Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create 64-Bit Adobe Acrobat for Windows

Please create a 64-bit version of the Adobe Acrobat Professional for the Windows platform. I work with adobe files that are greater than 10,000 pages quite frequently and although my computer has 24 gigabytes of DRAM, the program cannot utilize my computer. For example, I have legislative transcripts that I compile by the session, and I would like to be able to use a single PDF file while doing my research.

Please, give us Windows users the type of PDF performance found on Macs.

Thank you.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. My Adobe Acrobat Pro DC constantly looses page content on open documents, requiring me to close the document.

pdf documents not opening properly, with blank pages. It is worse if I try and scroll through the article soon after opening it. It will also loose text from the after a time not reading the document. This may be after the computer has been put to 'sleep' for a period (even a few minutes). It reports the error message 'Insufficient data for an image.' The new version is MUCH worse that previous versions. Please sort it out Adobe.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
    Kindly share with us your machine details and Acrobat version.
    Also please provide us some sample files on which you are facing this issue

3. Adobe Acrobat DC - Program Not Responding. Every time I open the program it crashes. It is completely unusable

Adobe Acrobat DC - Program Not Responding. Every time I open the program it crashes. It is completely unusable

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Presenter notes

Allow presenter notes like on power point

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please add "Add Stamp" button to the customize quick toolbar pane

I would like to be able to add a dynamic stamp to the quick access toolbar, but I am not able to accomplish this. Please see attached Adobe Version and the current quick toolbar. Is this not possible with Adobe DC Pro?

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Acrobat DC keeps crashing. I don't know if the crashes are being reported back to Adobe or not. Hanging/crashing on saveas.

Acrobat DC keeps crashing. I don't know if the crashes are being reported back to Adobe or not. It is Hanging/Crashing on SaveAs and during editing.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am sorry for the inconvenience you are facing.
    Can you share with us the acrobat version and the operating system you are using
    Also some sample PDFs with which you are facing this issue.

7. SEND FOR SIGNATURE NOT WORKING!!!!!!!

Does not send, goes into perpetual loop of "next". How do I roll back the update! Need to know ASAP!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reach out to us. It will be great if you could share the below information :

1. Machine configuration like OS version etc.
    2. Acrobat version (Go to Help→About Adobe Acrobat Pro DC)
    3. User id with you have logged in Acrobat.
    4. Exact set of steps you are trying to execute

Also is the issue occurring with a particular type of file ?

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

8. Adobe Acrobat Reader for Linux

Linux users are in dire need of a PDF reader and editor ever since Adobe discontinued the Adobe Reader (version 9.x) for Linux!

None of the currently available (free or proprietary) PDF readers for Linux has proper support for annotating and commenting PDF files. Filling forms and signing documents is also only rudimentary supported by some of the currently available PDF readers for Linux.

Thus, this is a request to revive Linux support for the latest Adobe Reader as well as the full Adobe Acrobat suite.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Measure - Feet & Inches

Measurement tool provides measurements in feet and decimals. American metrics are feet and inches, decimals need to be converted to be understood by the end user.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Acrobat Pro DC 64bit version for Windows 10

When will Adobe be releasing the 64bit version of your Acrobat Pro DC software for users running the 64bit version of Windows 10? I am presently stuck running the 32bit version of Acrobat Pro DC.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. lookup function should work with built-in apple dictionary (and not with dictionary.com)

The current look up reference for word definitions is the webpage dictionary.com, which is really inaccurate sometimes. Besides, the whole operation of being directed to a webpage is nonsense, specially on Apple computer and devices, where you have the built in dictionaries, who are the reference source by default in any other app.
    Moreover, dictionary.com only offer definitions for English words, but is useless if the user is reading a text on another language... So, just integrate the lookup function with apple dictionaries (as it already functions on the mobile app for iPad, for instance)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Dictate on a PDF using a Microphone.

Hi,

I would love to see the functionality of being able to dictate on a PDF
    file using a defined area...

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  digvijay singh bisht responded

Thank you for the suggestion. We have notified our engineering for the same. We shall get in touch with you incase we need more information.
    Thank you for the patience

13. Allow Action Wizard to "Close" files

The feature was available on early versions which made batch processing easier. I believe it allowed the user to Execute a Menu Item. Please bring it back. The javascript work arounds all seem to have their own little issues.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adobe acrobat for CVs / Resumes and Employers

Hi, this is not an actual proposal, however i believe this is a very important feature for millions of users, please read carefully 
    i am sick and tired of submitting resumes / CVs through Linkedin and other platforms and not getting a response, and i am sure Millions of users suffer as i do . Adobe can solve this and here is how ! 

1- A.I, where Adobe acrobat can recognize a a CV, tag it, label it, and save it on the cloud, wait thats not all, what is coming is even better
    :) 
    2- add a feature where a user can get a report…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. On the admin console, I would like the administrator to be able to resend a verification and password reset email to the users.

On the admin console, I would like the administrator to be able to resend a verification and password reset email to the users.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Using "Compare Page Range" and input "New File Dialog" crash.

1. Open Acrobat Pro DC
    2. Open File A.pdf and B/pdf
    3. Select "Compare Files"
    4. Open "Select Files to Compare", and push Settings button
    5. Open Setting dialog, input New File combo box
    6. Freeze Acrobat

This problems on Windows 10 and Acrobat Pro (2017.011.30113 and 2019.010.20069).

Original Problem is Japan Forums thread.
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2588735

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Acrobat Crashes with Multiple Monitors

Steps to reproduce the issue: Open Acrobat and move window from one screen to another.
    Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.) Mac OS 10.14.1, 2018 MacBook Pro
    Expected result: Should not crash
    Observed result: Crashes consistently

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please update you acrobat to the latest version on Mac and try to reproduce the scenario.

Let us know if you still face this issue.
    Thanks!!

18. My Adobe Acrobat XI Pro opens then crashes!!

My Adobe Acrobat XI Pro opens then crashes!

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enhanced Search for PDF index search

1. Since the indexing will index the all multiple pdfs. Type ahead search should be supported. Instead currently the user has to type and enter search for the search results.
    2. Since the indexing will index the all multiple pdfs. Type ahead search with number of hits found should be shown before hitting the search
    3. Searching should be as fast as google. 10,000 pdf files of 100kb each and type ahead search should be less than a second
    4. Other than scroll bar for navigating the results there should be a easier way to filter the search results.
    5. Grouping of folders wise doesn't…
    11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. measure text

the measure tool has no way of increasing dimension text height.

bluebeam has this. really the measure tool is way behind what engineers and construction guys need,

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base