Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10708 results found

1. Please add an option (like in Photoshop or InDesign) where the open document opens in explorer (see german screenshot "Im Explorer anzeigen"

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Although no adobe products are set as startup items and the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC general settings have the option to show a start screen as OFF... with each newstart of the computer, the Acrobat Start screen opens.... and every time has to be manually closed.

This is a bug (although probably intended by Adobe) and needs to be fixed to remove this major annoyance.

The effect is that Adobe is trying to be an annoying microsoft application by making its own rules to decide what I want... but in reality is frustrating.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Upon first start up Adobe is slow to respond. Contacted support with no help. It looks like Adobe struggles to connect my account to the cloud. I do not log out ever, nor do I log in. I am the only one in the office that struggles with it being slow to open. I end up having to keep the program open all day so I don't have to wait 30 sec for it to finally connect each time I open a PDF. I cannot find a feature that will keep me logged in so I don't have to keep…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to be able to Export PDFs as an HTML5 flipbook. Services around the web charge a ridiculous amount for this. Currently, this can be done as an SWF from Indesign, but not a lot of mobile devices can handle it. There has to be a better way. Even if you charged an extra $5 a month to host the files and then allowed someone to embed them (Life Flipsnack does) it would be worth it. They charge like $1000 a year.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Steps:
    1. Turn off tabbed browsing (if it's not already)
    2. Open multiple documents, at least one with comments.
    3. Open the comments panel and click a comment to select it.
    4. Close the window.

Expected result:
    One document closes or asks to save if modified.

Result:
    Acrobat crashes

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be nice if we could select a certain tool (like comment or combine or organize) which can then be automatically selected when opening a new pdf. e.g., sometimes i need to organize the pages of 200 different pdf's, so when i open the next pdf the organize tool would automatically be selected and i could immediatly select the pages to delete.
    i hope i explained this properly, would be a nice feature and it's not that big a deal.

thanks in advance.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I create stamps and place them in my stamp pulldown menu. They remain there for the rest of the day. I log off my PC at night. Log back on the morning and open Adobe Acrobat DC. Open a PDF and try to stamp with one of my create stamps. The ones that were at the top of the pulldown as a favorite yesterday is no longer there. I then have to open the stamp and make it a favorite again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would like to be able to select all open docs for printing and have them print separately.
    The workaround is to combine the docs, but when printing two-sided, the documents end up with page one of one section on the back of the last page of another section. I need these to print out as individual sections.
    Instead of having to combine, please create this as a print option - "print all open docs."

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enterprise accounts should be able to increase the "time out" time period for Shared Device Licenses from 90 minutes to 1 day or until logout/login. There should be more customizability within the Shared Device License apps so that it is not bugging you every 90 minutes to make sure you are still the same person you were 90 min ago. If it reset every time the computer was logged out, restarted, or even customized to give a specified time until it rechecks, that would make more sense and be much more user friendly. The verification of "Is this still you"…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be very helpful if a brightness / contrast filter could be applied to pdf's that have come from scans. This would allow poor quality scans to be quickly enhanced to improve readability and contrast

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Either allow print settings to be included in the Quick Tools at the top, or move "Print Current View" as a choice under Pages to Print without having to go to More Options first. I spend a lot of time printing details from PDFs and it takes three extra steps, each time. Also, Print Current View doesn't quite match with the display on the print settings.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Under customizing quick tools, I've added the protect -> Encrypt item to quick tools. When launching a new PDF I can easily click the padlock and choose 2. encrypt with password on my PDFs.

However, if you go to Edit then Preferences, under the general category, uncheck 'Open documents as new tabs in the same window (requires relaunch)'. Close and reopen any PDF, I can no longer choose 2. encrypt with password. Can you please fix this bug

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Want to remove hyperlinks from pdf. Enter "edit pdf" ›› chose: links ›› pop-up notice "cannot undo action, wanna continue" ›› YES ›› in remove link-box, chose: all ›› New pop-up notice: "in total 0 hyperlinks was removed"

I've tried different types of pdf documents with hyperlinks, all with the same result - the links are still active!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. when pressing the center button on the mouse currently it allows 4 way scrolling option. It would be better for my use if it could be mapped to the hand tool instead of always having to switch back to the hand tool(for left click)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello John,
    Thanks for reporting your concern to us. I had escalated the issue to then higher management. We have kept it in our radar and will implement it in the near future.

Thanks

15. When I open a PDF or create a new one it's not working. All I see is gray pages with no images on them. This is on the thumbnails and the full pages. I cannot use this version at all.

version 2019.10.20091

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can Adobe make a feature that allows you to insert and link PDF files (pages) into one PDF (Set) while maintaining the link back to the original file. So if the original file is updated so is the (Set) PDF in the same way images are Linked and updated in Indesign. Would be a massive help with 2D part drawings for creating a drawing set during revisions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. File, edit etc. missing when you open documents. So annoying! Please fix this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Under the prepare form function, users should be allowed to create multiple radio buttons with a single function rather than creating one radio button at a time for each group. Say I have 100 questions and each question has 4 choices meaning it has 4 radio buttons, that is 400 radio buttons that i have to manually create. It is tedious and painful. There has to be a faster way to do this.

This should also provide an option whether the layout of the radio buttons is vertical or horizontal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When Internet is accessible Acrobat suspend for a long time at start up. After Acrobat's windows appear all seems Ok, but after 1-2 second Acrobat doesn't respond to mouse and keyboard and Windows say that program doesn't respond. Duration of this state is few minutes. If connection to Internet is unavailable (for example cable is unplugged) no any problem observed at start up and later. This is definitely bug related to unnecessarily access to the Internet which suspend main functionalities of Acrobat. Please fix as soon as possible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hi all

(Mac Acrobat Pro - all up to date)

In the comments column the selected comment goes a slightly darker grey.

For me this still does not make this comment stand out enough.

Is there a way to change this to something more prevalent?

Thanks in advance

DC

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)