Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. .eml formats are not currently supported by Adobe Acrobat to be able to convert these files into a pdf format. Please support this format.

.eml formats are not currently supported by Adobe Acrobat to be able to convert these files into a pdf format. Please support this format.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Acrobat keeps closing for no reason and it is NOT autosaving my files

Acrobat keeps closing for no reason and it is NOT autosaving my files.I already pay a subscription fee every month and you want ANOTHER $80 to help me. I didn't choose to close the program I didn't have a choice and charging $80 for something that is YOUR fault is daylight robbery

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Apologies for the trouble, can you provide the Acrobat version you are using. Also does Acrobat quits with a crash? if yes kindly provide the crash logs.

5. I used to be able to clean up my scanned documents by clicking the "spots" and deleting. Now I am unable to do this.

I was able to do this in the past. The most recent update must have removed the ability. I would select the "spot" or the edge of the page where the document feeder skewed the page in the scanner, then hit delete. Now I am unable to do this. I want to be able to present clean documents.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

If I am not wrong you are using edit functionality of Acrobat. There you can select the edge or small bounding ox and delete it if it is not required.
    If not please use Edit tool.

If you are facing any issue on any file please share the files.

Thanks.

6. Injection of blank pages for printing

When printing long documents (books etc.) it would be great to be able to add blank pages, that does not exist in the PDF in order to get a correct double sided print.The size of the blank page could e.g. depend on the page size before the blank.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  pooja . responded

Hi,

We have shared your feedback with the respective team. We will get back to you in case we have any updates.

Best Regards!

7. the system keeps shutting down as soon as I try to save a redaction

The system keeps shutting down as I try to use the redaction feature. so frustrating.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for reprting the issue. Can you please provide your machine detalis with the Acrobat version you are using.

8. View redaction overlay text in comments

Bring back the ability to view redaction codes/overlay text in the comments without having to hover mouse over the redactions in document

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Crop page dialogue box size

After I go to Edit document, crop pages and select the area I'd like to crop, the "set page boxes" dialogue box is too large. It goes from the top of the screen to the bottom. This hides the "OK" and "Cancel" buttons under my taskbar. I have to use the directional keys to highlight the appropriate command and hit enter to select it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Acrobat DC pro hangs after comupter turns off monitors

Acrobat reader pro Just hangs when The computer turns off the screens for inactivity.
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
    Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299
    (using multidesktop)
    on Dell Precision Tower 3420

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bug: Save as not working: "The File may be read-only, or another user may have it open.

Unable to "save-as," export, or e-sign a PDF document.

Error message when trying to export as another PDF file type, or as another PDF with normal "save as":

"The File may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder."

I am using Acrobat 9 Pro on a Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Acrobat needs an append option... or at least print multiple docs to a Portfolio

Acrobat needs an append option... or the ability to print multiple docs to a Portfolio.
    All of the competitors have an option to print multiple files and add to single document. Acrobat even allows you to append scans to exiting pdfs. Why is there no option that does not require you to save multiple pdfs and then combine them. Seems easy enough... but when you have users refusing to switch platforms because they email statements to customers all day, the added steps of saving and combining documents would literally add hours a day to their workflow, You are not going…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. MAKE YOUR HELP/SUPPORT NON-INSANE ****!

I've spent over an hour trying to figure out how to activate Acrobat DC Pro with a license number. Help is useless... the instructions only say how to activate using a serial number. I tried doing a chat session to support... somebody answered, then immediately closed the session. And then it too me 15 minutes going in circles to find a phone number to call... put on hold fo 5 minutes, then transferred twice. Just to activiate a license. That's ridiculous.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. To convert measuere doesn´t work...

Hi, i have Acrobat DC (Pro) and uses the measure-tool a lot, but nowadays it doesnt work to change the scale. If i want to change from 1:100 to for ex 1:50 I change ti in the area where I should change it (by rightclick) AND then it shows that it should measure in 1:50 BUT still it shows the same figures when I measure..... Is it something with the program or with the file I should change???

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Adobe XI-Professional-MAC Version 11.0.23 Crash

Adobe XI-Professional-MAC Version 11.0.23 is craching after an update of MAC OS High Sierra Version 10.13.2 (17C88). Some times it fails while saving files other than desktop and most of the time system crahes while signing the document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. combine word files in PDF in Acrobat DC

It doesn't work at all! PDF maker is not cooperating with Microsoft Office.It worked though in older version of Acrobat

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  11 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Crop Multiple Pages

I'd like the option to crop multiple pages in one go instead of individually. e.g. Document with non-print marks. Instead of creating separate PDF with InDesign or other desktop publisher, I'd like to crop all the pages in one go.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. "Set Page Boxes" wrong preview for TrimBox

1. Open PDF

2. Open Set Page Boxes - TrimBox

3. Add a value in "Top", "Bottom", "Left" and "Right":
      For all sides you can see grey guides in your document. Expect for the right side. The right guideline is somewhere outside the document.

I have to use this really often so it's quite annoying not to see where the guideline is placed. That means a lot of time for "trying".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need Info  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Hi Sarah

I tried using it myself and the guidelines are visible for all four sides. Can you please share some files where you see this happening (and also a screenshot of the issue so that I can be sure we are on the same page).
    This would help us investigate the issue faster.

Regards
    Vivek

19. Issue with Adobe PDF converter

I've been using Adobe PDF converter for several months (PDF to excel) and today started having an issue where one random PDF out of the batch will convert to just a blank excel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for bringing this up.
    Could you please help us with the pdf files and the exported output?
    For better clarity, please include : Problem statement, reproducible steps, OS platform, Acrobat build# that you are using.

Regards,
    Adobe Acrobat Team

20. my email account is wrong in this how to fix it please

my email account is nit right how can I change it on this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?