Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10691 results found

1. All the editing tools are grayed out and not accessible. This is the default no matter what type of pdf I pull up. Even ones that I made using adobe. Why is this and what is the solution?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Despite language option set to "same as the operating system" and my Windows language set to Japanese, acrobat standard DC displays English. So please fix this bug.
    thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Create a PDF portfolio from any two PDF files
    2. Right click on one of the files on the left and choose Open File
    3. Go to the Comment tool
    4. Click Add Text Comment from the toolbar (the single line one)
    5. Type in a comment anywhere
    6. Click X to close the tab while the caret is still blinking

Expected:
    Asks you to save like it does with a non-portfolio PDF file.

Actual:
    Freezes and then crashes. Reproducible every time, occurs on multiple Windows accounts.

After typing, if you press Esc or do anything else to move focus off the comment, the comment…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. MS Outlook is freezing, when mails are send with the "Share" function of Acrobat Reader DC. I can reproduce this issue on every client, with every user and with every PDF Document.For more details, please have a look at the attachment.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When using text select to highlight, multiple lines are being highlighted rather than just the line of text. See SnipPDF.png to see what is occurring. I've tried two different methods of saving the file. Print to PDF and Save as PDF. Save as PDF is working fine, Print to PDF is not letting us select anything.Is this really the only workaround for this, is to open and select print and save again? Our users are having to save some files twice, just to be able to select text. These are files they have created, some they have downloaded, some OCR,…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Read to end of document only reads a single page or sometimes doesn't read at all.

(PS is this the same Rachit who use to work for the Forest Service? If so, I hope you are doing well. I'm still waiting on a TA for a MacBook Pro :-()

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you, I believe the issue is resolved on your side.
    Please connect with us incase you need any help. Also please checkout the latest features by updating to the latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

6. When specifying where to sign, a one-page document freezes at 60% or loads blankly. Everything worked fine yesterday. Update was the only thing that changed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have a paid Acrobat subscription. It asks me twice a day to sign in. This is a huge inconvenience especially to open Acrobat docs in the middle of urgent business Zoom calls. Please fix. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When Acrobat tries to verify digital signatures, it checks validity of all certificates included in the signed .pdf document. During this operation, it consults well-known Root CA authorities, locally trusted certificates, but also fetches all certificates from PKCS#11 Digital-ID token (if attached).

Since PKCS#11 Digital-ID tokens might be very slow, fetching certificates from it multiple times during each signature verification takes excessive amounts of time. No caching seems to be used in Acrobat: if the .pdf document contains 6 certificates, all certificates from Digital-ID token are fetched 6 times and this process might take 2.5 minutes.

This is a bug…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Helvetica Regular does not show up in font options in Acrobat DC. Bold, Light, and the Oblique variations are all available to select, but Helvetica Regular shows up as an unidentified font.

Currently on MacOS Catalina which shows Helvetica Regular, Bold, Italic etc in the font book. Helvetica Regular is the only one that is unavailable in Acrobat DC.

Seems to be a common issue in another forum. One suggest was to select Helvetica Bold and unselect Bold to get regular, but this is an unreliable fix.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. to create a way for the sender to fill in a portion of the form after it's been signed. I'm thinking for Human Resources purposes. If my potential employee fills out the direct deposit form, the HR has to fill in the tax information, rate, filing status, etc from the W-4 prior to sending it to our payroll company. It would be nice to see a way to specify fields that the HR team needs to fill out after receiving the forms from the on boarding employees.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When creating a pdf using the Prepare Form function, text boxes that are created separately and have separate fillable fields associated with them are automatically grouped together after saving and then reopening the pdf. This creates a problem when trying to format the document. I need to be able to move each text line/box separately to format, but when the text lines/boxes get automatically grouped together, I lose the ability to format each individual text line/box. I have tried to re-separate the individual text lines into separate text boxes, but when I save the pdf and reopen it, the text…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. User on Windows 10 1909 with an Adobe for Teams license is stuck on a loading screen when she tries to use Adobe Sign on the latest Acrobat app. The recipients are selected, then the screen stays on the screenshot attached. The only workaround I have found is using the web version instead.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I just started with your Adobe/Acrobat wanting to edit my PDF file for letters in the file to be made bold black, no success made after 4 hours! What a waste of time!!.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. each time it locks and yet my settings say it's all editable. very frustratin

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback. I will share your feedback with the engineering team and let you in case we have any updates.

Regards,
    Sandeep

15. When i click on "OPEN" the window opens in full screen only regardless of my Page Display preferences and when i click on a corner or edge of the box and I unable to resize it. The window covers my entire screen making me unable to view any other program that is on my screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I noticed that Acrobat DC's Sheetfed Offset preflight profile no longer warns of fonts with glyph width issues. Unfortunately, I became aware of this after misprinting book covers due to this issue. Although the font Georgia-Italic previews fine within Acrobat, it outputs as shown within Finder's preview. Acrobat X1 and several other preflight applications flag this issue but Acrobat DC does not.

Based on my tests, version 1 of this particular font must be exported from InDesign with the subset fonts option at 100% (rather than the recommended 0%). Although I know how to fix the issue, I need Acrobat…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Header says it all...have to click on the comment tool on the side to
    add comments.

Specs:
    Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2020.012.20043 running on Windows 10 Enterprise Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Frustrating that I can't sign a document that someone else has already signed. I'm back to printing out and signing with a pen, then scanning back in, very cumbersome and exactly what I am trying to avoid by paying for adobe. Please amend to allow signing, perhaps with the other signatory's permission?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I'd like to see the highlight tool as a red underline option as well as a couple of different colors.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?