Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10654 results found

1. When you use Advanced Search, there is an option at the bottom to choose your sort order: you can sort by Filename, Date Modified, Location or Relevance Ranking.

The default is Relevance Ranking, which –to me at least – is by far the least useful, since, unlike the others, it basically reorders the files you’re searching in with every search, so you never know what order your files are going to be in.

And there’s no way to change the default (as acknowledged by an Adobe employee here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/advanced-search-default-sorting-acrobat-pro-dc/m-p/9914022).

And then even if you choose another option, Acrobat FORGETS…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I wish that when I had the hand on to move the document around that the document would not click on or select items on the document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I save a pdf it takes me to the folder where I last saved a pdf instead of the file that I am currently working in. I have lost a lot of files because of this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to get a count of black only pages and a count of pages that contain color within a PDF. This is helpful as a print shop so we can charge appropriately for jobs that have mixed documents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I export the same PDF and get 3 different results, made up special characters replce certain letters or symbols... each line gets converted into a single text box, or I can simply not export at all...

Premiere and Audition only work with older versions, the new ones will not run on any of my 3 PCs... I have a 4000 USD PC, so please don't tell me it is me.,...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I used to be able to print on both sides of my paper with Brother DCP-7065DN. Must have gotten an update because that is no longer offered in print dialog box.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. For automation of pdfs task we use Actions to convert to different types of files (html, doc, docx, etc), but ACROBAT uses the latest save as settings.

For example:
    If I make an Action to convert a bunch of pdfs to html, and I choose the setting without OCR.
    Then I try a manual conversion of a single pdf to html but this time with OCR, when I use the Action the next time it will OCR the PDF even though I didn't want that.
    The settings from Action / Export should be independent from the manual/save as settings.
    This…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. HTML conversion without converting numbers to list, just plain text
    When saving a PDF to HTML, I would like the option to convert it without converting numbers to css counter style, just leave them as plain text, because we have different types of pdfs from different publishers, and most of them do not have a good layout, when we convert them it puts the numers as css style, and when trying to extract the data from html it is a very annoying process to deal with many nested list and different numerotations to put the text back

Examples we can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When saving a PDF to DOC/DOCX, I would like the option to convert it without identifying headers or footers, because we have different types of pdfs from different publishers, and most of them do not have a good layout, when we convert them it puts the repetitive plain text from consecutive pages in headers/footers, this makes the automation process very difficult to work with when you have thousands of pdfs, we can not extract automatically that text from DOC, only manually, needless to say, that doc is very slow in automatic operations.

When saving an Action or just a simple…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The autosave/autorecover feature is malfunctioning. "There was an error opening this document. This file cannot be found" is the message I receive after being prompted to recover document after Windows restarted my computer with an Adobe documents open with unsaved changes. This occurs each time since I upgraded to the Pro version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello,

Just wanted to report this bug. So when I combine a bunch of pdf files I save the combined file using the "print as PDF" function (because some of the files are fillable and I want it "flattened") almost 90% of the times it won't save the file in the first attempts and it will happen in the 2nd or 3rd attempt. 5% of the time the output file only has one page(the first page out of 10-20 pages) so I have to try it again.
    I am using Adobe Acrobat 2021.001.20145 on windows 10

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. While Preparing form When Fields are inserted and signature is assigned to signer, signer 1 and signer 2 then while previewing on requesting signature signer and signer 1 becomes same. If there is no difference between those two then why it is even there. Moreover there is no option of sender in Adobe sign while it is present in fields setting to assign to sender. This is a bug

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please provide a way to keep count of the number of Transactions done. As of right now, we have to actually go through and count every single one of my completed agreements/transactions to find out how many I have so far; as to not exceed my 150 transaction limit.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. On the Windows 10 desktop, if your view option in File Explorer is set to have a preview pane and the file you're working on is selected and being previewed, Acrobat will throw a dialog window that says: "The file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder.".

The preview pane is causing Acrobat to assume the file is in use, which technically it is, but this is a bug that shouldn't cause a file saving error. Selecting another file in File Explorer fixes this…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create a pane that displays the properties of the currently selected object.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Export PDF to TIFF - Option to anti-alias vectors/text. Right now text and vector have jagged edges when using this export function. Rather than having to purchase 3rd party app or using Photoshop, it would be handy to export my TIFF files from a hi res PDF. I am only doing this because InDesign does not offer the ability to export to TIFF.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. All acrobat signing features were disabled on my Acrobat Pro DC, I have looked for a solution online, followed multiple suggestions but nothing worked, today a support agent was able to solve the issue after multiple trials, he was able solve it by simply changing the language to English US.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If I open the comment bar, leave it open until I close it. Why would you think you need to decide when to close a toolbar? If I open it, and close Adobe, I expect it to be visible when I open Adobe the next time. I expect it to be open until I specifically close it. Why would I want to constantly open the only menu I use for 99.99999999% of my menu use in Adobe? And update the time and date on dynamic stamps when I select to insert them again with the "K" keyboard shortcut.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?