Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Safety Preview rather than ArtBox Preview

Seems like the ArtBox preview is redundant to the TrimBox preview. Is there a way to change ArtBox to Safety guide preview? And have the page margin guide be the Safety? The preview would be helpful for reviewing live areas before the trim.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Scanned document does not print

Mac OS Catalina Version 10.15.4, Fujitsu ScanSnap i500, HP Officejet Pro 8210. Acrobat DC
    I cannot print some large files to my HP 8210. It spends a long time sending it, but nothing happens except it disappears from the que. Since having to abandon the old Acrobat 11 Pro, this has been a reoccurring problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Updating Shared Files

When sharing a file for feedback, it would be nice if the shared file would update once changes are made and resaved. So you don't have to send a new link, which could get confusing if someone opens the wrong link. I hope that made sense. If this is already possible, someone please fill me in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Better labeling of Action Wizard Controls for screen reader users

I am encountering problems with poorly labeled controls in the Acrobat DC Action Wizard. As a blind screen reader user, I would greatly appreciate anything you can do to improve the control labels that are spoken by screen readers. I am using the JAWS 2020 screen reader with Acrobat DC version 20.006.20042.
    The issues I have encountered:

1. Some of the button control labels are unclear and it is difficult to determine which control has focus. For example, when adding a Watermark, the button to add the watermark is spoken as “Add”. If I press “space” to select this option, another…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. show correct colours for CMYK annotations

According to the PDF spec it's possible to create coloured annotations which are non-RGB. However, when you create i.e. a CMYK annotation, Acrobat takes the first three values and interprets them as RGB. I.e. [1 0 0 0] results in red instead of cyan, see attached example.
    Interestingly, Preflight validates the document so somewhere in the company the knowledge is available.
    The goal should be that annotations are displayed correctly independent of how many colour channels are there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please remove "Please wait while the document is being prepared"

Please switch off "Please wait while the document is being prepared" displayed each time I open a document. This feature is necessary only for selected users and hampers very much typical program use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    This Content Preparation dialog is displayed when some assistive technology (like screen reader) is running/has been used on the system. However, some other tools like some keypress tracking tools are also detected as assistive technology.

1. If you are not an assistive technology user, just go to Acrobat Preferences → Accessibility and uncheck the option “Enable Assistive Technology Support”. This will stop the dialog from appearing.
    2. If you are an assistive technology user, then go to Acrobat Preferences →Reading and Under “Screen Reader Options” select “Only read the currently visible pages”. This will stop the dialog from appearing.

Note : However with this, the dialog may appear for heavy files sometimes.

Please confirm if this resolves your issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

7. Copy PDFs within Document Cloud

It would be great if from within Adobe Document Cloud we could make copies of PDFs. Currently the workflow that was described to me from tech support was that I would have to download the PDF then upload another copy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Your product suite is the most disorganized and fragment ever. What century do you guys live in? and this feedback collection is terrible.

Make it work. Can you please hire some real product people who can spend some time rationalizing your horrible experience?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUG Acrobat Pro DC Version 2020.006.20042

Hello,

Since the last update, when I go to "Create a PDF" "Multiple Files" and "Combine Files" in the latest try some photos, I end up with a Portfolio and NOT a single PDF you can scoll. It is a portfolio of individual PDFs and the title is "Portfolio" even though I did not select the Portfolio option. In addition, it is erasing the original files. ALL the original PNG photo files have been erased and no longer on the harddrive. This has now happened twice.
    I would like to combine PDFs into a single scrollable document and not have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BEX Application Name: AdobeCollabSync.exe Ap

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BEX
    Application Name: AdobeCollabSync.exe
    Application Version: 20.6.20042.43423
    Application Timestamp: 5e615309
    Fault Module Name: StackHash5861
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
    Exception Offset: PCH
    78FROMntdll+0x0003C7EC
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Data: 00000008
    OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.16.7
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 5861
    Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
    Additional Information 3: 5f25
    Additional Information 4: 5f2531ae070278f893fa99352dadd49e

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html

We have done all sugestn above?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Adobe Acrobat Salesforce Integration

We're using Adobe Acrobat Pro for our PDF edition and it's awesome. We also use Salesforce, we're looking for a way to manipulate PDF inside Salesforce like we do in the Adobe Acrobat. In the moment we have to take the PDF from Salesforce, download it, edit it, and the upload it again, it will be awesome if we could just modify the PDF inside Salesforce (It will save us a lot of time)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make Auto OCR a switchable preference, not default!

Auto OCR cannot be switched off, but is not always welcome nor even meaningful. Moreover, it takes a lot of time and/or many its to the 'cancel' button.
    Please, make it selectable preference - as it was before.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. save sessions

Hello, can you maybe integrate a way of saving pdf-sessions (multiple tabs saving and storaging at a place, f.e. work, study-subject 1, 2, etc.)

always have to open up 4-5 tabs in different pathways, it's time intensive!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Horrible

New adobe is completely horrible! Not user friendly at all! Too many clicks now just to do something simple.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Text Field Options: Double Spacing, Single Spacing, Blockquotes

I am making grant application forms where students have to write a short essay that sometimes needs to be 2-3 pages in length. Others have already requested options where the text fields can be linked and the text can flow from one page to the next. I have definitely voted in favor of this option.

I would like to add another option. I would like the option to format the text that is entered in the text field as double-spaced, single-spaced, or in blockquotes. It seems like there should be much more robust options in this regard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Better customer information, possibility to pause subscription

It has taken me an hour to get clear information on the options for purchasing Acrobat. I couldn't find any information on how to buy the 'perpetual licence' or what this entailed - nor what the differences are between the subscription and one-time purchase. I had to ask all these questions through an incredibly inefficient online chat. This information should be freely available and transparent for customers - companies generally do this so that customers don't waste hours and end up feeling vaguely conned before they have even bought anything. Apart from that issue, I suggest a subscription service that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. PDF Printer executable to be installable anywhere (CRM:00989000000047)

Dear all,

I have just talked with your support but unfortunately I didn't get the hoped reply.
    Anyway, as you may know we're experiencing a bad period around the world about Corona Virus and also for IT Technicians like me is not easy to manage all of the requests related to satisfy users in Agile Working from home, that the company require to us.
    One of the most challenging request to us is the one related to the paperless solution, combining existing systems with PDF solution in order to provide digital prints.

In my case at the moment, I'm using…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Split Screen for Multiple different pages

Split Screen for 2 different documents

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please fix linkCreation.dotm

Acrobat Pro (for the last several versions) continues to install linkCreation.com into MS Word directories, even though it is known to cause Word either to crash or to throw VBA errors. Please either fix the template or stop installing it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'm trying to reduce the size of a file and the software keep crashing

If is a debug or patch please provide me where to go.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base