Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10742 results found

1. Acrobat DC crashing on MacBook Pro OS 10.15.6.

Any time I open Acrobat, it crashes/quits immediately. I can not do anything. It has been happening since I updated my OS.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. please allow the ability to turn of the start up home page permanently.
    also, why can we not cmd + w (keyboard shortcut to close window)??

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I exported a file from InDesign 15.1.2 x 64. When opened in Acrobat Pro DC Version 2020.012.20043, the page is blank and I get the error Out of memory. Other people also report they have seen the same error with my file. Please see attached file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. lost a combined pdf of photos and document last night, how do I recover it?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hey how about not adding some piece of **** Creative Cloud without asking...500MB you are stealing, plus my time. wanted a clean install on a new computer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. PDF files that I created are being password protected randomly. This is a major issue because i need to be able to edit/merge these files for work. I did not set up or request a password to be added so I have no idea what password it is looking for.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  amukherj responded

Sorry for the inconvenience, though this sounds very strange. Can you kindly share the steps you are following to create the pdf. I am asuming it is asking for a password when you are trying to reopen it later – correct me if it is not so.
    Also share the version of the software you are using as well as the version of the Operating system.

7. I mistakenly created a signature document which is now saved under my account. It's my fault for overlooking how I did this, but nonetheless, I should be able to delete this document.

I've been told that this is not possible. The document can be hidden, it can be archived on Adobe servers, but neither of these options are adequate. I want the document purged and there should be an option for the user to do so.

I was told that earlier versions of Adobe Sign allowed this, then the function was removed for security purposes. I think this needs to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. You're uninstaller NEED to remove all residual files/folders, and not just the applications!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When editing templates previously created, the text field-area moves and includes different parts of the text even if they were in completely different boxes.
    I came back to a template and experienced the attached. It prints out that way as well. This is very frustrating because I don't know how to get the original text back.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi Team,

We are designing Dynamic Forms using adobe LiveCycle Designer which fetch the data from server - az18w1445 (where we have stored .xls files about users information).
    To Fetch the data from the required server we used to access the site - http://ie3bvwitss347:8080/ReaderExtensions/Welcome?ap=1which is dependent on flash. Can't we access the adobe reader extension without flash. Do we have any aletrnative to fetch and automatically fill the the data into forms.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Read out loud to end or read this page only: The ability to start from anywhere (make option available using right+click from selected area of the document). It's maddening to have to listen to the document over and over and over and over and over and over and over... when troubleshooting order errors. TIA

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you and this is a feature request, we have kept it in a radar.

Please connect with us incase you need any help. Also please checkout the latest features by updating to the latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

12. Why not have a PDF LIBRARY of forms like MICROSOFT WORD has a library of letter and forms just call them up and fill in ..

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We receive computers from our IT department with Acrobat DC pre-installed. It is the very first thing I remove because it a) takes up over 2GB of space and b) runs resource-consuming, useless background services. As a point of fact, uninstalling Acrobat leaves behind those useless services. Those services do nothing for the user but consume resources. Acrobat DC itself is bloated and a huge pain to view documents with. Adobe completely takes it users for granted and produces low quality software as a result.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. For many years i was developing Livecycle Forms for SMB . Why did Adobe cancel the product?
    Has anyone ever thought about how big the market is for i.e. handymens etc. to use dynamic formulars in their business? But they cannot afford an AEM license with server components etc.! It seems to be a very short termed look. Everyone is talking about digitalization. But noone seemed to have done an analysis of market segments and opportunities. The world consists of more than banks and world market players. Thx for any feedback.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • currently the link to a shared Document that is opened in a browser is viewed with a panel on the right side, reducing the screen foot print to the user presentation
    • Request that links shared and opened with users be in a Full screen Presentation mode to focus user attention to the contents rather than adobe tool bar
    • asking users to leave a comment is extremely useful however, should never block the full presentation view
    • user comments be with date and accumulative list from all users. Send email notification when a user leave a comment on a shared docyment.
    • the…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Auto Generate Cell IDs adds a space to the end of IDs which are not long enough, and appears to be including internal spaces. Since cell IDs cannot contain spaces, those headers are not announced by AT when reading the table. (OS: Windows 10 on desktop PC; Acrobat Pro DC 20.012.20043; latest as of 8/30/2020).

The attached file has two identical tables (Word 365, Saved as PDF) with auto-generated header IDs. With the first, NVDA (v 2019.2) only announces the headers for Vegetable, Potassium, and Brocolli. All other headers have spaces at the end, and the IDs for % DV…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

With the latest release of Acrobat on June 14, 2022, this issue has been addressed.

If your product is not already updated, you can manually do so from within the product.  Click on the menu Help-> Check for updates.

Thanks

Rachit

16. Adobe acrobat pro DC can open properly, but it crashes my file explorer every time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. PDF DC needs a way to split a document into multiple files with varying page ranges by name. Under the split feature, there could be a table to fill in (or paste into) a list with "new file names" and the page range for that new file. This way you could extract multiple sections of a PDF at once. If this is not possible, an action script or plugin, as part of DC purchase, to import lists to create bookmarks, rather than manually creating them. This way one could split a file by bookmarks (already a feature) quickly by first…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Unable to perform an offline installation of adobe pro 2020.

Version 20.0001.30002

I have attempted to use the Adobe Provisioning Toolkit. I am able to generate a request code, accept the request code on adobe's website, and generate a response code.

the response code provides error code 14 when entered.

I continuously get the roundabout from adobe support that I just need to enter the response code when prompted and also that offline activation is not supported.

The environment that I am installing adobe acrobat pro 2020 is completely offline and cannot connect to the internet.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The new updates have been doing only harm to the software. It has become painstakingly slow. I normally have 5-6 (min) PDFs open at all times and search through them for keywords. After the recent update, it has been very slow, sometimes showing results on blank pages, even though there is actual content.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?