Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10705 results found

1. I tried to send a PDF as an attachment - which the old system did fine - but when I hit continue, nothing happens.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Acrobat Pro DC does not provide much flexibility for formatting the signature block. While the ability to add a graphic image is great, designing the text portion is very restricted... too restricted. There is an option for field headers... I don't need these. I need to be able to simply list my name on 1 line, title on another, company name on a third line, and automated date and time stamp when signed. The configuration of doing this, is nearly impossible, and a real mess. This needs to be simple and intuitive like 1000's of other applications out there that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Adobe AATL contains the certificate of Certum Digital Identification CA SHA2 (Serial: 66 DA EF 03 DB 84 61 91 6B 25 BA 83 FB 17 4E 13)

However, due to an error in the policy constraint of the CA certificate, all certificates issued by this certificate is not valid.

The current Certificate policies contain: 1.2.616.1.113527.2.5.1.6.11
    However, all end entity certificates contain: (either) 1.2.616.1.113527.2.5.1.6.11 | 1.2.616.1.113527.2.5.1.6.12 1.2.616.1.113527.2.5.1.6.13 | 1.2.616.1.113527.2.5.1.6.14

The three missed policy constraint created the error of
    "Invalid Policy Constraint"

This error was initially reported by myself on May 24th, 2018 at Twitter direct message.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I don't know how Acrobat has not allowed for a Text-To-Speech option of SELECTED text only yet. It's an amazing tool for people with disabilities... especially those who need text read to them.

It is extremely frustrating having to listen to the text of a document from the begining if you only need the last paragraph read allowed. Extremely disappointed Adobe hasn't stepped up their game.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    We understand your problem here. We are continuously working in making a better experience for our customer.
    We have kept it in our radar and will implement in the near future.

Thanks
    Rachit

5. When I edit a document, I do not necessarily want to edit existing text. I do not want Acrobat to do an OCR process on the document and create uncountable text boxes (that can easily be messed up), when all I wanted to do was either crop the image or add a text box. Please allow the OCR conversion to be toggled off.
    Also when scanning, if you go into an option like increase resolution, all of the changes (like selection of document size) made on the previous screen are lost and have to be entered again Too time consuming!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. PDFLYER options available in PDF PRO?
    page links,
    tick marks
    texting on page not in a comment bubble
    optimize to straighten text when a document is scanned a little side-ways.
    etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. You need to be able to set the text callout bubble height and width of the comment boxes without having to resize every single one individually. This is a huge waste of time. And I think it would make this program more efficient.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. PDF's when opened will sometimes crash the whole Adobe Acrobat Pro program. They open afterward, but the event viewer shows a fatal error of some kind. I copied four of these into the attached text document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Thank you for reporting the issue. We regret you facing inconvenience.

We would need more details on steps to reproduce the issue. And do you experience it on Win or MAC or both.

Share the version of acrobat you are using. You can do so using the link -https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html

And also share the test PDF file using forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7161 for us to investigate further.

-Bhavna

9. Printing only 50 page restriction is impacting our Disclosure team as their documents are sometimes 350 pages. So please consider increasing it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. a DOCUMENT HAS PASSWORD NOW, BUT i NEVER GAVE IT A PASSWORD. hOW DO i GET IT OFF?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Adobe Acrobat / Reader currently does not support Chinese SM2 Digital Signature Algorithm.
    Hope to support in the future.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Setting 'Initial View' preference to show 'Page' and 'Comment List' on opening would be great for me please (via Document Properties). Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Setting 'Initial View' preference to show 'Page' and 'Comment List' on opening would be great for me please (via Document Properties). Thanks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. does anyone know how to stay signed in, I never had this issue before

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Strikethrough lines to mark text deletions and text revisions use only one line width that cannot be changed. The lines can be difficult to spot, especially when a full page is viewed or when the line's color blends with the text's color or the font's stroke width and the line's width are similar. With newer monitors having higher resolutions or graphics processors providing finer lines, strikethrough lines can appear very differently from the editor's monitor to the reader's monitor. A viewer's vision limitations should also be considered.
    Bottom line, allow strikethrough line width to be set to something higher than…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'm getting errors when reading PDFs. All different sizes, all different sources.

"There was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (109)."

"A number is out of range."

"There was an error while reading a stream."

"Please wait while the document is being prepared for reading."

"Out of memory."

It's a brand new Windows 10 machine with 8GB of RAM. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program. How do I fix this issue? The program is essentially unusable at this point.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The "Select object" tool is only available in the Pro version under "Rich Media". The tool is very useful for selecting text boxes and shapes. There is no alternative to the tool in the Standard version of Acrobat. Please make it or something similar available in the Standard version.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We have proprietary software that serves up PDF files stored in a location that end-users do not have access to. These documents can contain PHI and PII. We want to prevent the ability for users to send copies the document outside of our system. We have been able to lock down every aspect except for attaching to an email. There is a toolbar and menu option for this feature.

For security reasons I would like the ability to disable the attach as email feature the same way that I can disable WebMail.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Image highlight (freehand) tool anywhere on page (including text)

The image/freehand highlighter tool only appears when hovering the cursor over an image. However would be great to have the tool available over text or blank space on the pdf.

Also the preview highlight thickness (before mouse button release) is not the same as the final highlight thickness (after mouse button release).

For the text highlighter, it would be nice to be able to move the ends of the highlight by dragging (to highlight more or less text).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. My send for signature isnt working. its asking to upgrade that plan when i already pay for that feature.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?