Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10533 results found

1. Please make it possible to deselect the Acrobat print dialog and instead use the native print settings only.

It would save a ton of misprints and wasted paper.
    All other apps can make it work, so I believe you can too.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. If you are scanning a document, with many pages, you do not lower the scanner lid (to speed up scanning), but this causes a black stripe to form at the edges of the text. Now you can select the text and images excluding the black border; If you want to obtain a document with the same format, for example an A5 (without black borders) this is not possible with this program, because if you report it in A5 format, the black border is revised. It should be easy to delete the outside of the selection. Sincerely

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The user review feature of OCR allows limited correction of Acrobat's low-confidence recognition instances. After--or separate from--that process, users should be allowed to correct any recognized text--often, even when using the review feature, words are broken up, making search difficult. Users should be able to combine or split Acrobat's character groupings--to separate or connect those text blocks to match the word / sentence structure for proper searching. Basic Machine Learning (and even decades old OCR) used dictionary matching to help assess the probability of correct interpretation--this also should be able to determine that "correction" is a more likely translation than…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. XFA based PDF forms are not supported in Browser that is what we heard from Adobe support. We would like to create a Design change request for Adobe cloud. When we open any XFA based PDF form from sharepoint site, Adobe cloud should trigger the file to open in client application. (Adobe reader etc)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When exporting a PDF from Word recently the page numbering got messed up. It should have been 1 of 21, 2 of 21, etc. Instead what I got was 1 of 2, 2 of 3, etc.

I just tried it now on what should be the same Word file with no changes (and no changes to my Options settings) and it correctly numbered the pages.

When this happened earlier I did a Save as Adobe PDF in Word and the page number came out correctly. Word had always displaying the numbering correctly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow users to extract pages and give them names based on a csv file.
    Also allow these files to be protected with a password from a csv file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I often works with mixed size documents. I have document set on Fit Width or Fit Visible and it is at about 80%. Then I hit a page in landscape, and it is still Fit Width or Fit Visible but my view is at about 30%. Then I scroll down to regular portrait, and I am still at Fit Width or Fit Visible but I remain at 30% so I have to MANUALLY adjust it. I usually pick the other of the two - Fit Width or Fit Visible - and I am back at 80%. Can you make Fit…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I need to be able to protect PDFs on my Mac from editing BUT allow annotations. We have tried taking the following steps...

We saved a Word doc as pdf on Mac, uploaded it to Adobe Pro, in 'allow changes' chose commenting, filling in form fields, and signing existing signature fields.

We then sent the protected pdf to various devices.

Recipients were prompted to enter a password in order to annotate on Samsung Tablet and Ipad.

Surely, allowing annotation while protecting the pdf from editing is much in demand these days, in particular in the education field where students are…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There should be an option to change the date format of Audit Trail. Currently it is set as YYYY MM DD
    Due to this, documents are being rejected in UK Courts, as they need it in DD MM YYYY format.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I was just trying to redact a 300-page PDF with nearly 3,000 financial figures all starting with "$" but there is no way to redact that automatically. I'd have to go select each one individually which would take much too long. I can "search and redact" for all instances of "$" but it only highlights that symbol for redaction, not all of the numbers that follow. It seems like there should be a way to auto redact financial figures and maybe even percentages.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I'm frustrated that I pay every month to have a license for Adobe DC as part of my bundle of Adobe products and it is unstable, unreliable and full of bugs. Today, when opening up the program I was notified that my trial for DC had ended - HOWEVER, I am not on a trial, I am on year #4 of my paid subscription!! Now, features I had are gone, the Prepare Form function no longer works, I cannot create fillable PDFs (a service I get paid to do!)

How can I justify paying every month for something that does…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 of several problems in how PDF Maker (and InDesign's export to PDF utility) tag PDFs.

In Table Editor, the editor's cell markers (bright pink lines) do not align with the actual <TD> data cells. This makes it difficult, and sometimes impossible, to correct a cell's tag.

Most commonly seen in complex tables with merged cells in the column and row headers. See screen capture.

Also see this blog post:
    https://www.pubcom.com/blog/2020_04-05/ACROBAT_tableeditor.shtml

EXPECTED RESULT:
    Table Editor's cell outlines should match the actual cells.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I need the "Save as Adobe PDF" feature on Mac Acrobat! Without this print to save feature, it is very inconvenient to work on Mac Acrobat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please enable the ability to save multiple commenting styles similar to PDF Xchange by Tracker. It is very helpful to have a few different styles set up so I can, for example, use connected line tools to highlight several different things on a drawing in different colors, thickness, opacity.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Create 'object styles' for interactive text fields and buttons which allows the user to specify the attributes of the field which can then be applied to newly created fields

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Once a field perimeter is established, occasionally you have to re-draw the box to capture the text that you are tagging (can be 10+ attempts).

The feature request is to make the blue perimeter box resizable by adding a handle to the box allowing the user to resize the blue box, as you would if you were resizing a window pane on a windows desktop environment.

This allows us to add to the existing tag data rather than reparsing the desired text field.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please provide an option to prevent the Comment Pane from opening whenever you select the Comment Tool. I make comments all the time on PDF's and never required the pane to be open.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There is no software and no access after purchasing this software through the link https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/

A receipt came from u-bill uplink not from adobe and the software doesnt work after downloading. Stills requires upgrade even after purchasing. I request investigation and full refund.
    Also, I did not select to add any of the optional features yet i was charged for many of them. Dodgy scam!!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I'm using a 2019 Mac Pro with all the latest Adobe software. When Acrobat is open and in front of the Finder windows and other apps everything is fine but when I click into another app or Finder window, while Acrobat is open in the background, the Acrobat cursor remains visible. Hiding or quitting Acrobat is the only way to restore the correct cursor. When this occurs while working with another Adobe app (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) the cursor flickers between the Acrobat cursor and the other program's cursor. There is a flickering cursor bug which has affected Adobe software…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have Adobe Acrobat DC 21.005.20048 build installed under W10 Pro (up to date) PC.
    I can't print any PDF file anymore.
    Instead, the system offers me to save the file, every single time I hit the Print button, on any file.
    Apart of that, under Properties button on Print dialog box, an unnecessary complicated menu appears where I can't save printing profiles anymore.
    Who the **** modified what herein?
    THIS IS A MONTHLY PAID SERVICE, REMEMBER?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?