then rename it accordingly.
    PROBLEM:
    Renaming is not possible because ADOBE-Acrobat does not release the file, even if I close…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi! Since this September update, Interactive PDFs are functioning correctly on Macs. Rollovers don't work, everything is lagging like crazy. Initially I thought it may be an indesign export issue, but opening previously working older interactive PDFs (that worked perfectly) the problem seems to be an Acrobat issue.
    This has been tested on a number of different Macs through the studio - iMacs, MacBooks of various builds, years, operating systems and capabilities - all with the same Acrobat version and same problem. Any ideas?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A few days ago Adobe Acrobat updated, and now the File > Save As dialog box comes up blank. Now I am reduced to just saving the file and then saving it to a another file pathname using Windows Explorer. :-(

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Roland,

Thanks for trying out the latest update and apologies for the inconvenience caused. We are investigating the issue and will release a fix soon.

Regards,
    Sandeep

20. This expensive piece of software really is often total garbage. Gone through redacting information from 52 pages, applied it and the thing spazzes out and puts black lines everywhere that wasn't even selected.

What the ****?

Thought, ah, must just be something tricky with the PDF so I printed to PDF to flatten it, did it again and it just got worse!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?