Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10744 results found

1. I had a header image error in converting docx to pdf on https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/home?pdfnow%21verb=word-to-pdf&x_api_client_id=adobe_com&x_api_client_location=word_to_pdf . Today I contacted the Acrobat tech support and was instructed to inform the problem here. I hope this request helps. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello,
    So until recently (today is Nov 17 2022), Acrobat Pro had an option in the Preferences to turn off the Recent files window as default. Now that option is gone, and I wish Adobe will restore that option. Now every time my documents are closed with command-w, I get the Recent files window, and I have to close it with another command-w or manually by clicking on the window. I'm not sure if this is a new feature or is actually a bug that should be fixed. I would expect that a single command-w should close the window completely.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Support Arabic OCR and Arabic font when converting PDF to PPT and other conversions

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We need to be able to read our scanned order forms and type into emails at the same time, not with a split screen. We need to be able to have Acrobat have a feature to be checked to have Acrobat show "Always On Top" of other windows, so the windows behind acrobat can be full screen. This simple setting would really help all of us. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When I go to digitally sign a document using an Entrust digital ID issued by the State of Illinois, there is an issue. Everything seems to work except the sign button itself. Nothing happens when the Sign button is pressed. This issue seemed to occur on the latest version of Acrobat DC.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As folks fill out a web form, the additional step of having to click a link in your email to finish the submission is a pain and I would prefer being to turn that off.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The line endings on gestures within ink annotations are defaulting to being rounded and prior to the most recent adobe acrobat update, they were flat. Please switch them back to default to flat/none or provide a way to set them to flat/none via javascript (or some other configuration).

For example, we have OCR and other downstream processes that no longer work efficiently or work at all with the rounded line ending updates.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/rounded-edges-on-gestures-on-ink-annotations-after-adobe-update/m-p/13344391#M387012

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. After the update from version 22.002.20191 to version 22.003.20258, we've detected an issue with the new Microsoft Purview Information Protection plug-in.

It can happen, that Adobe Acrobat DC crashes, if a MIP protected PDF file shall be opened. In this case the opening process hangs and Acrobat DC doesn't react any longer and you have to terminate the app.

This happens, because the cached account information for MIP are obviously unusable (e.g. corrupt or invalid). The only solution currently is, to clear the cache via the "Clear remembered account information" button.

But many standard users aren't aware of this possibility/solution…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Until today, when I used the add text feature in fill & sign, text would automatically pop up. I use this feature multiple times a day. Now I have to retype the same thing over and over. This is going to cost me lots of time in my day, as I do this about 20 times every single day. Please restore the feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In the Accessibility Check box, you should include the option of selecting a link and tagging it as a link so the option is readily available.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Open PDF – note that Acrobat DC reports one comment in sidebar on right of window.

This is on Acrobat Pro DC, up-to-date (version 2021.001.20155), Running on MacOS Catalina (v.10.15.7). Comments were made on Acrobat Reader DC for PC, (version 2021.001.20138)

Expected result – should display the amount of total comments in the PDF.

Observed result – only displays comments once those pages are navigated to or scrolled past.

This has been reproducible on multiple versions of MacOS

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The idea is not novel - an autosave function that actually autosaves. I have the pretend autosave Adobe offers enabled and set for every 3 minutes, and twice I have lost all changes in a document with no evidence of where the mystical autosave files are located. Wasted hours and genuine disgust with this failing

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like to suggest an idea for Adobe Acrobat. The suggestion would be to allow people to insert vector lines and basic shapes to a PDF file. This vector lines and shapes could help us folks that may be looking at sheet music and or make a musical note correction to the sheet music. Also, allow a plug-in to insert musical notes and other music iconography onto a blank PDF file of sheet music. Adobe Acrobat can really be used by the music industry all around the world if they only can see the power and simplicity of using…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. BUG: Text field > action > reset form > Make selections: New text fields added after the fact are automatically added to the list as they DEFAULT AS SELECTED. They should default as not selected as they did not exist before the field was made.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please fix the problem of flickering fields in fillable forms for Acrobat DC. I experience it on my M1 mac running the latest OS and Acrobat software. The blinking/flickering fields make it impossible to concentrate on my work.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We need PDFMaker logs from Outlook, specially when we try to convert folders or files from outlook there is no tool that can provide that.
    We only have logs for Word, Excel and PowerPoint.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When you select, flag a chapter for accessibility, the flags could be of multiple colors, red for important, green for interesting and orange for read later.
    And not remain gray as unselected chapters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I just got notified that someone sent me a file to sign. I clicked on the notification and I get taken to the Home screen - Recent. I see a list of files (most of which are files I have signed) and I can see when the file was last opened. I would like to see what actions have been taken or more importantly are needed (signing for instance). Or, clicking on that notification should take me to a screen that shows me the files I need to sign and if I am up to date (because the notification came…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Reader version 2022.003.20263 (latest as of 11/10/22) Emailing does not work

We have a fillable PDF form that emails the data. The form has been working for years. Uninstalling Reader and installing an older version makes the emailing feature work again. Updating to the latest version, makes it stop working.

The email preference setting in Reader is set to a Gmail account. With Reader version 2021.001.20135 after clicking the submit button a browser window opens and allows you to log into the Gmail account and Reader creates the message in the Drafts folder (as it should). Upgrade to Reader version…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?