Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Acrobat DC freezes when clicking URL link created with InDesign

Make Acrobat DC NOT freeze when clicking URL link created with InDesign

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Icon and Recent File List

The new white icon is very uncomfortable. I'd prefer the old icon file please. But even more important is the Recently Opened Files list ... now that thumbnails are included, the names of the files are TINY. I need to know how to make those file names larger, as I use this list multiple times daily! Please make the list as it used to be.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Opt out of pop ups for latest version-if I needed cloud, I would ask for itr

Request to opt out of pop ups for latest version of Adobe Acrobat Standard DC. If I needed cloud, I would ask for it. Opening a file takes long enough without stopping to close pop up.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Annoying sign-in for Adobe ID, request to ignore that permanently

Every time I open Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Adobe - annoyingly - wants me to sign in with my Adobe ID. I want to skip this pop-up permanently.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Acrobat DC process hangs

Acrobat processes hang in task manager. Clicking on a PDF file or the application shortcut will not launch the program but task manager shows Acrobat running. Killing the process and trying again still does not work. Users have to sign out or reboot several times a day to get Acrobat to launch.

Acrobat DC Pro
    Windows 10 1709 build

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. adobe reader for smart tv samsung

it would be great to have adobe reader in samsung smart tv

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pdf not recognized by default email application (Microsoft Outlook) on Windows 10 PC

Bug. I am unable to attach and send pdf documents from Adobe using the default email application (Microsoft Outlook) from my Windows 10 PC even though it is set up in the default applications.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Send & Track

Send & Track Feature is not working to create a link and all links created previously are failing. Error: Internal Server Error. An error occurred while connecting to service. Please try again later.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Nothing to do with your product. This is a complaint about your website.

None of your business what my date of birth is. No need to ask it. Then you point a page that apparently explains and it doesn't explain.

Also website is annoying and circular. Makes it difficult to find the right place to contact.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Asking for DOB is a legal requirement for us. Also can you please elaborate on the issues you are facing with the website in particular.

10. Boolean with Exact Phrase(s)

Greetings, dear colleagues!

I want to use Advanced Search of the Acrobat XI in order to perform the following search query:

cat AND "barking dog"

However by trials and errors I found that this syntax does not work in Boolean query mode of the Advanced Search.

It would be great to have such simple, but extremely useful search option

Thank you.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. Acrobat XI is now out of active development, but we are making a note of your feature request.
    Thanks again for reporting

11. Bug: Save as not working: "The File may be read-only, or another user may have it open.

Unable to "save-as," export, or e-sign a PDF document.

Error message when trying to export as another PDF file type, or as another PDF with normal "save as":

"The File may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder."

I am using Acrobat 9 Pro on a Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. scale ratio missiing

Pro Dc is impossible to find the Scale Ratio in the measuring tool.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. DC PRO constantly crashes

DC Pro is totally unreliable, whether creating a pdf, trying to access a pdf or saving the program displays "DC Pro not responding. Happens very frequently making the program useless. Have worked with support 3 times no resolve. Occurs on both my WIN10 and WIN7 computers, never had a problem with ver 7 through 10. Pay lots for DC team but will have to look for another vendor.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Talk to people

GET A BLOODY PHONE. 6 hours on your boards isn't funny.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please make documents opened from Mac Finder open in the current Space, not switch to a space which already has Acrobat documents open.

Please make documents opened from Mac Finder open in the current Space, not switch to a space which already has Acrobat documents open.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Measure on IOS. For iPad Pro

I need to be able to open plans and make measurements on those pdf plans in scale on my IPad

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Insert Multiple blank pages

In "Organize Page" can you add Insert Multiple blank pages,
    add after page 3,6,9 etc

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I want to STOP the Adobe screen pop up.

I'll make this simple and plain. The pop ups make me want to NEVER sign up for Adobe

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want to compare documents that are signed. I want to identify the differences - !!! Not change them !!! Why is this not available?

I want to compare signed documents. I don't want to change them - just compare to identify changes. Been beating my head against the wall and I cannot understand the logic that prevents using compare.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Greetings! I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with the compare feature.
    It would be great if you could help us with a few queries that will help us in investigating the bug:
    - What is the version of Acrobat Pro and the OS that you are using currently?
    - Could you please share the workflow that you’re using while using the Compare tool?
    - Could you please share some sample files with us so that we could reproduce the issue at our end?

For info on how to share the files with us, please read the steps below :

To share the file using Adobe send – cloud.acrobat.com/send
    - Open the above mentioned link
    – Click on “Select files to Send”
    – Click link “Choose file from my computer” and Select the file
    – Click on “Add Files”, if you have more files to add…

20. Acrobat hangs when internet connection is unreliable (timeouts)

My Internet connection was unreliable (there were a lot of timeouts) due to a partial outage at my ISP. This caused Acrobat DC to hang immediately upon opening it (I suppose because it couldn't reach some server). Switching to a more reliable connection fixed the problem immediately.

Adobe, you should make Acrobat more resilient against unreliable Internet connections. Not being able to open PDF files due to a spotty connection is unacceptable.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base