- or
No existing idea results
- ~ No ideas found ~
14340 results found
-
[bug reports] Acrobat DC2021 OLE freezes when a large number of JSObject getPageNthWord functions are called
In Acrobat OLE of DC2021, when I call a PDF with hundreds of pages with getPageNthWord function of JSObject, it stops at an unspecified page and word number.
The arguments of this function specify the correct page and word number, and the code works fine in DC2017.
The place to freeze is not the same every time, and the pattern is not fixed.
I have the following questions about this issue:
Is there a way for the calling program to fix this bug?
It's working fine in DC2017, so I think it's a bug specific to DC2021, but is the manufacturer aware of this issue?
End users are automatically upgraded to DC2021, but is there a way to revert to DC2017 or not upgrade to DC2021 until the issue is resolved?
Thank you for reading.
In Acrobat OLE of DC2021, when I call a PDF with hundreds of pages with getPageNthWord function of JSObject, it stops at an unspecified page and word number.
The arguments of this function specify the correct page and word number, and the code works fine in DC2017.
The place to freeze is not the same every time, and the pattern is not fixed.
I have the following questions about this issue:
Is there a way for the calling program to fix this bug?
It's working fine in DC2017, so I think it's a bug specific to DC2021, but is the…
1 vote -
Acrobat Pro crashes every time I open it and error report is displayed.
Can't use Acrobat to open any PDF.
1 vote -
Adobe Acrobat DC keeps crashing
I have an enterprise version of Adobe Acrobat DC through my University. After a recent Windows Update, every time I go to save a document, the program stalls and then crashes. I have also had intermittent freezing and crashing. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice with no resolution.
4 votes -
Acrobat saves prior version of file exported from Indesign and ignores subsequent version
This is a horrendous bug that I can recreate umpteen times. If a file is exported from Indesign to Acrobat, and then the Indesign file is edited and re-exported to Acrobat, if you try to save the revised version in Acrobat, Acrobat saves the original version (which I presume it holds in memory) and ignores the revised version. The only fix I have found is to close Indesign and Acrobat and start again - this seems to clear the prior version from Acrobat. This is really dangerous for users and immensely inconvenient. Adobe please fix asap.
2 votes -
Keyboard shortcuts
I would love to have a way to customize keyboard shortcuts, specifically for redaction tools - redacting full pages, redact page range, apply redactions would be great.
13 votes -
Javascript document method .bringToFront() not working in MacOS
For several months now the document method .bringToFront() is not working in MacOS. I have tested the issue with the same forms in the Windows environment and find that .bringToFront() works as intended in Windows.
1 vote -
1 vote
-
Adobe Acrobat DC crashes after 5 seconds from application start
Adobe Acrobat DC application opens for 5 seconds and then window closes. Have tried Repair Installation and Check for Updates commands and neither resolves the behavior. Attaching error message received from Acrobat application.
1 vote -
BUG - ACROBAT DC SHUTTING DOWN
Opening Acrobat DC it shuts down within 3 seconds of opening.
1 vote -
Pdf files keep shutting down
My pdf files keep on shutting down. I try to open a pdf file, it does open, but then it shuts down after 10-12 sec.
1 vote -
Bring Back Real Deskew
I work a lot with 2-bit (black/white) files of music scores. Since there is not a lot of text, the OCR-based deskew doesn't always work. In the current version of Acrobat DC there is NO incremental rotate, and if you use the "Edit Using" function to get to Photoshop, the Arbitrary rotation functionality is unavailable. This means there is CURRENTLY NO WAY TO DESKEW MUSIC using any combination of Adobe products. This is a bug that needs to be fixed.
2 votes -
Acrobat Pro DC crashes daily and require repair installation
Version 2020.006.20042
I have to run "Repair Installation" every day in order to use the software. It starts off clean and fast, opening files, displaying, editing, etc. Then, when I try to close even a 1-pg document, it may take a minute to close the doc. About 25% of the time, attempting to close a document greys out the entire window (title bar indicates "Not Responding"), and eventually a window pops up giving me the choice to a) Close the program; b) Wait for the program to respond (see attached).3 votes -
Show Key Usage on "Sign with a Digital ID" prompt
Requesting that the Certificate Key Usage be presented on the "Sign with a Digital ID" prompt. Being able to see the key usage would ensure users are picking the certificate with Non-Repudiation in environments where users have two certificates with Digital Signatures.
Attached is an example of the current prompt and an example of the desired prompt.
3 votes -
embedded
When converting documents that contain embedded documents to PDF, the final product should keep those embedded documents intact instead of converting them to images - forcing you to go back one by one and reembed the document.
2 votesThanks for your feature request. We have taken a note of it and will keep you posted.
Thanks
Tanvi -
Can't make the select tool default auto defaults to hand tool in Adobe PRO DC
Make it easy to select the select as default cursor when opening documents.
2 votes -
Drag and Drop to Desktop to Extract stopped working
I can no longer drag pages from the Pages Thumbnail sidebar onto my desktop to make a new PDF of those pages. I haven't tried to do this since the last update came through... Is anybody else experiencing this?
It's extremely slow and frustrating having to manually right click extract, select the pages, open it in a new adobe window, then have to save the file through the menu.
14 votes -
Trim View Display
It be nice to have a Trim View display option similar to the Trim View display option in Illustrator. This view would temporarily hide the bleed and slug areas of the page.
1 vote -
Add "no color" (transparent) option as Fills color (Change color comment tool)
Cannot change fill color to transparent ("no color") using the new tools.
Only way to do it is to go into the properties via right click or Ctrl+E.1 vote -
Bug Report - Acrobat Pro DC hangs on external Javascript editor
I’m trying to edit Javascript in an external editor. This has worked for years until just now. I’ve tried Brackets and TextWrangler with the same failure. Acrobat launches the external editor, and waits until the editor process is no longer running. This means that you actually have to quit the editor after saving the document in order to make Acrobat respond to your input again. This is fine, it has always worked in the past. But now when I quit the external editor, Acrobat remains unresponsive because it's waiting for the external editor to close, even though it’s already closed.
17 votes -
Allow upgrade eligibility for versions prior to 2017
I was disappointed to learn that you had to be an Acrobat 2017 or later user to get upgrade pricing on Acrobat 2020. As a loyal user of Acrobat 2015, this was a bit insulting to me. I learned that this is coded into the software registration process and nothing can be done about it by the Customer Care agents.
4 votes
- Don't see your idea?