Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10536 results found

1. There should be a setting when creating a form in Acrobat Pro such that when a user opens it in Acrobat Reader and they click on the comment icon, that the comment list pane on the right side of the document does not automatically open up. This is confusing for some users. They should be able to open it up manually, but it should be possible to set it to not auto-open that pane.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Never happened before. Replaced pages on a previous interctive PDF with just text fields. Needed to move fields on same page to slightly different position. Every time i move the field the pages snaps to the left. See Screen Record. Quit and started again was OK for a bit then same issue. mac OS 10.15.7 Acrobat DC version on screenshot too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi,
    in a Corporate environment the user often has to approve documents not only for itself but also on behalf of other colleagues.
    This is why there should be more than 2 spaces allowances to add Signs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When searching document, the highlighted colour is light blue.

Surely the purpose of this function is to highlight the search item, not make it slightly more noticable?
    I'm very surprised to find that the search highlight colour isn't adjustable. I would, for example, set it to neon pink!

Thank you for your time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It will be interesting to have as before a separate PDF Printer Driver Package to install separately on Print Server for example.

When using Citrix Publish Apps (1912 LTSR), impossible to redirect Adobe PDF local Printer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Cloud commenting from Acrobat and InDesign is an amazing idea but it feels hobbled without the insert text at cursor tool, particularly for reviewing text heavy documents. Please consider expanding the commenting functions available to cloud reviewers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Prepare Forms has always had a 'Button' tool, which could have simple actions applied to it [eg. reset form, submit form]. I eventually found it in the 'Rich Media' tools, but there is no longer an option to assign actions. This is a fundamental function of preparing forms in Acrobat. Please put it back in the Prepare Forms tools and even if it's going to stay in the Rich Media tools – what's the point of having buttons that don't DO anything?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 2 HOURS OF COMMENTS ON PDF - MOVED TO DIFFERENT APP, CAME BACK TO ACROBAT ONLY TO FIND MY PAGE WAS CLOSED AND ALL MY COMMENTS WERE LOST. YOUR TOOL HAS NO FUNCTION TO RECOVER WHAT I WAS DOING. WHAT A CROCK OF ****. ARE YOU FOR REAL??? WHY NO PROMPT TO SAVE ON CLOSURE LIKE EVERY OTHER PROFESSIONAL APP?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I am currently in graduate school. I use adobe acrobat pro DC all the time to convert my classes powerpoints into pdfs. Once they are formatted as a pdf, I can take notes on them, and it sticks.
    I just realized I have been doing it wrong. I have been using the Add Text option, an option within the fill & sign tool. While this has been most effective in taking notes on powerpoints and helping me study, there have been many issues with it.
    The fill & sign tool is not made for quick note taking and texts. Adobe…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Acrobat automatically groups drawing tool (pencil) marks together, which is sometimes desirable and sometimes not. Why is there no option to right-click and group/ungroup pencil marks like there is for arrows, lines, and shapes? If I want to add a separate comment for each pencil mark, I undo the latest mark(s) and try to "trick" Acrobat by highlighting something or adding a shape, comment, etc. and then adding the second pencil mark. Sometimes this works and sometimes I have to do this multiple times. Then I go back and delete the unwanted highlight/shape/comment. If I create another pencil mark later,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The redact feature is really buggy, I was trying to redact text but the overlay text even set really small would go into two lines rather than one word and to select the redact paragraph was not user friendly. I instead just redacted it with the overlay white cover and then used the comment feature and wrote in redact

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I created a form and needed to disable the comma typing, because when I sent the pdf to another computer that didn't have Adobe, the sum field gave an error due to the comma. For some reason, he interpreted the comma as if it were a zero, so the sum went super wrong.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have created a pdf fillable form and the date picker and the signature box only work when I open with Acrobat. Do these not work in Chrome or Edge? I don't want people to have to use special software to fill in the form.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In past versions of Adobe, if I was saving multiple documents, the program would remember the last folder I saved the document to, so it would automatically go to that folder when saving another document. At the moment, it will only open temporary files and I will have to waste time clicking around to find the correct folder that I want to save the document to. There needs to be an update to allow the flexibility to save documents to the last folder selected.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback. The last folders where you have saved your previous files should get listed under the My computer section of the Save As dialog.

Can you please share the snapshot of your Save As dialog?

Regards,
    Sandeep

15. In version 2021.001.20138 it's impossible to open XFA-based forms (sample attached).

1. Open any XFA form.
    2. All you get is an modal message "No error". When you click [OK] then you'll see the "Please wait …" shell PDF of the XFA form, which is generally only shown by PDF viewer that don't support XFA.
    3. Tested on Windows 10
    4. Display contens of dynamic XFA form
    5. Nonsense error message "No error." and display of shell PDF.

The problem is the same in Acrobat Reader DC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The output preview ("op") window has a standard width that can not be underrun. As the window is very big, it would help if you could narrow the window more than it is possible at the moment. Therefore you would have more space on the monitor for your document itself. In my case with my older monitor, the window uses nearly one-third of the space of the whole screen and annoys me very often.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can we open a PDF file like a code file, the way we used to open our code file in gvim ie same file can be open in two/three tabs. (like seeing function decl. & it's call?) This would be very useful to read in a large PDF file, such as reading a sub chapter on page number 50 and referencing page number 225 for further explanation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. This is insane, letters disappear constantly, any idea how I can fix it? I use Adobe DC and win10

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. This needs to be fixed. We are wasting a lot of time constantly be required to sign in to our account, often times on a weekly basis.
    We have an annual subscription and this should not be happening.
    Frankly I'm getting **** tired of it.
    FIX THIS!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The scale ratio requires you to input decimals rather than fractions when measuring architectural scales, i.e. 0.125" = 1'-0" for 1/8" = 1'-0". However, after inputting the decimals, Acrobat rounds to the nearest 2 decimal places. So 0.125" becomes 0.13". Doing so makes all measurements off by .005". This is unacceptable in the architectural world. This functionality should NEVER round the decimals, and should house at least 3 decimal places to ensure accuracy.

This occurs on Mac and Windows, in every version of Acrobat and Acrobat Pro currently downloadable. It was tested by my team and internally at Adobe.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?