Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

598 results found

1. Getting comment list to show in Acrobat DC takes way too much time. It's a drag. At least on Mac OS.

165 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

69 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

We have provided a registry protected fix, some users confirmed that this worked for them.
    Could you please try this at your end as well and let us know your feedback?
    Kindly make sure you are on the latest DC build(20.012.20043) and then follow the steps from the attached word file: “Steps.docx”.

Regards,
    Arvind

2. The process to make a PDF accessible is overly complicated and buggy. Usually while doing this, something will go wrong and the only way to fix it is to close the document, open it again, do the same process and hope it works. This process should be as simplistic as possible so everything can be accessible.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Joel,
    We are always working to make it a better of experience for our accessibility customers.
    We’ll be adding the support of Undo/Redo in order panels and Reading Order Tool in our coming releases.
    Can you please tell me why you need the Tags Panel and Reading Order to be merged.

Thanks
    Rachit.

3. I have just installed the latest "Acrobat Standard DC", and I'm disappointed to find that still the way in which you have to personalise the "Quick Tools" area is not user friendly.
    Apart from having a mandatory set of icons on the left (I can't see an easy way of removing them), the way you have to add / remove icons is annoying - right-clicking on the quick tools bar then selecting or deselecting an item to have the menu disappear so you have to right-click and find the item again and again...! Then not being able to change the…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please create an option in Acrobat DC Pro for highlighting and/or marking text without also automatically creating a pop up comment.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Ammar responded

Please let us know if the issue is resolved.

5. If you go into a saved document and change something you cannot save it you have to save it as a completely separate document. i.e. I edit one line to be italicized and hit save and I get a pop up error that states, "The file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder.

1) I am the only user
    2) I created the .pdf document yesterday and did NOT make it read-only.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  14 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The GIANT icons! The in-app sending that doesn't work! The childishness of the design and interface! The distance from the powerful controls that I have come to use and count on from decades of using Acrobat pro and seeing it grow in capacity and power.

Every
    Single
    Time
    I open this, save a document, send a document, reset the screen again to show thumbnails, I curse you all.

How can it be both harder to use and more childish?

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Sahil Singla responded

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused !

Could you please let me know the exact issue you are facing so that I can suggest a workaround.

Thanks & Regards,
    Sahil

7. Where did the zoom tools go? They used to be visible in the main tool bar... I mean, I get there are other ways to zoom in and out of my pdf, but why remove such a common functionality? Please bring them back.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for Reaching out to us for your concerns.
    We have not removed the zoom tools from the main toolbar and those are already there.

I assume you might have undocked the Toolbar so you may be getting a black floating window over the document area which would be having the zoom tools.

I would request you to kindly Dock it back to the Main toolbar by clicking the rightmost icon from that floating window.

Also, if this is not the case i would request you to kindly do a right click on your main toolbar and select “Reset Toolbar” from the context menu. (This way your main toolbar will get back to the default state which would anyways be having the Zoom tools.

Let me know if this fixes your concern

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

8. I have already reported the fact that, when installing or updating Adobe Acrobat (which happens rather often), the program icon in the Windows menu is incorrect. I know how to bypass the problem by creating manually the good icon, but each time Acrobat is updated, this bad icon reappears (see screenshot).

This is a VERY long lasting bug. So please, fix it!!!

Thank you

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Could you please try the following steps and let us know if the issue is resolved:

• Delete Adobe Acrobat icon from the Start Menu, the desktop and from the taskbar.
    • Go to C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs and you’ll find the " Adobe Acrobat DC " with the wrong icon. The that looks like a shortcut. Delete it and close the window.
    • Go to C: > Program Files (x86) > Adobe > Acrobat DC > Acrobat and find Acrobat.exe
    • Right click on Acrobat.exe > Send to > Desktop
    • Right click again on Acrobat.exe > Pin to Start Menu… and close the window
    • Right click on Acrobat.exe – shortcut (that you just created on your desktop) > Copy
    • Go back to: C: > ProgramData > Microsoft > Windows > Start Menu > Programs… and Paste the…

9. Please stop asking me to sign in every time I open a PDF document. The pop up screen is very annoying

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Requesting you to please provide the below details :

1. Do you see the sign in dialog with any PDF file or with specific PDF file?
    2. Can you please share a snapshot of the sign in dialog being displayed to you?

