Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scrolling preferences window (Windows)

Currently the preferences window is very hard to use and frankly, broken:

You can't scroll with a touchpad.

You can't scroll with a touchscreen.

You can't scroll with a mousewheel.

Scrolling over a combo box changes the setting >:(

Content doesn't scroll when you drag the scrollbar!

The preferences window cannot resize small enough for smaller screens.

Overall: infurating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When working with a document in Adobe Sign, the "Send" button is hidden behind a "Contact Us" bubble

Don't hide the send button behind the Contact us bubble! Just lost an hour (and so did your customer service person) trying to figure out why I could not send a document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. embedded

When converting documents that contain embedded documents to PDF, the final product should keep those embedded documents intact instead of converting them to images - forcing you to go back one by one and reembed the document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Automatically crop PDF-pages to the edges of the document

Make Adobe Acrobat PRO DC be able to automatically crop PDF pages to the edges of the document. For example, send in an agreement photographed on a table with unnecessary artifacts (table, hands, etc.). You need to be able to turn a PDF file into an A4 document at the touch of a button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG - Redraw issue on Mac OS Big Sur

Hello together,

since I switched to the latest macOS Big Sur 11.2 from Catalina, I'm noticing the following with Acrobat DC.
    I would like to delete a print cut line on the PDF. To do this, I go to the Print Production tab and select Edit Object. Then I select the print cut line and delete it.
    Well, the cut line does not disappear directly. Only when I zoom in or resize the window. It seems like the desktop doesn't register the change (delete punch) or only with a time delay. On Catalina the change was not so delayed.
    I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can't make the select tool default auto defaults to hand tool in Adobe PRO DC

Make it easy to select the select as default cursor when opening documents.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Error restoring autosave after crash

When autosave is turned on Acrobat periodically writes .tmp files to the autosave location containing annotations since the last time the file was saved. If Acrobat is forced to quit without saving the open file, upon restart it detects the presence of the .tmp file and offers to restore the changes. At that point that .tmp file is still in the autosave folder.

Immediately after the user accepts that offer, Acrobat deletes the .tmp file and returns an error saying the file cannot be found or read and as a result all changes have been lost.

This problem has existed…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I can't even log into the application, won't let me hit continue after filling out my email.

I am trying to log into Adobe Acrobat to combine files, it won't let me sign in. The mini window will only let me type in my email, it will not allow me to hit continue and pressing "enter" does nothing. I paid for the service and I can't even use it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bug: FlatDecode does not work for all PNG images in Acrobat Reader

Using Adobe Acrobat Reader PDF DC (21.001.20138) on Windows 10 to open the attached PDFs crashes. We create PDFs ourselves with several hundreds of images and embedding them using FlatDecode to reduce the size of the PDFs however very few images seem not to work in Adobe Acrobat PDF viewer ONLY. Opening the PDFs in Google Chrome as an example works.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Feature request: horizontal scrolling and continuous horizontal scrolling

I am a musician who is beginning to use Adobe Acrobat DC to annotate scores. All music notation software (that I'm aware of) integrates continuous horizontal scrolling between pages, reflecting the way that sheet music is actually read. Without being able to scroll horizontally in Adobe Acrobat DC, annotating music scores is very cumbersome as one has to re-find staves when scrolling vertically and cannot make annotations across pages.

My feature request is the implementation of both horizontal scrolling and continuous horizontal scrolling between pages as an additional method of page navigation. Being such a simple feature, I'm sure it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Highlighter Tool color option Pop-up

A feature that allows users to long click/press the highlight/underline/strikethrough tool upon selecting text.
    Upon long clicking/pressing it, it should show around 5 different color options (user's top/most recent) to highlight the selected text.

This would help users avoid navigating to the toolbar every single time just to change the highlight color.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Acrobat 2020 Standard Suppressed Sign-In Required

From the previous versions I was able to use the Licensing identifiers (LEID) to suppressed the Sign-in Required after a new Acrobat installation. Now with Acrobat 2020 Standard - I'm not able to suppress it. Is this a bug in the new 2020 version?

adobe_prtk --tool=Serialize --leid=V7{}AcrobatESR-20-Win-GM --serial=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX --regsuppress=ss

Please advise

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Digital sign on 20 pages need 20 times selection of Certificate tool and saving 20 times!

