Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to combine few documents and then password protect it

I want to combine few documents and then password protect it and then send it for esignature. I want to ensure that the document is only opened and esigned by the person with the password, even if someine has access to the email or I have sent it to an incorrect email address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OCR is not working on Adobe Acrobat. I've spent 3 hours with tech support on my computer. They don't seem to understand what OCR is suppos

Adobe Acrobat won't work. I've spent 3 hours with two different tech support people, with them coming into my system. They don't seem to understand how OCR is supposed to work. They tell me that adobe thinks my handwriting is an image. Too bad. It's my fault. That is ludicrous. I thought I just didn't know how to do the final steps of a conversation to text. I know that OCR works. I just can't get it to work on my laptop with Adobe Acrobat DC that I pay for monthly.

Can anyone help, who understand how it is supposed…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Invert colours on images embedded in pdf files.

Invert colours on images embedded in pdf files.

Hi

I'm visually impaired. I find anything with a white background unreadable.

I can change text and text background colours to make text readable but I cannot find a method to change colours used in images embedded in pdf files.

Please can you add an accessibility option to invert colours in embedded images so black becomes white and white becomes black. NB. All colours will need to be inverted not just black and white.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Accessibility settings are difficult to find

Why default to yellow text on white background? It's impossible to read. Personally, some DARK themes would be desirable, i.e. yellow text on black background. Is a SIMPLE link to change SETTINGS in this regard?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Thank you for contacting us.
    You can change the theme for the application by View Menu→Display Theme → Choose desired theme.
    Also for changing the theme for the PDF, Go to Preferences → Accessibility → Check Checkbox Replace Document Colors → Check Radio button Use High contrast Colors → Select the theme from High-Contrast color combination as per your requirement.

Please confirm if this resolves your issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

6. checkmarks need to be not user-specific (or set status should be more easily accessible)

(checked) checkmarks should be visible for others that open the file > that way you can share which comments are done and which are not.
    Orrr make the status more accessible so you don't have to right click / drop down to check it. If you have over 100 comment to check it is too tedious a job :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. FOR HEAVEN SAKE STOP WITH THE POP UPS!!!!!

FOR HEAVEN SAKE STOP WITH THE POP UPS!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Avenir Next Font does not display correctly - only in Acrobat Pro

When viewing a PDF that has the Avenir Next font type used in the body of text, the letters will not display properly when a bold or heavy style is applied to that font. Some letters are raised higher than they should be in comparison to other letters of the same upper or lower case status. See attached images. I've included the same exact font, string of text, and same exact file used, but one is displayed in adobe acrobat pro and the other is displayed on the web.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Freeze on opening Document

Acrobat suddenly began to constantly freeze after opening any document. I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall but got a 136 error. I'm on MacOS 10.15.2 "Catalina" on a MacPro (late 2013)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Invoice notification or receival via email

There is no option to receive the invoices via email nor to the option to receive a notification when the invoice has been raised on your account.

Can this be implemented? I believe in this era at least one of the two should be granted.

KR
    Oana H.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Full Access to Other Programs

The version I currently have does not allow me to access other programs like Outlook or other Adobe files while I am creating an email directly from Adobe. I need to either complete and send the email I started or cancel out of it. This is a very ineffective glitch adobe offers. This reduces the effectiveness of my tasks. Being that I use the Adobe program at a high rate, I would like to see this changed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show font weights as previous versions

If you go Edit and click on some type Acrobat tells you the font. The problem is that it just gives the font name. If a font is in medium, book or something like that it will not tell you that information, it will only give you the main font name. So if some type is in Baskerville Book it will only tell you that it is in Baskerville.

This did not happen in earlier versions like Acrobat X Pro (10.1.16) for example. This version of Acrobat tells you the exact font and its weight, so it would say it
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I don't want to sign in to your ******* Adobe ID login to send a pdf as an attachment. Stop making things more difficult.

I don't want to sign in to your ******* Adobe ID login to send a pdf as an attachment. Stop making things more difficult. Just let me send the attachment like I used to once I have it open. Make things easier, then maybe I'll use your software more.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Graphics on the Excellist are not appeared on the converted PDF properly.

Excellist version: microsoft office Home and Business 2019 Ver. 1911
    Adobe Acrobat DC 2019.021.20061

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add support for the Data URL scheme

Currently, embedded links which use the Data URL schema are blocked by Adobe Acrobat even when adjusting security settings. Adobe Acrobat doesn't need to support reading these links as they're simply opened in a browser, but we need Acrobat to stop blocking these links. I've attached an example PDF with an embedded data url.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. It is essential for the user to be able to disable the default view settings that were set by the creator of the document (often stupidly).

It is essential for the user to be able to disable the default view settings that were set by the creator of the document (often stupidly).

In 35+ years of using computer software, this is the dumbest default setting I have ever seen, and it creates serious usability issues for those wishing to use Acrobat for business purposes (i.e. not graphic design/web design/desktop publishing/etc)

Please IMMEDIATELY ASAP fix this so that the user can disable these default settings and thus view documents effectively instead of spending loads of time fixing display *****-ups caused by the content creator's clumsy use of…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Copying pdf breaks formatting

When copying anything from a pdf file to Microsoft Word or other text editors, the formatting is always messed up in many places, like double or missing spaces between words or missing line breaks.
    It would be much better if the formatting would be kept the same. This only happens when copying from a pdf, no other program/app does this on any other device.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Multiple tab (session) opening

I want to upvote "Reopen PDFs Launched in previous sessions on Opening Acrobat/Reader".
    Although you implemented reopen pdfs from last session, it would be INCREDIBLY useful to be able to save sessions. e.g. 5 specific pdfs regarding research on wastewater management could be saved as a session and 10 different pdfs (or some of the previous 5) as a session regarding Mn removal from water with an option to recall whichever I need when opening Acrobat. That would speed up a lot of people's workflow, especially those who have to jump through multiple topics with various materials.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow clipboard Copy operation on PDF files protected for editing by password

Currently, you cannot copy text from a PDF file that's been protected for editing by a password.

To me this doesn't make sense. Copying text out of a PDF file isn't an operation that's altering the PDF file's content.

I receive bank account statements as PDF files protected for editing (which is a legal necessity). ... In order to create my balance, though, I need to copy the valuta data from the PDF to, for instance, a Microsoft Excel worksheet. Currently this is not possible.

So, I'd like to suggest to allow clipboard copy operations without first unlocking PDF files…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base