Regards,
    Sandeep

10. Trying to select which pages to extract by clicking on thumbnails is next to impossible. Whoever thought of this system has never tried to extract multiple non-consecutive pages from a large document - they all look the same when shrunk to 1 inch tall. Can we just extract by highlighting bookmarks?

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Hi

Please let us know if information shared by Leonard helped in resolving your concern.

Thanks
    Vivek

11. I just installed Acrobat Pro DC and the it keeps shutting down after running only 10-20 seconds. I can occasionally open a file quickly enough, but after opening file, Pro DC then shuts down. Went through Adobe troubleshooting (checked updates, Distiller, repair installation), but problem persists. Note that I did NOT set Pro DC as my default program for PDF files. My original Acrobat Pro XI is running fine.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Drag and Drop has stopped working in Page thumbnail.

Cannot rearrange pages in page thumbnail.

Cannot drag pages from other pdf's that are also open.

**This is not resolved by the FIT view function.
    This is not resolved by the PDF/a option.
    *This is new as of last week.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us for your concerns.

Can you please let me know the exact version number of Adobe Acrobat DC that your are working on ?

I Tried this at my end and Drag drop in Page Thumbnails panel in a pdf / across pdfs is working fine for me.

Also i would request you to kindly share with me a screen recording video of the steps that you are trying to do here ?

You can send me that at ajain@adobe.com

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

13. Unchecked checkbox "Show home screen when all documents are closed" does not work. The home screen still opens.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Using Windows 10 Home Version 1909 OS Build 18363.657, when I have a PDF file or multiple PDF files open in Reader DC, and when I close the tab of a file and then try to do something with that file in Windows Explorer, such as rename or delete or move or change it any way, I cannot do so because Windows 10 thinks there is still a lock on the file and throws a pop-up dialog that says to "Close the file and try again." The only way I can get the lock released is by closing Reader DC…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry for the issue that you are facing here.

Do you have Windows Explorer Preview turned on in your explorer window ? If yes, can you please try after switching the windows explorer off and see if that works fine ?
    Also Try to close the explorer window and then try and then try to do any operation on that file in a different exporer window
    Let me know further.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

15. Adobe Acrobat DC is just an awful counter-productive tool now in Mojave. It crashes hourly (if not more often) just doing normal very simple tasks that I would normally be able to do in previous Mac OS. It doesn't matter if Im just reviewing a pdf made by someone else, creating a PDF from INDD, adding notes to a supplied PDF, etc etc etc ... it just constantly crashes. No warning, no error, just crash... program just quits out. So counter productive now its killing us as a company. PLEASE FIX!!!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. pdf documents not opening properly, with blank pages. It is worse if I try and scroll through the article soon after opening it. It will also loose text from the after a time not reading the document. This may be after the computer has been put to 'sleep' for a period (even a few minutes). It reports the error message 'Insufficient data for an image.' The new version is MUCH worse that previous versions. Please sort it out Adobe.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
    Kindly share with us your machine details and Acrobat version.
    Also please provide us some sample files on which you are facing this issue

17. Why the are you interrupting my workflow with fing pop ups that not only have I NO INTEREST in whatsoever and they've just crashed the fing application. Stop trying to push me in the direction of the cloud - if I wanted to go there I would sort it out myself. And I don't want you 'reaching out' to me. Just turn it off by default.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Acrobat DC keeps crashing. I don't know if the crashes are being reported back to Adobe or not. It is Hanging/Crashing on SaveAs and during editing.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am sorry for the inconvenience you are facing.
    Can you share with us the acrobat version and the operating system you are using
    Also some sample PDFs with which you are facing this issue.

19. The program needs an eraser (I've been telling Adobe techs this for years) If you need an example, download a trial version of Bluebeam Revu. Take a look at their crop, eraser, cut and flatten tools. You guys need to step up your game!

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have CC full suite and from the day I had to install Adobe Acrobat Pro DC I have been unable to print locally from any open PDF. I have tried multiple fixes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I've updated the printer drivers and had my IT support look at it. And now that this program is embedded in everything, I can't event go back to Acrobat XI. If I'm lucky I can export the PDF as an image or word document and print from there, but if I'm looking at document that's large that is just simply…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Ritesh (Adobe) responded

HI Ginger,

Please provide the Acrobat / Reader version installed on your system. Also provide a sample PDF document on which you have observed this issue.

Thanks
    Ritesh

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?