Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

11634 results found

1. Auto update feature cannot be turned off. This is a fundamental flaw in your software. No software should ever update without permission of ownder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The new way is very long winded. sometimes the Share window doesnt open. PLEASE allow 1 click to send via default email client as in the last version.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In fact, all languages supported by the open source tesseract project should be available to Adobe customers. Better yet, Adobe licenses OCR from I.R.I.S. S.A. and meanwhile Readiris 17 has support for 130 languages, including Icelandic. Time to update or lose some license restrictions and move open source. What are you paying for, other than sub-par technology? Tesseract is a project supported by Google with an Apache 2.0 license.

Foxit and ABBYY Finereader also have support. Adobe is severely lagging behind here. The tesseract engine is particularly good at character recognition but does not have a very nice interface. There…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When creating PDFs with multiple images that each have a unique filename, I would like to be able to insert that filename on the corresponding page so that I can more easily navigate to that file if I need to search for it on my computer.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Let's find someone who has a better idea than adobe and get them up and running on kickstarter so I don't have to use this ****** program.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Whenever opening pdf file, Acrobar Pro DC always shows a window titled as 'content preparation progress". This takes too long and blocks file content & makes hard to read file content.
    Sometimes several minutes, sometimes forever!
    This needs to be improved.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  18 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Increasingly throughout the internet there are files available which are not in our own language ☹ I remain baffled why an in-built translator has not been implemented to generate a translated document given the number of countries globally using Adobe today. In simple terms, we have computers to do this for us as I again find myself attempting the labourious task to convert line by line through an online translator. This says a lot for us as a technology society.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. PLEASE fix so text boxes stop combining. I KNOW Acrobat is not an "editiing" app but I have to make contact sheets from multiple products and sources from Adobe Bridge. Then the client needs a couple changes, or we need to update an area on the contact sheet ONLY. Constantly have to fight to redo text. Not editable in other apps - Illustrator can only open one page at a time. Can't edit PDF in Indesign. Can't edit in Word. These are NATIVE pdf's from Bridge. Thank you.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The "To" Column on Shared files index is a very important reference feature that was lost in updates. Would very much appreciate having it back. Makes reviews and finding reviews much easier and quicker, especially when same doc might have gone to different groups. Thanks so much for great tools!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Never, ever thought I would say this. I am searching for a new tool for creating and releasing forms for corporate use.
    Absolute FAIL across the board.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. You people are living in India, utilizing its resources, and hiring its people, and making a huge profit out of it, and still you do not support even a single Indian language. We Indians really need to do something about it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Some Forms (IRS) restrict areas of the document where you can enter information. This can be helpful, except when you need to sign and date the form after you have filled it in. For some reason the "date" part of the form will not accept text from "Fill and Sign", but it will accept a stamp. All of the default dynamic stamps in Acrobat have additional, un-needed text like "Approved', etc.

Please add two dynamic stamps that have ONLY 1) the Date and 2) Date and Time without any additional verbage so that the user can quickly sign AND date…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I do a lot of commenting and the commenting tools used to work much better.
    Here are my top wishes:
    1. Instant 'add note to replace text'. It used to work, so that if you highlighted a word or a sentence, all you needed to do was to start writing and the text would appear in a blue comment box.
    2. When reviewing comments in a document, I really need an up and down arrow, so I can jump through all comments one at a time.
    3. Allow for ALL the commenting tools to be available in the main tool…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In Acrobat 9, the "comments" window displayed the COLOR of the corresponding sticky note (there was a small sticky note icon in each window that showed the color of the corresponding note).It was possible to quickly view and navigate to related pages/sections of the PDF even if the page was not directly viewable; I could quickly scan for all comments that were associated with a RED sticky note, or a BLUE one, etc, by simply scrolling through the comments -- it was not necessary to view the actual page of the PDF to check the color of the sticky note.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When I edit a document, I do not necessarily want to edit existing text. I do not want Acrobat to do an OCR process on the document and create uncountable text boxes (that can easily be messed up), when all I wanted to do was either crop the image or add a text box. Please allow the OCR conversion to be toggled off.
    Also when scanning, if you go into an option like increase resolution, all of the changes (like selection of document size) made on the previous screen are lost and have to be entered again Too time consuming!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There used to be a wide variety of stamps available for accountants some of which were encircled numbers and letters as well as accounting tick marks which included check marks TB GL and things of the sort. I was told these were not put into the newer versions of acrobat but are extremely useful when marking up workpapers. Please add this feature into Acrobat 2017 Pro

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hello, could you review the modalitée for sending a Pdf by mail, it should have the mail is directly open the mail software. And also when I have a Pdf of several pages and I want to send that certain page by mail, before I used the function to extract and I send directly the extraction by mail. Now after extraction if I want to send it I have to register it, is it possible to make sure not to have to register before sending.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?