Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10534 results found

1. When converting documents that contain embedded documents to PDF, the final product should keep those embedded documents intact instead of converting them to images - forcing you to go back one by one and reembed the document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Make it easy to select the select as default cursor when opening documents.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When autosave is turned on Acrobat periodically writes .tmp files to the autosave location containing annotations since the last time the file was saved. If Acrobat is forced to quit without saving the open file, upon restart it detects the presence of the .tmp file and offers to restore the changes. At that point that .tmp file is still in the autosave folder.

Immediately after the user accepts that offer, Acrobat deletes the .tmp file and returns an error saying the file cannot be found or read and as a result all changes have been lost.

This problem has existed…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I am a musician who is beginning to use Adobe Acrobat DC to annotate scores. All music notation software (that I'm aware of) integrates continuous horizontal scrolling between pages, reflecting the way that sheet music is actually read. Without being able to scroll horizontally in Adobe Acrobat DC, annotating music scores is very cumbersome as one has to re-find staves when scrolling vertically and cannot make annotations across pages.

My feature request is the implementation of both horizontal scrolling and continuous horizontal scrolling between pages as an additional method of page navigation. Being such a simple feature, I'm sure it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adobe Acrobat Standard keeps saying connection status check your internet connection can't verify subscription. Password is correct. Spoke with support and because we have Trend AV apparently this is a known issue. Need a fix ASAP

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have been using Adobe products for Graphic Design and Publishing work for many years, and for most of it my co-workers and I have stuck to paper printouts and pencils for markup. Now that we're all working from home, we're relying on Acrobat and PDF markup tools and I'm so frustrated by how unintuitive this program is, compared with InDesign, which I use on a daily basis. I am used to switching from one tool to another with keystrokes that are deep in muscle memory, and I can use them in one way or another when I open Photoshop.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A well designed nice looking dark reading mode for the windows version like ios and android. the ios and android modes have a nice simple dark mode switch much like many apps and operating systems of today now have. I find it's clunky and outdated to still have the only option for changing PDF document viewing options to a night mode-ish for reading at night only in the accessibility options.. a simple switch for on off would be VERY overdue on this relatively expensive product. I find it rather odd that it still does not despite the mobile options already…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Individual, multiple text highlights are created one after another and some can become automatically grouped, making it impossible to go back and delete just one of the highlights. Please offer the option to ungroup the highlights.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hello , Team ADOBE , The acrobat pro dc should have a feature which can remove watermarks and headers\footers created by other pdf editor , i know its hard but we should have an option to select an object as watermark and remove it from all the pages , we need to manually remove such watermarks from all the pages , if we can set that kind of algorithm than we can choose which thing to remove from all the pages , it would be good , i have tried the adobe preflight too ,but does not work , so…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Adobe should fix this (Desktop Service) supporting application for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC from taking up so much memory as a background process. Currently about 240 MBytes of memory. If all it is doing is checking the licence, why does it need so much space??!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I spent several hours customizing my work space (toolbars and preferences). Unfortunately, I had to reinstall Acrobat Pro DC. To my dismay, once reinstalled all my customizations were gone and I had to redo them all. There should be a way to save all customizations and implement them should a reinstall be necessary. It would be nice to have them all in one file that could be stored either on my computer or in my cloud account.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Every few days I have to sign into acrobat before continuing. It texts my phone and then I have to put my password in. Really? This is completely over the top and no other services do this. It is a waste of my time and really frustrating - can you let me know if there is a way to ensure I stay signed in please

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like to view documents designed with a cover and spreads as two up. There is a two up option currently, but I want it to ignore the cover.

Currently you can only do this by changing the document settings, saving, quitting and reopening it.

I don't want to edit the document to change the view, and I am unable to do so with restricted files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have a lot of documents to scan, save, and upload and I wish that Acrobat DC would put a little confirmation box so I can remember if I have performed the OCR already, because for some reason it is easy to forget and there seems to be no way to confirm the OCR has been performed and no way to set Acrobat to provide such confirmation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. While adding and editing Fields in the PREPARE FORM it should not be letting you edit text on the form. Its acting like your in the EDIT PDF if you click in the white area of a text area.
    If you are trying to make these 2 work together then the EDIT PDF should allow you to change the fields.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Why in the actual **** do I have to sign into Adobe a) every time I open it, b) multiple times throughout the day, c) when I've been working in it and suddenly I have to sign in again. It is THE MOST ANNOYING thing ever, especially when in a meeting or on a call and need to pull up a PDF just to have to sign in. I don't understand why I have to sign in every day but I could excuse it. What I don't excuse is having to do it multiple times a day. Infuriating.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Settings that resulted in change bars being present when converting a word document to a PDF - to highlight new or revised content have been changed and do not function now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Periodically, Adobe lets you know of what they think are wonderful ideas, but they do so by rebuilding my pinned tools list.....so I have to go and select MY tools AGAIN. This is the fourth for fifth time in six months and I am really getting sick of it. Who gave you the right to adjust what tool items I have pinned. You know, the ones I know I use....not the one some marketing A-Hole can only think (hope) I use. Absolutely a pain in the butt.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When scanning multiple pages, there should be another confirmation dialog after selecting 'Scan more pages (sheet n)' because it is unclear that the next page should be ready for scan before clicking the 'OK' button.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The print dialog is too complicated. Please go back to using the platform dialog, and allow users to choose the advanced features if needed. There's way too much information to wade through.

I'm using Acrobat Pro 2020, but it was the same with the free version. On a Mac.

thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?