Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10533 results found

1. Acrobat Pro (for the last several versions) continues to install linkCreation.com into MS Word directories, even though it is known to cause Word either to crash or to throw VBA errors. Please either fix the template or stop installing it.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'd like to be able to easily print one pdf multiple times on a single page without having to duplicate and merge the pdfs before printing. For example on the Preview program on a mac, its super easy to do this with a click of a button. No extra steps of duplicating and merging. Thanks for considering, Please please update!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'd like to be able to easily print one pdf multiple times on a single page without having to duplicate and merge the pdfs before printing. For example on the Preview program on a mac, its super easy to do this with a click of a button. No extra steps of duplicating and merging. Thanks for considering, Please please update!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When using the File Explorer to select multiple files then right clicking and choosing combine PDFs, it gives error "This feature is not included in your current Acrobat license". If you try again after acrobat opens it works. If acrobat has already been opened since a restart it works as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The font list on Mac Os Acrobat is in the standard font- see screenshot (usually each font name is shown in its style so you understand what it looks like more or less).
    On Acrobat on Mac Os in order to see what font looks like you need to apply it to the text in the document - so you literally need to apply 100 fonts to see what they are when looking for the right one.
    In short - there is no preview samples of fonts on the list like there is on Acrobat on Windows. I had to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Beim öffnen einer Text Datei, welche in eine Kennwort geschützt PDF Datei eingebunden ist stürzt Acrobat Pro 2017 ab. Mit dem aktuellen Adobe Reader tritt der Fehler nicht auf, hier kann die Text Datei geöffnet werden.

Betriebssystem: Windows 10 1903 Build 18362.1139
    Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017.011.30180

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have been using Adobe products for Graphic Design and Publishing work for many years, and for most of it my co-workers and I have stuck to paper printouts and pencils for markup. Now that we're all working from home, we're relying on Acrobat and PDF markup tools and I'm so frustrated by how unintuitive this program is, compared with InDesign, which I use on a daily basis. I am used to switching from one tool to another with keystrokes that are deep in muscle memory, and I can use them in one way or another when I open Photoshop.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I am in the middle of doing project during the Chinese New Year holiday. After upgrading the software, it got me into this trouble. The "Add Text" by copy and paste from other source like spreadsheet doesn't work anymore as I used to be doing. After paste, it becomes an image instead of text. See attached screenshot for reference. Can you fix it as soon as possible? I really need this that's why I continue paying for the subscription. Your quick response will be highly appreciated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. A well designed nice looking dark reading mode for the windows version like ios and android. the ios and android modes have a nice simple dark mode switch much like many apps and operating systems of today now have. I find it's clunky and outdated to still have the only option for changing PDF document viewing options to a night mode-ish for reading at night only in the accessibility options.. a simple switch for on off would be VERY overdue on this relatively expensive product. I find it rather odd that it still does not despite the mobile options already…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There needs to be a simple way to convert text to path. (The utility of this is begin able to use parts of the pdf file in illustrator without having the fonts.) Googling this shows there is demand for the feature. Currently the feature sort of exists in the "flatten transparency" settings, but it does not work correctly if there is no transparent feature in the pdf. The workaround is to add a watermark or other transparent object, THEN edit the flatten settings. Silly workaround for a common enough need. I'd call this a bug, since the flatten options clearly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adobe does not convert OCR characters when converting a PDF to a Word document. This is an important feature to many people. Other PDF software offers this. Adobe needs to realize the importance of this feature that has been offered for over a decade by other software companies.

As Abbyy states "Optical Character Recognition, or OCR, is a technology that enables you to convert different types of documents, such as scanned paper documents, PDF files or images captured by a digital camera into editable and searchable data."

If Abbyy can do it, why can't Adobe? I will have to use…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There should be multiple options to password protect a pdf, not just read/edit.

When you make a pdf that is password protected, you have to make sure that whoever you are sending it to, understands how to enter the password, change the password and/or turn off the password. Not everyone uses Acrobat.

To remove a password, you don't have to go into File > Properties and click the “Security” tab. Click the “Security Method” box, select “No Security”, and click “OK” to remove the password.

Not everyone understands Acrobat. When you password protect a pdf, there should be an option…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When I create a file with scanning, and when saving, I change the IME to Japanese, Adobe Acrobat DC freezes

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be nice to have the ability to rename the tabs on the fly (instead of having to save them).When I combine pages or extract pages into a binder, I would like to have the ability to quickly change the binder name without having to save it because I won't necessarily need to save the binder.

Thanks!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Individual, multiple text highlights are created one after another and some can become automatically grouped, making it impossible to go back and delete just one of the highlights. Please offer the option to ungroup the highlights.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hello , Team ADOBE , The acrobat pro dc should have a feature which can remove watermarks and headers\footers created by other pdf editor , i know its hard but we should have an option to select an object as watermark and remove it from all the pages , we need to manually remove such watermarks from all the pages , if we can set that kind of algorithm than we can choose which thing to remove from all the pages , it would be good , i have tried the adobe preflight too ,but does not work , so…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Adobe should fix this (Desktop Service) supporting application for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC from taking up so much memory as a background process. Currently about 240 MBytes of memory. If all it is doing is checking the licence, why does it need so much space??!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It is completely mind numbing that this product doesnt work with Live Cycle Designer files. These are the PDF files that are used by the IRS. So I can not fill in a form from the IRS and save it. BUT Apple Preview works perfectly fine on these files. So my FREE PDF viewer works better than this Adobe PDF P.O.S. What a waste of a product.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Remove Right the hand panel.
    Removing this would make acrobat perfect for me