Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Newest Acrobat CC does not auto open .pdf file created in Illustrator CC on PC

When I create a .pdf from Illustrator, a dialog box opens saying the file cannot be found. It used to auto open the .pdf after creating it. It does create the file (.pdf) but does not auto open it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Browsing Advanced Search Results

In versions before Acrobat Pro DC you could scroll through advanced search results with the down arrow. Now you must select and click on the entry, a HUGE time waster and annoying step backward in Acrobat's functionality.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adobe Acrobat Reader for Linux

Linux users are in dire need of a PDF reader and editor ever since Adobe discontinued the Adobe Reader (version 9.x) for Linux!

None of the currently available (free or proprietary) PDF readers for Linux has proper support for annotating and commenting PDF files. Filling forms and signing documents is also only rudimentary supported by some of the currently available PDF readers for Linux.

Thus, this is a request to revive Linux support for the latest Adobe Reader as well as the full Adobe Acrobat suite.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Acrobat Blank Out

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
    Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Running fresh install of desktop Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I frequently have multiple large (100+ page) documents open while working with other applications (Office suite, browser). When I navigate to a pdf I need to reference the document has gone blank even though pages are still there. Sometimes, an error message reads "There was a problem reading this document (109)." sometimes the error message says there is insufficient memory (my system has 8.0 gigs of…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. What happened to the +/- Zoom?

What happened to the +/- zoom function? I need the ability to manually input the % of a zoom when comparing files; so that I am comparing "apples" to "apples" when it comes to the percentage size the the zooms. Why does it seem that every new version of Acrobat worse than the previous version?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Tool Bar icons

The Tool Bar icons appear cartoonish - maybe at least tighten their outlines so they appear crisper!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. action list sort alphabetically

In the Action List where your sequences are, I find when you have a lot, there is no way to sort it alphabetically in one go. I am aware you can do this one by one via the manage actions setting, but that is tedious and counter productive, especially when you have a lot like i have, attached. Please can you implement a 'Sort by A-Z', either in the menu bar along the top, within the manager actions settings or next to the name 'ACTION LIST' on the UI, highlighted attached. Hope this gets someones attention. Thanks.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. adobe acrobat 9 pro version 9.5.5 suddenly slow to open

Am running Acrobat 9 Pro, 9.5.5 on Mac OS Mojave, and it's suddenly become slow to open and open PDF's -- long lag time before it opens the doc and/or opens up. Was working fine until recently.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Acrobat pro dc with google drive and Chrome OS

Please make Acrobat Pro DC function with Google Drive and work on the Chrome OS platforms...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adobe DC update freezes PC

After the Adobe DC update- installed without user authorization- every Windows 7 computer in the household froze. Nothing worked. I thought the cause was a recent Microsoft update until I checked a laptop on which the ONLY update was Adobe DC. Once again, Adobe has caused a headache. On forums I see that freezing and compatibility are known issues. I don't have TIME for this. Adobe needs to fix bugs BEFORE issuing updates.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Adobe is freezing and won't open PDF

Please fix the freezing and the file not opening happening since Adobe was updated. The system is much slower!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. NO! saving extracted pdf pages before emailing

Not an idea! A complaint

Each month I get one report, extract each Account Managers pages and email them to them individually. With the new update I have to save each PDF before I can email it? Who's bright idea was that? Takes twice as long to send reports now. Not to mention I don't need them once I've sent them off. Now I have to delete everything I've saved. UGH!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Email from PDF

Why can't we email from the PDF like we use to. If I pull up a PDF and want to email it to another person it does NOT give me access to our Outlook email contacts to select a person to choose from. It only give me our internal email addresses. No Bueno. What am I doing incorrectly if it is still an option.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sharing files suddenly doesn't work

When I try to email a file, all of a sudden, I don't get the option to email or share and a side frame pops up but no options are there for me to choose how I want to send the tile.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug Report

New Version Will NOT Allow A .pdf To Open Directly Into Your Office365 Create New Mail Tab So That An Email Can Be Sent

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. What happened to File-Save and File-Save As

What happened to File-Save and File-Save As? Adobe Acrobate Pro DC updated itself and they're gone.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I want measurements in feet and inches.

I need measurements in feet and inches. Anyway to accomplish that?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Look up to www.dictionary.com doesn't work anymore

a word look up ends up with '404 Not Found' using:
    https://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=<word>

instead it should use:
    https://www.dictionary.com/browse/<word>?s=t

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Acrobat DC process hangs

Acrobat processes hang in task manager. Clicking on a PDF file or the application shortcut will not launch the program but task manager shows Acrobat running. Killing the process and trying again still does not work. Users have to sign out or reboot several times a day to get Acrobat to launch.

Acrobat DC Pro
    Windows 10 1709 build

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bug in Acrobat's calculation of exponential (Type2) function

Hi,

Attached files show a severe bug in calculation of a simple Type2 (exponential interpolation) function in all Acrobat versions, including the latest DC beta.

The only difference between the 2 files is the type of function used to implement the simple function ‘y = 1 – x’ to accomplish a TR function on a SoftMask that inverts the values.

The one that is correctly rendered is InvertingTRasType4.pdf which uses a Type 4 (PS) calculator function type with operators:
    { 1 exch sub }

The one that is completely wrong is InvertingTRasType2.pdf which uses a Type…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base