Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10666 results found

1. I use dual portrait monitors to look at 2 PDFs at the same time (usually a copy of a tax return on one screen and source documents on the other). The bookmarks are very important to me, but when the bookmark pane is on the left, it makes the PDF itself too small and defeats the purpose of using portrait monitors. However, if I could put the navigation pane at the top (below the tool bar) and display the bookmarks at the top of my screen, that would be very helpful. I looked all over but couldn't find this as…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would nice to be able to unshare a document, make changes to it, and reshare it again without losing comments & suggested edits made from previous users that were invited to it. I currently to manually copy/paste client comments from a previously shared file into a new one any time a partial change is made to the doc but old comments still need to be addressed or referenced.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Adobe Acrobat DC will not install on my computer (somewhat older mac with macOS Sierra operating system). I bought the license for Acrobat DC (with the 7 day free trial first) and the Creative Cloud interface downloaded on my computer but whenever I try to install acrobat (either from Google Chrome browser or from Creative Cloud directly) it says the installation was successful, but the app does not launch and the app does not exist on my hard drive when I search for it. On Creative Cloud, it invites me to install the app again. TL;DR: the system is saying…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We use to have the option to change the circle tool color to red and now I don't see it. Also, the circle is now more like a rectangle with rounded edges? I use this option a lot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There is a button in Adobe Acrobat Pro that allows toggling thin line weights as shown on the screen on and off but there is now way to get the document to print with thin lines. This is true of both PDF and physical printers. This can make working with and sharing readable engineered drawings difficult. Please follow up on this regardless of vote count! If you need to gauge interest in this request you should search "how to print thin lines in Adobe Acrobat" and easily see that this improvement would be widely appreciated. Adobe has obviously realized the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please can you add Irish (Gaeilge) to your list of languages for Scan & OCR? Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add feature in AdobeSign to set a date according to our Document Retention Policy (DRP) to alert signers of a pending document deletion

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. My clients get confused about the last step before they send out the document. It says "tap to sign" instead of "tap to send". I think it should be corrected.

I have attached a screenshot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9.  Acrobat (and all its derivatives & applications) desperately need a "Reload" or "Refresh" command for the currently selected .PDF document.  Not only may the document have changed without notice on the server without a semaphore lock on the file, but also Acrobat applications can and do frequently run into some kind of file reading problem, such as temporarily disconnected server, timed-out internet connection, corrupted connection, or not enough memory at the moment.  
    Who knows why these issues weren't accounted for in Acrobat's development, but because of these issues, it seems very short-sighted from the development side to not have included
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. There used to be an add-on feature that allows the "last slide view" button to actually work in PPT when exporting to PDF. Unfortunately it seems that only the back, next, home, last or first works... but not the last slide view. That would be extremely helpful when working with interactive document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We have an application that generates PDF files using Quick Report library.
    Those PDFs cannot be edited in Adobe Acrobat 2020 (Adobe Acrobat has encountered an unknown error) but they can be edited with other PDF tools such as SodaPDF.

I tried all methods listed in this forum but nothing worked.

The only solution is to print the PDF using the 'Adobe Printer' and then edit this file.
    It's a simple workaround but quite painful when you have to do it dozens of times per day.

It would be nice if Adobe could provide a fix for an issue that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Prevent modifications to PDF files and forwarding of files when sharing as an attachments in emails. For example, Microsoft allows encryption of a select file formats through Outlook that can prevent further forwarding and editing of the file when attached to an email. This feature would be a great addition to protecting and securing PDF files when the option of cloud access is not feasible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When viewing a document that has comments from a year ago, it would be helpful if the comments had the option to include the year of original posting in order to differentiate. For example, when a document has a comment from July 23, 2020, it only shows as "July 23" within Adobe, making the comment seem more recent.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Uploading multiple files is not possible in the Acrobat Standard DC app (for Windows). It would be great if a user can upload multiple files from their PC onto the Document Cloud without having to open the files one-by-one.

As seen in screenshot, it is possible to create folders through the Desktop app but not possible to upload multiple files at once. Kindly look into the issue.

Regards

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The "Find" text function in the current version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC fails intermittently when searching for text strings in larger PDF documents. This issue occurs across multiple users on multiple devices, so is not isolated to any individual installation of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Illustration attached.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The attached file consistently crashes Acrobat on compression or exporting. This is a user guide from an open source project.

The guide is on GitHub at https://github.com/nextgenhealthcare/connect/. The file is at https://www.nextgen.com/-/media/Files/nextgen-connect/nextgen-connect-310-user-guide.pdf.

Here is my system report output:

Account Detail:
    User Rights: Admin
    User Account Control: Limited
    Process Integrity: Medium
    Profile Type: None
    Acrobat Detail:
    Sandboxing: Off
    Protected View: Off
    Captive Reader: No
    Multi-Reader on Desktop Support: Off
    Applications Installed:
    Office Version: Office 2016 64-bit
    Outlook Version: Outlook 2016 64-bit
    Available Physical Memory: 1061952 KB
    Available Virtual Memory: 3683880 KB
    BIOS Version: DELL - 1072009
    Default Browser:
    Default…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hello, would it be possible to add farsi to the language support on Adobe OCR??

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When submitting a web form adobe will ask for your email address, sometimes you accidently misspell your email and the form is then lost. Adobe should add a feature where the form publisher can toggle an option to where the form signer has to type in their email twice or confirm their email to avoid this issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I understand protecting a document after a signer(s) has completed his/her signature. However, pdf creator should be able to remove a signer(s) should their signature no longer be required (based on the signer not signing the pdf yet). Additionally, this functionality should be doable on desktop software vs forcing user to do it online/cloud.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?