Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New Bookmarks ignore the current selection and are always named "Untitled"

In Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 on macOS Big Sur it is no longer possible to create Bookmarks based on the current text selection. New Bookmarks always get the name "Untitled".

See attached video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Microsoft Teams Link Error

Copy and pasted MS Teams link from MS Outlook/MS Teams and the URL would display properly in MS Word. Print as PDF. However, when copying and pasting this URL from PDF and into browser or MS word, a hyphen is missing creating a dead URL. Part of URL is blacked out for privacy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Error with PDF Maker: missing <Document> tag

When using PDF Maker 20 with MS Office 365, the tag tree is missing the document root tag. Has a Sect tag instead of Document tag.

Please correct this tag structure to meet the PDF 2.0 tag standards requirements.

Screen capture shows the error.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Error in PDF Maker: tagged lists

When PDF Maker exports PDFs from MS Office, lists are not tagged correctly per the PDF/UA-1 standards.

Each bullet or numeral character should be encased in an Lbl tag. Correct tag structure should be:

L

LI

Lbl (the bullet or numeral character)
    LBody (the body text of the list item)

At this time, PDF Maker does not include the Lbl tag and combines the bullet/numeral within the LBody tag.

This is an incorrect, non-compliant tag structure.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adobe Acrobat - Excel Cell Contents Paste As Image

Adobe Acrobat version 21.001.20135 appears to have a bug related to pasting contents from Excel and LibreOffice. The contents will paste in as an image instead of text in the focused textbox being edited. Troubleshooting this with Adobe support had no luck, but Adobe support was able to successfully downgrade me to version 20.013.20064, which does not have this issue. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I want to change tef profile to pdf profile

magnet:?xt=urn:bitprint:SXMA7S7QMXJH3RTVI4NNIK7INSPF4AV3.VFRALDW5VXHBRWTFDZNDITTBOGO2OTTUA7ADD5I&xt=urn:ed2khash:744181f5e9c454da4687ad6515f10f04&xl=1886&dn=tab-lifes-railway-t-14338-33124122010%20(9).tef

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ungroup highlighted text

Individual, multiple text highlights are created one after another and some can become automatically grouped, making it impossible to go back and delete just one of the highlights. Please offer the option to ungroup the highlights.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC v.2019.008.20071 crashes on "Fill & Sign"

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC v.2019.008.20071 crashes as soon as I click on "Fill & Sign". No error message either.
    I installed the latest version from the site (v.2019.008.20071) but the problem still persists.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Looks like you are on older version. Requesting you to please upgrade to the latest version by going to Help > check for Updates.

Please let us know if you still face the issue.

Regards,
    Sandeep

9. Customized pre-populated form message

I include the same message with each form I send out for signature. Rather than having to copy/paste it into each individual form, I would like to save my customized message so that it pre-populates on each form automatically. The current message, which I have to delete each time to enter my own message, says: Please review and sign this document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fill & Sign Signature Image is Blurry

Using the February 9th version of Adobe Acrobat DC, when I try to add a signature from image in Fill and Sign the image is pixelated and blurry. When I do this on the document cloud, the image is full resolution. Can you fix the bug on the Fill & Sign tool so that we can insert images as signatures at full resolution on the desktop app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback. Can you please provide the below details :

1. Was it working correctly before the Feb 9th Upgrade?
    2 Your OS details.
    3. What kind of image are you working on? Eg : PNG, BMP etc.
    4. It will be great if you can share a sample image with us.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

11. Remove watermarks and headers\footers created by other apps

Hello , Team ADOBE , The acrobat pro dc should have a feature which can remove watermarks and headers\footers created by other pdf editor , i know its hard but we should have an option to select an object as watermark and remove it from all the pages , we need to manually remove such watermarks from all the pages , if we can set that kind of algorithm than we can choose which thing to remove from all the pages , it would be good , i have tried the adobe preflight too ,but does not work , so…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Stop the Adobe Desktop Service.exe from memory hogging

Adobe should fix this (Desktop Service) supporting application for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC from taking up so much memory as a background process. Currently about 240 MBytes of memory. If all it is doing is checking the licence, why does it need so much space??!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Save Toolbar and Edit>Preference Customizations

I spent several hours customizing my work space (toolbars and preferences). Unfortunately, I had to reinstall Acrobat Pro DC. To my dismay, once reinstalled all my customizations were gone and I had to redo them all. There should be a way to save all customizations and implement them should a reinstall be necessary. It would be nice to have them all in one file that could be stored either on my computer or in my cloud account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Saving Tabs

Please provide a means to save tabs before closing adobe or at any time the user would like to.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Change the PDF document page size

For real - We're In 2021!
    Acrobat Pro cannot change the size of a PDF document.
    Only way to do that is to print a PDF copy.
    I want to just change the document size (i.e. A4 -> A5) in Acrobat Pro and save. That would be great!
    I don't want to go back to PS, Illustrator or InDesign to do that. I don't wan't to print another PDF copy to do that.
    Just open document settings > change size - voila!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Printing to Adobe PDF - add the 'Append' option to print-append new file to existing file.

Adobe Acrobat DC desperately needs an 'Append' feature.
    - When we do invoicing, we print the invoice to a PDF file, then pay the invoice and have a payment receipt from the bank. This gets combined with the original invoice file (appended) and saved for accounting and records.
    - With Nitro Pro, this was super-simple. We simply made the first PDF then when we printed the second file (the receipt file) to a pdf we selected the first file and got a dialog box asking if we wanted to 'replace' or 'append' the new file to the existing one. Select…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. "Use Current Properties As New Defaults" needs to set defaults for all future doc form field properties. (this seems like a bug)

I need to be able to set the default properties on form fields so that all form fields created in the future --- whether by me manually or automatically by way of Acrobat's Prepare Form > Scan feature --- reflect the "default" property settings, both in the current doc and in all future docs. Default means default.

Let's review the current flow here:

1) I open a PDF doc that I want to convert to a fillable-form.
    2) I choose Tools --> Prepare Form
    3) I accept the option to scan for all form-field auto detection.
    4) All form fields…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Extra line on a Japanese character that only gets printed and viewed on Adobe Acrobat

When viewing or trying to print the attached P1L1S1.pdf there is a character that is shown in the second image attached, that has an extra gray line visible only at certain zoom - like 400% - or when printed.

The issue is that the same file is printed and looks alright with other PDF viewers and editors - the only software with this issue is Adobe Reader one.

Can you please review this and let me know the cause?

Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Signing in

Every few days I have to sign into acrobat before continuing. It texts my phone and then I have to put my password in. Really? This is completely over the top and no other services do this. It is a waste of my time and really frustrating - can you let me know if there is a way to ensure I stay signed in please

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Translation error in Tools -> Scan & OCR Settings (German Lang)

DE: Tools -> Scan & OCR Settings

wrong "Speichereinstellungen"
    correct "Einstellungen speichern".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base