Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Page-numbering & viewing are way too small for pages containing photos

When I convert a photo to a PDF, insert that into a PDF document and then add page numbering, the following problems arise:

1) on the photo-pages, the page-numbering is reduced in size to be barely visible, and

2) when paging thru the document, non-photo-pages appear minuscule compared to photo-pages.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Checklist Stamp

Please consider a stamp that has a checklist included. This will allow teachers around the world to mark effectively. The custom stamp will relate to the criteria marked. The checkbox stamp will have custom skills to award the mark to the criteria.

Thank you
    Sean Udal - Shalom College Australia

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Issues with FIll in and Sign Feature in Acrobat Pro

I am having an issue with the "Fill in and Sign" feature. When I open up a PDF that doesn't have fillable fields but I'm just trying to add text to the page, as soon as I hit the letter "A" key, I get an error message that says, "Currently there are no form fields in this PDF. DO you want Adobe Acrobat to detect form fields for you?" This only happens when I have the Single Key Shortcut Accelerators enabled in preferences. When I don't, I can type the text without an issue but when they're enabled it triggers…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for providing your feedback. We will let our engineering team know about this issue and will inform you in case of any updates.

Regards,
    Sandeep

4. Add Adobe Documents as a folder within Creative Cloud Sync to Local Computer

The purpose of this is to allow you to search through PDF files that have been scanned via Adobe Scan on your laptop computer by means of Mac OS spotlight or other searching programs on your local computer. Currently it is cumbersome to search through multiple PDFs that have been added to your Adobe Documents Cloud Folder. You can only search using Adobe DC (because they are only in the cloud unless you copy each one to a local folder individually). It would also make it significantly easier to create parent folders for Topics of documents within the cloud folder…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide options for naming bookmarks when creating PDF from Web Page

Please provide options for bookmark naming conventions. When creating HTML reports, I intentionally use relative links to link to attachments or appendices. However, when I create a PDF from the HTML home page, the bookmarks contain the full link exposing my User Profile name and other sensitive information. I would like the bookmark to be named for the relative link or the filename only (or an option for the document title). I prefer to create my reports in word with hyperlinks to other docs and attachments, but I have submitted a separate feature request for creating PDFs from documents with…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Proper table conversion from PDF to Excel/XML

I would like to request a normal PDF to Excel/XML conversion capabilities, especially in regards to a table formatting.

I understand that PDF files are not always properly created/formatted, but I do not see how it can be an issue for a good converter. The main point of converting PDF to Excel is to have a properly aligned table. I had experience with a third party PDF editing software, which costs less than Adobe Acrobat Standard and is able to automatically convert PDF to Excel with a seamless table formatting.Why Adobe, who invented Portable Document Format in the early 90s,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cannot type special characters (e.g. š, č, ć) when correcting recognised text

For example, if I type "Tomić" when correcting recognised text, after clicking "Accept" it changes to "þÿ".

I'm using Acrobat DC version 2018.011.20055 on Windows 10 Pro version 1803.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How do I upload Open Sans Light Font into my Adobe Acrobat

How do I upload Open Sans Light Font into my Adobe Acrobat

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. You are billing my checking account and now you want me to sign up and pay again forsomething you already are billing me for? WTF???????????

you are billing my checking account already and now you want me to pay again WTF?????????????????????????????

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add ability to move files between Document Cloud and Creative Cloud

It would be nice to be able t move files between Document Cloud and Creative Cloud.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Rotate Form Field Box

Under the prepare form area, you can add form fields. However, you can't rotate the field box. It always stays straight. I would like to be able to rotate it based on the direction of the image/text in the project.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bug: Cannot send for signature

Steps to repro:
    1. open an already saved pdf with a field for signature
    2. Click 'send for singature' in the right hand nav
    3. complete the info and click next
    4. receive error saying that cannot connect to service per the screenshot attached

Environment:
    Mac OS Sierra (version 10.12.6)
    Adobe continuous release version 2018.009.20044

Expected result:
    That I can send for signature

Observed results:
    Get an error and cannot proceed to send for signature

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  7 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Smooth Scrolling

We want real smooth scrolling (not just continuous scrolling).

I mean that kind of scroll we get when using a web browser. SMOOTH scrolling! It would also look like dragging text with a "hand tool" in Reader but with a mouse wheel.

Current method makes text jump one or three lines at a time (depending on your mouse settings), which pretty much irritating!

I appreciate your attention.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. pdf forms exported as flat (non-editable) pdf files

I have designed forms that my staff complete & then we provide to external sources. I need these to export as a flat file & don't see how that could be accomplished other than export to MS Word & then to a pdf... kinda labor intensive!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  9 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Eraser

The program needs an eraser (I've been telling Adobe techs this for years) If you need an example, download a trial version of Bluebeam Revu. Take a look at their crop, eraser, cut and flatten tools. You guys need to step up your game!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Shortcut for Create PDF from Scan

Create shortcut on Home page to "Create PDF from Scan". A lot of users primarily use Acrobat to create pdfs from paper. It shouldn't take 4 mouse clicks to get this done. Also, there is now no way to use keyboard shortcuts to effect a scan. Alt-F-R-S is as far as one can go because the new blue Scan button does not have a keyboard shortcut.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Georegistration tool - Renew the availablility of georegistration tools.

Many softwares are geospatially aware and can operate on a GeoPDF. Unfortunately most PDF based maps don't typically inherit and/or include a geodetic coordinate reference system (CRS), as the source is often a scanned map or JPG, PNG or other non-spatially aware image format. The ability to easily create a GeoPDF is a valuable way to promote their use, and the previously included georegistration tools were very effective. Assuming that the CRS uses a standard WGS-84 GCS the process is straight forward and easily performed. An enhanced toolset could include standardized alternate coordinate systems with translatable codes - such as…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Freeze Issue When Zooming with Scroll Wheel

When zooming with the scroll wheel, Acrobat freezes and I get a spinning beach ball. The files I am working with are not large, but they do consist of lots of lines/content streams sometimes. If anyone can offer support for this, it would be greatly appreciated. I encounter this issue multiple times a day and it appears to happen only if I am trying to zoom with the wheel right after it opens and Acrobat is still trying to load the creative cloud profile, or when I have been working in the file for a period of time and try…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
    Kindly share with us your machine details and Acrobat version.
    Also please provide us some sample files on which you are facing this issue

20. Your application install seems to be damaged, Please reinstall the application.

Everytime I open an Adobe Product, this error appears "Your application install seems to be damaged, Please reinstall the application."

My trial is over and I have bought the product. I have the activation key but can't type it in anywhere. I also can't sign out because the option has gone.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  7 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base