Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10700 results found

1. This is a problem that has plagued Adobe generated files for YEARS. It is very disappointing that this is not a priority for Adobe to solve since lacking the ability to view thumbnails of files is a major inconvenience and slows your ability to work as swiftly as you need.

Thumbnails and previews of Adobe generated files, in particular PDF files, do not appear in folders in Windows 10. Lacking the ability to preview a file often times requires users to open multiple files just to be able to view it. Now, what is interesting is that if you uploaded…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Should be allowed to customize the Main Toolbar you can put whatever you have - but some are not useful at all, the older one you could add whatever you wanted this new one is rubbish. Also the icons need to be smaller too so you add more too. Next problem I found the highlighter tool you add it to your customization tool it does not work but if you add to the main it works (where is no good not enough space) or you can only use in the COMMENTS tools Adobe sort it out - what are we…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Fix your crashes in Creative Cloud. That's my big bright idea!!!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to have the option to create an interactive chart or graph, like you can create in Excel or or Numbers, where a user can enter information and the graph changes accordingly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. PDF's created with Acrobat & Distiller leave unwanted artifacts that can be seen in most PDF preview apps, specially email programs & also Reader. This prevents our customers from approving our PDF's. However, PDF's created from Illustrator do NOT have these visible artifacts. Our work flow is built around Distiller to create proofing PDF's & this is a PITA to do from Illustrator. In the attached file keylines of the logo can be seen thru the product

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be very helpful if there's an option for sender to receive the signed documents in individually uploaded files. For example, I send 3 words documents for signing, after signed, it came back as 1 pdf, because of the certified signed, I'm unable to split the documents in 3 pdf.
    DocuSign already have this function, hope you can add on the same function to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - Adobe Sign. Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The fact that you do not have the option to permanently keep the comment toolbar permanently open is a CONSTANT source of annoyance and should be changed! Open, closed, open, closed, open, closed, open, closed..... It's insanity! And opening the toolbar is laggy to top it off. I see comments that are 4 years old on this topic and Adobe has not adapted to users wishes. Please change it back to the way it used to be or provide the CHOICE to have it always open if that's your preference. Seriously.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In a PDF produced from InDesign, with TOC and cross references, if I run the Transparency Flattener, the links in the TOC and in cross references stop working.

I should be able to run the Transparency Flattener while still preserving these links.

Win10/Acrobat Pro CC (latest)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hi,
    I think it'll be easier to let the persons who were sent the pdf to sign insert themselves their e-mail address when they'll be signing.
    Why do this?
    When we need to send a document to be sign by more than 50, 100 or even 200 persons (when we need to check the presence of people at a webinar event, for instance) it's too long to do it now in Adobe Sign. We need to select and drag a signature field for each and everyone of them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I don't need A3, A4, A0 or any other specif printable size because everything is digital nowadays. I need the possibility to merge two or more pages into one. Panorama is a good start.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. As of today, it is not possible to run OCR for wider images. Please re-consider this limitation.

This is also a topic in the support community.
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/image-too-wide-for-ocr/td-p/11619072?page=1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In order to run OCR for wider images, some users suggested a workaround to crop the image, run OCR for the first half, then restore the image to the original size, crop again the second half, then run OCR again and finally restore the image to its orignal size.

There are two bugs with this approach:
    1) It is only possible to restore the image to its original size when using the option "Searchable Image (Exact)".
    2) After re-running the OCR for the second half of the file, the OCR for the first half is dumped.

This is also a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I'd like to have spell check AS I TYPE while writing post-it note comments in Acrobat. Every other form field in the world checks spelling as you type...but not Acrobat. Why? This is a ridiculous product limitation!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I used to be able to open a starred file, then create other pages, and combine. The program fixed it but then went back to not allowing the combine to happen. Then I have to search for the document in old history which can be hard to find.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I often use the draw polygon tool so the text is precisely identifed. To draw the polygon, as you know, I have to draw a line, stop, draw the next line, stop, draw the 3rd line, stop, etc. If I want to highlight that same text, I can simply start at one spot and drag my mouse over all the text, which is very convenient. Why cannot the draw polygon tool have a similar function? I would select "draw polygon", put my cursor at starting place, drag to ending place, and the polygon would be drawn.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When combining pdfs the binder file has altered the text of the originals to match on of the set.

The pdfs are similar format with pictures. The pictures remain unaltered, but the text is copied from one pdf to all the others that are similar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I've had two instances so far where being able to reopen the document would have been advantageous instead of canceling the contract and starting all over again.

The first time was when the signer filled in the wrong information and the second time was the last signer, the official signer was unable to complete her signature, something happened and only two letters of her name was recorded on the document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. i get the following error when i try to use the fill and sign function. i get attach the signature, but not use any other portion of the functionality. pls advise fix

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the issue details. Requesting you to please provide the following :

1. Go to Help > Check for Updates. Please update to the latest version if not already done.
    2. When do you encounter this error? Can you share detailed steps?
    3. Does this happen with every PDF or specific PDF?

Regards,
    Sandeep

19. why do you have that completely useless floating miniature page? Totally useless and covers up information. Impossible to eliminate. I spent >1 hour searching through the www to figure out how to eliminate it. The "x" doesn't work when punched by the mouse. Whoever thought of this brilliant do nothing should be reprimanded.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. i suggest in E sign that you need to create an option for text field or signature field place vertically

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?