Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

11183 results found

1. Current version Adobe Pro crashing on scanning after 5 pages on some users
    Faulting application name: Acrobat.exe, version: 17.11.30127.54368, time stamp: 0x5c68a6cc
    Faulting module name: Acrobat.dll, version: 17.11.30127.54368, time stamp: 0x5c68a6a2
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0003c2ad
    Faulting process id: 0x26b8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4ea3757165205
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 2017\Acrobat\Acrobat.dll
    Report Id: 995f39a0-972b-4112-81b8-525cca3e6d69
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I've seen suggestions for additional features/customization in the Admin Console. I need a field on User records where I can set the office to which a user is assigned.

I need the ability to edit that field because staff are re-assigned and the license cost needs to follow them. Tech Support tells me only the end-user can request changes. My accounting department argues that "administrator" must change that, otherwise staff have the ability to allocate cost to some other group without permission.

The value in the downloaded csv file would support audits by my agency accounting department. Also, that field…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. For a long time (one year), app for Mac, Adobe Acrobat DC do not working properly.

When I working editable files to “Preparing Form”, it is impossible to turn off the color of the Border Color and Fill Color.

There is no NONE color at all, as it was 2 years ago.

Please update app quickly and let me know as soon as possible.

tnx.

greeting

Sandrino Kasić

sandrino.kasic@mccann.hr

McCann
    Zagreb,
    Croatia

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader.

If you want, you may also manually trigger the update by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousoctober2018.html#dccontinuousoctobertwentyeighteen.

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks!

-Bhavna

4. I was just "upgraded" to the new Adobe version. Please restore the Open file button. Dumbest idea ever to remove it and create extra clicks in order to open a file.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. WIN 10 PRO
    32GB RAM
    6 core i7 3.7 GHz
    Nvidia GTX 1070-TI
    (Installed latest versions of: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Acrobat DC, lightroom, Bridge, Audition, Media Encoder)

Since a few days Acrobat DC crashes on startup. I think It might have to do with the fact that I just updated my Windows 10 PRO to the October 2018 release because I think it started crashing since then.

Acrobat DC is completely unusable now.

I have all latest graphic drivers, Windows 10 PRO drivers, and April 2019 release of CC Cloud apps.
    If I uninstall Acrobat DC…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I need to print this file with NO MARGIN!
    The stickers need to be printed right where they are.
    How can I get rid of the margin?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on Windows 10 ver 1803 is unable to print the pdf file. It says "not responding" for an hour. I reboot the computer, restart the program and the same result each time.

Thanks,
    DC

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can no longer select an area to redact -- whole page redacts if I attempt to highlight an area, deleting all content. Worked fine previously; problems arose three months ago. Mac OS 10.11.4

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Every time I've used the Edit feature in the last few weeks, it has corrupted the text. Worked fine before that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sometimes I need to view the bookmarks and attachments at the same time. Please allow multiple selections and more than one tab to open at the same time. Also create a default setting that if a pdf has bookmarks and/or attachments, these tabs automatically open in the initial view. So I don't have to find out if the pdf is bookmarked or has attachments but will know immediately upon opening the file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If I want multiple different footers within 1 document, I have to open the footer each time, be sure to select only the page range for each footer, and enter a starting page number for each. This is extremely aggravating if one of the footers needs to be updated or changed. It would be great to set all the footers at one time and when updating all the footers would be listed, and then you could select the footer that needs to change or update. Also, Is there a way to fix the shrink option to only happen when applying…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. BUG: Can't resize a PDF in one dimension, keeping the other as is. When changing only one dimension it scales the whole pdf proportionally. I want to squash the height or length ONLY without scaling the whole PDF.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The summary of the comments creates a page for each corresponding comment. For example, page 2 has 3 comments, page 6 has one comment, etc. The summary creates a page for the comments on page 2 and page 6. Because the comments already identify the page where they are located, we should be able to simply get a list of all the comments in a document. All comments on 1 page or more if a bunch of comments. In my example, assuming the comments are not lengthy, the summary should generate 1 page with comments consecutively from pages 2 and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please support on-prem Worldox for Shared Review. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have a need to download/save zip files from PDF portfolio to my PC.
    I use the portfolio to make mails arkives. some mails have Zip files attached, thes then become attached in the PDF portfolio. When browsing trough the arkive, i find my self in need to save the zip files to the PC.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have a monthly subscription for Acrobat Professional several of my computers at my business. I have the creative cloud software installed on my system and ir is open and running. Whenever I launch a pdf document when Acrobat is closed, the program opens then freezes for 15 seconds or so while I think the stupid thing is retrieving my subscription for the 1000th today. I don't care about your piracy concerns. I do care that you are wasting my time multiple times per day by having your program freeze for a ******** reason. You should make the program operate…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I open all PDF files just fine. After anywhere from 20 mins to an a couple hours I will receive an error "Insufficient data for an image" and the document goes blank - all pages are white. If I have multiple PDFs open the same thing happens to other files, though may get different error such as "There was an error while reading a stream." but all pages similarly go blank. Have to close all and reopen. Files may or may not have comments in them. Seems to happen to any and all files.

Running Windows 10 Pro, 32 Gb…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently, Adobe Acrobat Pro must be connected directly to the scanning device in order to create PDFs via scanner. Other scanning programs can scan wirelessly, so this should be possible. I'd prefer to use my printer via wifi, but it appears I'll have to connect it via a USB cable only for Acrobat Pro. Would be great if you could add this wifi feature to Acrobat so that this is not required. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When a file is shared using a link in Acrobat Pro DC, the page that opens tries to open the file. The problem with this is that some of the features don't work properly on this page (such as portfolios and initial views within portfolios). Please make the download button more prominent so that user can open the file in the Acrobat software easier.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I'm trying to open a PDF file and it shows me that it's going to open and then nothing happens. I tried to unistall it and then install it and there's always an error appearing saying that I'm not able to have access on this device, path or file and that maybe I don't have the rights.
    (the photo is on greek)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?