Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fill and sign loses data

I fill data in a PDF form and save the changes. When I return to the document at a later stage, and make a single change, I lose all the previous data entered, only retaining the last change. It is annoying to lose all your typed data.

Luckily I save it in Dropbox, so can get back to original revisions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to paste comments from one page to another page

Found a bug

Software Acrobat Pro DC
    Architecture: x86_64
    Build: 18.9.20050.254034
    AGM: 4.30.72
    CoolType: 5.14.5
    JP2K: 1.2.2.39492

OSX 10.11.6 (15G18013)

In previous versions of Acrobat, it was possible to copy and paste not only written (text) comments, but it was possible paste lines, boxes, ovals, clouds and other comment features from one page to another page.

This is of importance because we use Acrobat to mark up floor plan drawings and send those comments back to the Architect for review and correction. The current version of Acrobat, as far as I am concerned, is broken because it no longer permits…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The new screen

This new screen is like staring into a light bulb. I'm going blind.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Time sensitive PDF files.

To use a time scale to limit PDF files being used or viewed even if they have been uploaded to a Web Page.

We have a very High Profile Client who has requested that we provide a service whereby he can stop people viewing his PDF files after a specified time scale. At present they have to monitor the numerous websites where their PDF file have been uploaded to and request that that are taken down. They want this function to automatically stop the PDF from being viewed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. Your valuable feedback helps us improving our product. We discussed about this particular issue and we do not have any plans to work on it in immediate future. However, we’ll have it in our radar and might revisit at an appropriate time in future

5. help me add symbol

I need symbols to be added to edit my pdf files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need Info  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Could you elaborate on the problem you are facing and exact steps to reproduce the problem?

6. End brackets won't go away

I have a lease document where the end brackets mysteriously stick around on one page. The tag works fine when uploaded to Adobe Sign but the brackets are still there. All of the tags and brackets work fine in other parts of the document (even with the extra spaces at the end between the text and end brackets).

Here are the shortcut tags I used for the bottom two:

{{#propertyAddress=propertyAddresses:prefill:font(size=auto)}}
    {{#startDate=
    startDatees:prefill:isdate}}

I also tried taking out "font(size=auto)" on both tags, but that didn't seem to help.

Currently using Mac Sierra, Adobe InDesign CC2018, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Kindle/KDP/Amazon reformats PDFs to fit its tiny format. Results have errors--photos resized and scattered, text overlays text,

KDP/Kindle/Amazon reformats PDFs badly--photos are scattered + mal-sized, text overlaid other text (espec. after photos). Could Adobe put attention on this problem, plz. Editing PDF in Adobe does not solve problem. (Consider: Would creating smaller original PDFs (in Kindle size, for instance) make converting to Kindle, or any small format, more accurate?)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. To HIDE page thumbnails every time I open a pdf

Please set up a layout feature where I could choose if I want page thumbnails to be open every time I work with a pdf file. In fact, I prefer to hide page thumbnails pane when I open pdf documents. If want to use this pane, I can always click on the left arrow.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. You just keep making it harder

Everytime you make an update you make it harder for me to find my edit document button. I just opened one and absolutely none of the icons or right click provides me with edit. Finally I find if I highlight text THEN hit right click I get the menu that allows me to edit. Why take down the one in the header and make me have to do additional steps (highlighting) to be able to edit. I hate when companies adopt the Microsoft culture of calling "improvements" just moving essential commands and options around and saying it's new. At least…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Sorry for the trouble that you are facing here.
    you can easily use the edit app from the Right hand Panel Menu, Tools center and even on Searching for “edit” in the Tools search in RHP when any doc is launched.

Let me know if you see any confusion here ?

-Ayush

10. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Verification email not coming through

I am not receiving the notification email to complete setting up my new account. There is nothing in the Junk folder.

Thanks,

Ben

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PDF pages simply go blank after 60+ mins

I have users that are experiencing the above described issue. They open up a single PDF, or multiple PDFs, and if they are left open for 60 mins or longer, all pages in the PDFs go blank.

Acrobat DC Pro (2015.006.30355), Windows 10, Microsoft Surface.
    We are expecting the PDF pages to be available the entire time the PDF is open.
    We've observed that it happens with multiple PDFs and requires the user to close all PDFs and reopen to resolve.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. My account is NOT EXPIRED. WHY DOES IT ALWAYS TELL ME EXPIRED?!

My account is NOT EXPIRED. WHY DOES IT ALWAYS TELL ME EXPIRED?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Better support for VDI/Virtualized environments

Now that users need to authenticate towards the Creative Cloud it should be possible to be able to roll out Adobe products on VDI environments utilzing Non Persistent Linked clones.

The problem is that Adobe still uses the machine ID in the licensing. In a non persistent environment the machine ID changes each time the user logs on. Instead Adobe should re-authenticate the user and activate the Adobe products each time a user log on. Information about the users credentials should be stored in the roaming part of the userprofile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Incorrect PDF generated by distiller

When distilling attached Postscript the generated PDF shows error when opening. I have narrowed it down to an image which has imagemask set to true as well as mask array in it. This is incorrect as per specification.

I am using Adobe Acrobat 10.0.0.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Absolutely Unusable

I am running Windows 10. Since the last Adobe Acrobat Pro update, the program has been absolutely awful. Opening a document is a minute long process much less doing anything else to it. I had to download another program to be able to view PDFs for work. Very frustrating. Been like this for at least a month.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. S-L-O-W is how to describe the latest version. Hoping to find an alternative product. Used to love Acrobat.

Running Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC on Windows 7 Professional. Every click to open, close, save, can turn into an eternity of "Acrobat not responding". Hope it can be fixed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Learning how to use my subscription

After 2 years and 7 months I am just learning that I have to be signed in to use my subscription to Acrobat Dc properly. Maybe this is understood but it would have been nice if it was explained back in 2015. I have been using software that works sometime and not others. I found it hard to edit or save files at times and thought the software was a beta version (not fully tested)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Soft hypen changes not showing in Acrobat DC PDF Compare Report

Hi Team

Issue in PDF Compare

SUBJECT: DC compare PDF soft hypen changes not shown

Issue: While comparing the below mentioned 2 PDF in Acrobat DC

a. Soft hypen checkingFPPCS6.pdf

b. Soft hypen checkingREVCS6.pdf

In "Soft hypen checkingREVCS6" there is soft hypen changes in First paragraph 3rd and 4th line, and in Second paragraph 3rd and 9th line.

In DC compare report it not showing the changes in both Textual and visual compare. I attached the DC compare report

If we compare the same in Acrobat 7 Textual compare Side by side report in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base