Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

721 results found

1. Acrobat pro 2017 randomly crashes after scan during OCR and Optimization. It happens on win 7 win 10 on 3 different computers with 8 and 16 gb using fujitsu 6130 and fujitsu 7160 Scanner works fine with foxit phantom and paper stream capture. I have tried running as administrator, with acrobat elevated, with other programs shut off at startup, internet access shut off, virus programs not running etc. I have seen that I am not the only one experiencing this problem across all version of windows and various scanners and from Acrobat xi through Acrobat DC. I have increased page…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Would like ability to add the Marquee zoom tool to my Quick tools. This was lost when you switched to DC. It is not nearly as useful when I have to go through three clicks to get to it first.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Permanent crop tool that actually removes cropped content. Masking content does not work for PDFs that need to be later uploaded online. It botches thumbnail creation and causes files to be unnecessarily large.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry fot the inconvenience caused to you.
    You can crop the file by following below steps.
    1) Open a pdf
    2) Click on edit pdf
    3) Select option Crop Pages
    4) Now select the desired area and click enter
    5) Now you can select your desired settings for crop, click ok and save your file.

4. I want scanned documents to be searchable, and I want people to be able to copy/paste text from the documents, but I don't want them to be able to edit that text. I cannot find a setting that allows that.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It's moronic that I can't license more than two machines without having to establish a new email address. Rather than give you more money, I'll just remove it from the other machine. I'd rather give you more money, but that's not an option.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Both, Acrobat DC and Reader DC ignore the "General preferences > Use Single Key Accelerators To Access Tools" settings.

Although I checked this option, whenever I open a PDF document, acceleration keys (e.g. "H" or "D" for changing the selection mode) don't work.

Deselecting and selecting this option in General Preferences temporarily enables this feature, but both programs "forget" this setting the next time one of them is getting launched.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

HI David,
    We tried on our side on the latest build. It is fixed on our side. Please update on the latest build.
    Although the issue faced by you may be because you have not turned off Protected View, Please turn it off and you won’t be facing the issue anymore.

Thanks
    Rachir

7. Acrobat Pro XI allowed signing fillable forms. Now when i try to sign one after others have signed in their blocks, it won't let me.

Please fix this. It is a major hamper to my work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  11 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When no document is open in Acrobat DC, a recent files list is shown. While the list of files can be disabled, the window itself cannot. As someone who works in Prepress who opens hundreds of PDFs per day, each time I am finished with a file I must also minimise Acrobat DC to return to my working files. As it stands, Acrobat DC is taking up my full screen and providing no useful function, so in my view should include an option to disable this window.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Email for verification purposes never arrives when trying to log in

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Each comment in the column on the right hast to be opened to be checked with done (check mark). But then the answer-field is opening and the answering field of the former comment will be closed. When the checkmark is not set, the comment is always shifting a bit up. That makes a work with 500 corrections really bumpy/uneasy.
    The size of each comment is also too big. In the former version there were 17 comments on one screen, now there are just 9 comments!
    Make one comment without opening and smaller and more clearly arranged without moving!!

In the…

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The original issue reported in the main thread is resolved by giving a preference for checkbox in the latest release. The other issue reported by Ian Davis is under our radar and we will let the user know if we pick it for future release.

11. When copying form fields, Acrobat automatically makes identical copies. If I copy a page and fill in the first page, the fields on the second page are automatically filled out with the same info. The only way to couteract this without having java scripting knowledge is to manually change the name of every field. This is frustrating when you have 100 fields that need to be identical on 20 pages, but filled out with different info. This should be a standard option. Preferrably while copying, acrobat could ask if you want the new copies linked with the originals or not.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. how about being able to sign documents without connecting to a cloud service or being completely disconnected from the internet.. heck I can't sign it when i am fully connected..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Marking the issue as resolved due to no further communication from the user. Please do let us know in case you face any issues in the future.

Regards,
    Sandeep

13. How to permanently hide menu bar (File,edit,view,window,help) permanently (presently, when i press F9, it disappear, but when i re-open that document or any other pdf document, again that menu bar (File,edit,view,window,help) appears on screen and i never use it mostly, so can you please help me to hide menu bar (File,edit,view,window,help) permanently ? beacause my monitor screen is shorter and in that foxit pdf reader has best option to customize user interface. but i want to use adobe acrobat dc only so can you please help to give any option selection in adobe acrobat dc pro where i can permenently…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. lt would be nice if sign in happened once a month or longer. I have to sign in every dam day and even twice a day.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Would like ability to add the Snapshot tool to my Quick tools. This was lost when you switched to DC. It is a very handy tool to have at the ready.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like to set page layout to default and navigation tab to bookmark panel and page as a default settings. can I , please suggest.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do the following steps to get the desired result.
    1) Open a pdf
    2) Right click and go to document properties.
    3) click on initial view tab
    4) Select desired values from the drop-down for ‘Page lyaout’ & ‘Navigation tab’.

17. Is it possible to load new fonts into Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. I have some documents that require editing however the required fonts are not currently in the system

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have Adobe Creative Cloud with Adobe DC et al. Up to today I have easily & successfully clicked the 'Convert current web page to an Adobe PDF file' icon in my browser tool bar.

Today, it does nothing & doesn't generate the PDF.

No updates have been done to my machine, system or OS or browser.

When I try to launch Adobe DC & try the same function via File>Create>PDF from Webpage it generates a PDF with the title on the top line & the URL at the bottom line & an empty file. So, in other words, useless.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. During the correction process utilize a dictionary to look up words which contain most characters as determined by scan and in the same left to right order. Present these as choices to be picked rather than only allowing change via direct editing. Permit editing after a choice is made however because the choice might only be close.

So often I have seen "print" scanned as "primt" for instance. Since most text is words in a dictionary the correction process can offer alternative spellings with some high degree of probability that one of them is correct. This could also be used…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Acrobat DC's Save As dialogue is horrible. Why does this product need to differentiate from a typical Save As--even from the rest of Adobe's products? I want to immediately be able to choose Desktop or Documents or whatever, and not have to click an additional "Choose a Different Folder..." button, just because my save location does not appear in the recent short list.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?