IF i am having a pdf docs which i need to sign on all the pages, i need to sign this each time on each page and save each tine after each signature, each time selection of tools is also a pain!! don't understand why each time after placing a certificate, pdf asking to save after signature/certificate are placed, it should give a final confirmation once everything is done. i can understand its for security but at least the person who is signing should have this option that he can sign on all docs and at the end save everything.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. file once opened in DC are not getting deleted or move

if a file is edited and saved from DC, it is further not allowed to move or delete until DC is closed completely, means if there are 4 files are opened and one which was modified is not allowed to move or delete until all files are closed and adobe is closed.!! what is this pain

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. easily be able to delete the signature

Hey,

I've just signed up for a monthly subscription. i must say that this is by far the best editing software I've tried out. Its great. One big flaw though. I'm adding more than one signature to the pdf and then saving it. However after realising I needed to amend it I cannot simply delete the signature.Can you not just add a trash icon so that I could highlight the signature and then delete it? You could add a lock to the file that only the editor can unlock (maybe have a password when you hit the delete button?)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Thai Language

Hi,

After the recent update, I can no longer add text in the Thai language. The program just insistently freezes and closes whenever I try to add text in Thai. It used to work well in the version before 2021 updates. Please fix it soon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bug: Images become blank grey boxes when changing the reading order

When we change the reading order in Accessibility of images in a scanned and OCR'd document, the image becomes a grey or white box and no longer shows the image if we move it in the reading order. If you move it back to the original location in the reading order, the grey box disappears. If you save it once the grey box appears, it's permanent. We have tried working with support and they've witnessed the issue happen. The open case may be under cheil@wooster.edu but I don't have the case number handy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jennifer,
    Thank you for connecting with us. I tried to reproduce it on my side but couldn’t find any issue. It would be better if you could provide a sample file and a video if the issue via a cloud link so that we can check it and provide a solution to this.

Thanks
    Rachit

18. [Bug Repot] thermometer (progress bar) produces error when trying to change its value (i.e. progress the bar)

Since the 2021 update (21.001.20135), there is an error when using multiple (overlaying) instances of the progress bar with JavaScript. Code that used to work before now generates an error.

The error is:

GeneralError: Operation failed.

Thermometer.value:1:Console undefined:Exec

To reproduce this, run the following code from the console (JavaScript Debugger):

// Define the progress bar (thermometer) as a variable for easy reference

var t = app.thermometer;
    // Start a progress bar
    t.begin();
    // Now start another progress bar
    t.begin();
    // Now end the top progress bar
    t.end();
    // Now try to set the incremental value of the progress bar
    t.value
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Option "In Graustufen" liefert keine reinen Graustufen

Die Funktion "In Graustufen" liefert keinen keinen Schwarz-Kanal, die Drucke bleiben farbstichig und der Druckertreiber erkennt ebenfalls einen Farbdruck, was in der Regel Kosten zur Folge hat.

Das würde nicht passieren, wenn Acrobat "echte" Grazustufen liefern würde, wenn der Haken gesetzt ist.

In unserem Printshop führt das am Kundenrechner fast jeden Tag zu Problemen und Diskussionen mit den Kunden.

Eventuell sollte man auch die Möglichkeit haben, Acrobat einige Einstellungen nach dem Schließen vergessen zu lassen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Admin modus um Einstellungen zu sperren

Es sollte ine Möglichkeit geben, dass Admins gewisse Einstellungen für die User sperren können. Wir nutzen Acrobat Reader in der Firma mit mehreren Nutzern (u.a. Kunden) an einem Rechner, da verstellt jeder dem anderen das ganze Teil - in der Regel unnötig. Wir haben z.B. extra Duckerteiber für Farbe und Schwarz/Weiß, es kommt aber immer wieder vor, dass jemand ein Haken bei "In Graustufen" setztn ,aber den Farbdrucker aktiveirt hat. Die Folge ist ein Graustufendruck der aber als Farbe abgerechnet wird.

Ebenfalls doppelseitiger Druck usw. könnte man fest vorgeben sowie einige andere Einstelllungen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base