Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Acrobat DC closing automatically

Acrobat DC began closing automatically, again. This is two weeks after I uninstalled the program and then reinstalled. Whether I open a pdf file from the Explorer window or open Acrobat and then select the file to open, the program closes automatically 10-15 seconds after it opens. After reinstalling the program, the problem continues. I have already tried the suggestions from an earlier post (updating the software from the Help menu, repairing the software from the Help menu and running Acrobat distiller). It does seem to be checking my registration status, but does not remain open long enough for me…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
    Kindly share with us your machine details and Acrobat version.
    also, requesting you to try ‘Repair’ once-

Reader or Acrobat, or the resources they rely on, could have been damaged. Repairing the installation is a quick troubleshooting safeguard.

(Reader) Choose Help > Repair Adobe Reader Installation.
    (Acrobat) Choose Help > Repair Acrobat Installation.

2. very much slows down

a have a 5000$ computer, but after last update DC pro very much slows down and when you open it - prepares or converts something! Every docu

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. crashed

Acrobat just crashed due to file size, and could not be recovered, just lost everything.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. adobe reader for smart tv samsung

it would be great to have adobe reader in samsung smart tv

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Font rendering bug with Charter.ttc from Apple

To reproduce:
    1. Create a PDF with an embedded version of Bitstream's Charter font included with macOS or OSX.

1. Open the PDF in Acrobat.

Expected result: normal display of the font. The PDF displays normally in Apple's Preview reader.

Observed result: Many glyphs in italic and bold italic will be incomplete (missing terminals), smeared, or the strokes will be too thin. E.g., "B, F, Q, U, a–z, 4, ?," en dash, em dash, etc. Other glyphs may have problems, I have not tested them all.

Tested on macOS Sierra 10.12.6 with Acrobat DC and Reader DC, both version 18.011.20038; with…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. will not save or save as anything

if I open an existing PDF and make changes it will not save, if I create a new PDF it will not save. I have tried save, and save as neither work. and I need this to work for my job.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Need for you to add the ability for me to save to google drive from Adobe

Need for you to add the ability for me to save to google drive from Adobe

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. play video embedded in pdf on mobile device

I can create a pdf with embedded video and email it, but the video can't be seen or accessed on a mobile device. Most businesses use email that is read on their mobile devices, so an attachment with a small video can't be seen.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allows searches from the beginning of the document

If I do a control F search for a word, get a hit in the middle of the document, say, but then want to conduct a search from the beginning, there is no way to do that. I can manually move up to the beginning, even click within the document at the beginning, but the next search will still be from where the last hit was. This is true in both pro and reader and is, to my mind, a bug/design flaw. One should be able to search from wherever one wants in a document, not just from where the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug: Save as not working: "The File may be read-only, or another user may have it open.

Unable to "save-as," export, or e-sign a PDF document.

Error message when trying to export as another PDF file type, or as another PDF with normal "save as":

"The File may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder."

I am using Acrobat 9 Pro on a Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. REMOVE window changing position after saving a file

Currently, when you save a PDF the software slightly changes the window position, perhaps because the developers wanted a subtle way of emphasizing the completion of the saving process.

However, this window position changing is VERY MUCH ANNOYING for those users who are working with their screen splitted between two softwares. For instance, using Windows 10, when you put Acrobat to the left (WindowsKey + LeftKey) and another software to the right (WindowsKey + RightKey). Then, if you save your file in Acrobat it changes it's window position, putting the window slightly over the other software and leaving an unused…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix it

Awwww. ///

Come on guys. i have been saving Word files for years as PDFs.

I'm an Adobe ACI in five Adobe products. I know what I'm doing but tonight I'm tryiing to save a Word document as a PDF and now it's saying I have to register the product.... which is on the Cloud? ... and I've already downloaded the latest version. and registered it...

Oh yes, am tryinjg to register.... but no options to do so.... it just basically says.......... well........ you know...... xxxxxxx

What the ... ?

Come ON... I'm getting a bit sick of the lack…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Send & Track Personalized Invitations E-Mail

Allow senders of Send & Track personal invitations to create a closing signature block or a letterhead that includes the senders contact info (such as sender's name, company name, street address, phone and fax numbers, e-mail address, website address) within the e-mail. It's time-consuming to type the same info every time I send the invitations.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bug Report: Compare Files tool is not working in Acrobat Pro DC

1. Steps to reproduce this issue
      2A) Two files are selected
      2B) "Compare Text only" is checked
      2C) In settings, either "Autodetect" or "Presentation Decks" is selected. The result is incorrect with either choice.
      2D) In settings, only "Text" is chosen under "Show Report"
      2E) Choose "Compare" and view result

2. Environment
      Mac Mojave 10.14.3
      Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Continuous Release Version 2019.021.20061

3. Expected Result
      "Compare Files" would highlight differences between the files and would not highlight things that are the same in the two files.

4. Observed Result
      When "Compare Files" is used on two files that have small differences but are…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Stop evil right-bottom clickable rectangle area.

Stop right-bottom clickable rectangle area within a window.
    Frequently resizing accidentally causes a browser to start and open the CC page.
    (Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2019 19.21.20049.354971; macOS mojave ; japanese edition)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Newest Acrobat CC does not auto open .pdf file created in Illustrator CC on PC

When I create a .pdf from Illustrator, a dialog box opens saying the file cannot be found. It used to auto open the .pdf after creating it. It does create the file (.pdf) but does not auto open it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Browsing Advanced Search Results

In versions before Acrobat Pro DC you could scroll through advanced search results with the down arrow. Now you must select and click on the entry, a HUGE time waster and annoying step backward in Acrobat's functionality.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Acrobat Blank Out

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
    Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Running fresh install of desktop Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I frequently have multiple large (100+ page) documents open while working with other applications (Office suite, browser). When I navigate to a pdf I need to reference the document has gone blank even though pages are still there. Sometimes, an error message reads "There was a problem reading this document (109)." sometimes the error message says there is insufficient memory (my system has 8.0 gigs of…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Acrobat DC is very slow to navigate through tools and opening files

Acrobat DC is extremely slow to do everything like navigating through tools and opening PDFs. Acrobat X is 100 times faster than Acrobat DC. Please fix no one can use Acrobat DC to edit lots of PDFs at this speed. If I click something like "Edit PDF" it should immediately switch like Acrobat X does, there is a second delay on everything. I have a very fast i9 PC Windows 10.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC issues: slow scrolling - failed saving - document not found

If you type here before login/signing, once you do it, all typed text is wiped out. Really frustrating. Now, the other Acrobat bugs:

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC issues: slow scrolling - failed saving - document not found. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2019.010.20069 and previous ones on macOS has some issues, which have been around for ages. They are really frustrating:

1. Scrolling vertically becomes excruciatingly slow if "Edit - Find" (Command F) is opened. Even on powerful Macs, like iMac 27-inch Retina 5K display 4.2 GHz with 40 GB RAM and fast 2 TB internal SSD from Apple (mid…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base