Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10706 results found

1. This only occurs if the "New Acrobat" is enabled. The "Split" action does not work when you ask it to split on top-level bookmarks and use the bookmarks names as the output names. When you click on the settings to select these options and save them, sometimes it takes you back to the main screen and the "Split" pop-out is gone. If you go back in, the settings are gone. Other times you can click "Split" but it just names the output files with sequential numbers instead of using the bookmarks.

Disabling "New Acrobat" brings back the old functionality and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. too many notifications !!!!!!!!!
    price too high

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Since the update of Adobe Acrobat Pro / Reader on Aug. 8, the software crashes upon applying a digital signature on a specific form of mine. After JavaScript is done executing, the prompt for digital signature does not appear, and the software crashes. If under a specific case, I manage to reach the prompt for digital signature, and I would cancel, the software crashes. The signature can be applied only when the user follows specific steps, but it has to be done every time the signature must be applied. After uninstalling the latest version and reinstalling the previous version of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The new UI doesn't show the full file name anywhere without having to hover over the tab even though there seems to be lots of available space.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow simultaneous license activation on 3 devices. Limit it to Acrobat, or Acrobat Reader. Have the end user register their 3 devices.

As of 2020, many people work remotely and on multiple devices: tablet, laptop, desktop. Further many people switch between the two very rapidly - for example: An Architect may review designs on the desktop, switch to a laptop for a meeting and contract signature, leave the laptop at the office, and take the tablet to the field (with no internet/reception) to make in-field review. The software is known to close/freeze in order to check-in/validate online & switch device…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I miss the benefits of having the dedicated menu bar at the top. This new UI is too compact and it is causing a loss of communication.

1 - It was difficult to find the preferences menu as it is tucked into a small all-in-one menu. The Preferences pane did not allow me to turn on the typical application bar at the top of the page (File, Edit/ ...). I would like to be able to opt into this again. Firefox let's me turn this on.

2 - The file names are constrained to the tabs. Even when a tab…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please allow more customization for: (1) navigation commands in the lower right panel. I would like to add previous and next view (2) positioning of the vertical floating bar (I am right-handed and it is more convenient to have it on the right side, for other it will be more convenient on the left, where it is right now)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I recently noticed that Adobe included a dedicated "Night Mode" on the mobile version of acrobat reader in the latest update. I used it & it's great. To tell the truth, I had to use another third-party pdf reader whenever I needed to read pdf in Dark Mode. That problem is solved a little bit because of the dedicated "Night Mode" on the mobile version. But I still have to face hassle on the pc. I searched on the Internet. It told me to change the color options in the accessibility. It doesn't always help, to be honest. Some pdfs…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. With the old user interface for Acrobat, the page indicator in the toolbar used to display the current page label in addition to the current page index. This is useful for documents that have multiple sections each with their own page numbering, e.g. a preface with roman numerals i thru xix before the first page numbered 1. It was also useful to be able to enter a page number and be taken to the page with the corresponding label rather than just to the page at that index.

However, since the launch of the new Acrobat user interface, page…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enable the use of "recipients group" for sending agreements (not only for workflows). Having this feature will save time by only having to write the recipient group name instead of writing email addresses separately.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. fill & sign wont work for me unless language settings are set to use os language, which i feel should be as default

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In Acrobat, my own mouse pointer changes into a standard black acrobat pointer. For what reason? No other application does this.

See pictures. I am left handed an use a left hand mouse pointer. In acrobat it turns to right hand pointer. (see pictures)

Please leave the pointer as it is!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If I have several tabs open in Acrobat, I wish to swap between these tabs by CTRL+PG Up/Down. This is standard behaviour in any internet browser or other apps.
    Please make this possible.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. To ensure our client/users fully utilize our license subscription or as PDF reader only, it really appreciates if we can have a tools/inventory report where we can view the usage of the license as well which Acrobat type and version installed to ensure it synchronize and updated to latest release version. It will be an excellence Inventory tools where we can monitor, manage, and take appropriate action where client always installed acrobat with latest version updated.
    If the tools can also reflect if there is an issue (error code) why the version installed is not updated to latest version -…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Adobe needs to create a functionality that distinguishes highlights from comments. I have a long PDF with several thousand highlights, and it's nearly impossible to find my comments (which is the point of adding them) because you can't filter solely for comments when they're attached to highlights. if Kindle can do it, so can Adobe! Please add this feature; it is long overdue and makes operating within PDF so tedious.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear User,

Thank you for your valuable feedback!

We would greatly appreciate it if you could provide us with more details about the feature improvement you are suggesting. If possible, sharing a screenshot or screen recording of the issue you are facing would be incredibly helpful for us to better understand your concern.

Based on your feedback, our understanding is that you would like a filter option that distinguishes between empty highlights and highlights that contain notes. Please confirm if our understanding aligns with your request.

Your input is essential in helping us improve our services, and we are eager to address any issues you may encounter. Please feel free to share any additional information you think might be relevant.

Regards,

Arvind

16. When I create a PDF, the document wont allow me to immediately split pages, i have to close the document then reopen it. The doc shows as being open in another location. Then when I go to enter the number of pages to split (by 1 page), I am using the number pad which doesnt recognize the number being entered (accessibility issue). These features being fixed in the next update would be greatly appreciated!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Only for the last few weeks I've noticed the ROTATE PAGE on the side bar (Page Thumbnails) takes some time to become ‘active’ after opening a PDF. As this is a very common function I use, it’s become annoying enough for me to use this feedback page and waste 20min of my time to report the issue.

Please attend to.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Unfortunately the updated Acrobat PDF appears not fit for purpose. many of the features on the older version have either been removed or hidden, which means an irritating search to find them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. That top bar should be sized similarly to other windows app like file explorer, MS Office, edge, chrome, etc.

The issue seems to be mainly the font size of some items

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. the new Acrobat is so slow - there is a 4-5 second delay when typing before it shows the text - scrolling is also slow. I get a beachball every time I add a letter

the older version was superior

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?